Ha, I am going to endulge myself in a silly bit about the various drinks:

Wine = headache

Bourbon= pontification

Vodka= silence

Gin= oh my, the heaves

Beer= bloat

Brandy= flaming esophagus

Schnapps= why bother, eat a mint

In the longer run the human body starts to fail because of alcohol in it if the pancreas is always stressed and the liver also has to do more than it's share of work. Each tend to fail in the longer run with alcohol constantly flowing through them, with the liver turning to a crusty malfunctioning pancake of what it once was, and the body dies a rather miserable death. The time it takes to be sickly and die also takes a toll on those close to the person suffering that unnecessary failure.

Overall I think that  if a person can, they are better off without consuming alcohol products. But hey, I had to reach that conclusion that over a period of a decade or so. One day I realized hey, I do not want my kids drinking alcohol, it is going out of this house and I am not going to drink again least until they are adults themselves. Well they are long past just becoming adults and I still do not favor drinking for myself, it does nothing for me that I can't do better without it.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  932
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,320
  • Content Per Day:  5.01
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

My first mentor a fine man, drank an once an hour ( Scotch ) under the "scientific study conclusion" that the adult liver could process an once and hour and the person would not be impaired. He had a case of scotch in his Lincoln's trunk at work, and he had a separate delivery supply to his home so he could keep track of his  "business" expenses. He also failed to  function at age 55 and died at 59 a hard and defiling death scenario for  relatively young and decent man. I enjoy the memory of his younger days as my mentor and boss. He was a fine teacher, for that  I am grateful;  but I also miss that I never could know him as an old man of wisdom, because of the excess he indulged in. Seems to me alcohol leads to more sadness than it ever does joy.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  21
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,573
  • Content Per Day:  0.52
  • Days Won:  0

On 11/8/2017 at 2:26 PM, missmuffet said:

I have heard just the opposite about alcohol at least as far as drinking wine goes, dont know about other drinks. 

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,989
  • Topics Per Day:  0.49
  • Content Count:  48,687
  • Content Per Day:  11.92
  • Days Won:  226

4 hours ago, TheMatrixHasU71 said:

I have heard just the opposite about alcohol at least as far as drinking wine goes, dont know about other drinks. 

Some of the positive affects of alcohol were proclaimed a long time ago. Because doctors said that red wine was good for you that gave people permission to drink alcohol. Since then  there has been some very negative claims about alcohol.

• Followers:  28
  • Topic Count:  337
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  15,659
  • Content Per Day:  2.46
  • Days Won:  39
  • Birthday:  02/27/1985

alcohol, especially wine, has been scientifically proven to have positive side effects in moderation. Even the Apostle Paul prescribed it for stomach issues. It, like most things in life, becomes a problem when taken in excess. The Bible prohibits excessive drinking, and speaks strongly against drunkeness, but it does not prohibit drinking in moderation. 

This study, linking it to cancer, is what Trump would like to call "fake news" and is not science in the least bit.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  40
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

Romans 14:13-23English Standard Version (ESV)

Do Not Cause Another to Stumble

13 Therefore let us not pass judgment on one another any longer, but rather decide never to put a stumbling block or hindrance in the way of a brother. 14 I know and am persuaded in the Lord Jesus that nothing is unclean in itself, but it is unclean for anyone who thinks it unclean. 15 For if your brother is grieved by what you eat, you are no longer walking in love. By what you eat, do not destroy the one for whom Christ died. 16 So do not let what you regard as good be spoken of as evil.17 For the kingdom of God is not a matter of eating and drinking but of righteousness and peace and joy in the Holy Spirit. 18 Whoever thus serves Christ is acceptable to God and approved by men. 19 So then let us pursue what makes for peace and for mutual upbuilding.

20 Do not, for the sake of food, destroy the work of God. Everything is indeed clean, but it is wrong for anyone to make another stumble by what he eats. 21 It is good not to eat meat or drink wine or do anything that causes your brother to stumble.[a] 22 The faith that you have, keep between yourself and God. Blessed is the one who has no reason to pass judgment on himself for what he approves.23 But whoever has doubts is condemned if he eats, because the eating is not from faith. For whatever does not proceed from faith is sin.[b]

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  40
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

Wine WAS most certainly different in those days. Abyone who thinks differently is in denial. Some of you seem so bent on proving that having your one glass of alcohol a year is ok you have strayed away from Gods purpose in life. 

I was an alcoholic for several years. I cut back a great deal. I had 2 beers for lunch the other day. I am a sinner not worthy of Gods salvation. Alcohol is dangerous. 

• Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  342
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,382
  • Content Per Day:  2.71
  • Days Won:  1

On 11/8/2017 at 12:26 PM, missmuffet said:

I remember dozens of things the AMA came out with that could cause cancer, pepper being one of them. We loves us lots of pepper on everything but ice cream and corn flakes. As far as alcohol, a cup of wine soothes the stomach. For decades I consumed Olympic swimming pool's of Anheiser Busch's finest, until the Lord touched my heart and I repented. I don't go along with there unproven theories anymore than pepper. 

• 11 months later...

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  2,679
  • Content Per Day:  1.42
  • Days Won:  16

On 11/29/2017 at 10:57 AM, missmuffet said:

But how much wine did Jesus drink? Everyday? Did he get intoxicated? Our wine is different today than it was then.

two questions you don't know the answer to followed by a spurious assumption don't do much to strengthen your case :)

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  2,679
  • Content Per Day:  1.42
  • Days Won:  16

On 1/23/2018 at 6:24 PM, Lamb2Lion said:

Wine WAS most certainly different in those days. Abyone who thinks differently is in denial. Some of you seem so bent on proving that having your one glass of alcohol a year is ok you have strayed away from Gods purpose in life. 

I was an alcoholic for several years. I cut back a great deal. I had 2 beers for lunch the other day. I am a sinner not worthy of Gods salvation. Alcohol is dangerous. 

In what way?  How has fermentation changed?  I know a bit about wine, both modern production and ancient and I've never seen any real differences but the  equipment and scale.