• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2,679
  • Content Per Day:  1.40
  • Days Won:  16

On 12/26/2017 at 7:40 PM, missmuffet said:

Well, the facts are based on research. The problem with "healthy" drinking is many have taken it beyond that. Then it is not healthy.

how is that your business?  EVERY good thing God has given to men has been abused by some and become sin to the abuser.  Why do you  single out a glass of wine for condemnation?  He gave us food and warned against gluttony. Yet we have a nation of OBESE people MANY of whom are Christians.  There IS no Biblical problem with  "healthy" drinking.  If it's taken beyond what the Bible permits then it's no longer healthy.

I'm a little surprised at how provoked I feel by this topic but consider this.  There are some people in this thread that are in grave danger of adding to the Word which is JUST as bad as ignoring and denying any  part of it.  And they are coming dangerously close to charging Jesus Himself with sin.

Both of those may well have consequences far more serious than i want to see anyone endure.  I'd do a serious check-up on where you're coming from.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  320
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  6,830
  • Content Per Day:  0.84
  • Days Won:  1

Jesus had no problem with alcohol. He changed water into wine when they ran out of it.

John 2:6-7    V6, And there were set there six waterpots of stone, after the manner of the purifying of the Jews, containing two or three firkins apiece. 
    7, Jesus saith unto them, Fill the waterpots with water. And they filled them up to the brim.

Read on where He changed the six water pots filled with water into wine in verses 8, 9, 10, and 11.

Also in John 4:46 So Jesus came again into Cana of Galilee, where he made the water wine. And there was a certain nobleman, whose son was sick at Capernaum. 

Jesus consumed wine occasionally. He is also looking forward to having a glass of wine with us when we are together with Him.

Matthew 26:29 But I say unto you, I will not drink henceforth of this fruit of the vine, until that day when I drink it new with you in my Father's kingdom. 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  37
  • Topic Count:  537
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  32,618
  • Content Per Day:  5.01
  • Days Won:  216
  • Birthday:  02/23/1953

Hmmm I don't smoke, last alcoholic drink I had was almost 50 years ago ( yes I was under age at the time ) and I don't live nor have ever been to California ( don't even eat white beans YEUK ) yet I had half my lung removed last year due to cancer ...ooops maybe they need to reverse the list of things that cause it :rolleyes: