Robert William

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  34
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  612
  • Content Per Day:  0.26
  • Days Won:  0

Many say Babylon is the Popes Romanite Religion, I believe scripture shows us that Babylon is the USA.

Rev 18:1  After this I saw another angel coming down from heaven, having great authority, and the earth was made bright with his glory.
Rev 18:2  And he called out with a mighty voice, "Fallen, fallen is Babylon the great! She has become a dwelling place for demons, a haunt for every unclean spirit, a haunt for every unclean bird, a haunt for every unclean and detestable beast.
Rev 18:3  For all nations have drunk the wine of the passion of her sexual immorality, and the kings of the earth have committed immorality with her, and the merchants of the earth have grown rich from the power of her luxurious living."
Rev 18:4  Then I heard another voice from heaven saying, "Come out of her, my people, lest you take part in her sins, lest you share in her plagues;
Rev 18:5  for her sins are heaped high as heaven, and God has remembered her iniquities.
Rev 18:6  Pay her back as she herself has paid back others, and repay her double for her deeds; mix a double portion for her in the cup she mixed.
Rev 18:7  As she glorified herself and lived in luxury, so give her a like measure of torment and mourning, since in her heart she says, 'I sit as a queen, I am no widow, and mourning I shall never see.'
Rev 18:8  For this reason her plagues will come in a single day, death and mourning and famine, and she will be burned up with fire; for mighty is the Lord God who has judged her."
Rev 18:9  And the kings of the earth, who committed sexual immorality and lived in luxury with her, will weep and wail over her when they see the smoke of her burning.
Rev 18:10  They will stand far off, in fear of her torment, and say, "Alas! Alas! You great city, you mighty city, Babylon! For in a single hour your judgment has come."
Rev 18:11  And the merchants of the earth weep and mourn for her, since no one buys their cargo anymore,
Rev 18:12  cargo of gold, silver, jewels, pearls, fine linen, purple cloth, silk, scarlet cloth, all kinds of scented wood, all kinds of articles of ivory, all kinds of articles of costly wood, bronze, iron and marble,
Rev 18:13  cinnamon, spice, incense, myrrh, frankincense, wine, oil, fine flour, wheat, cattle and sheep, horses and chariots, and slaves, that is, human souls.
Rev 18:14  "The fruit for which your soul longed has gone from you, and all your delicacies and your splendors are lost to you, never to be found again!"
Rev 18:15  The merchants of these wares, who gained wealth from her, will stand far off, in fear of her torment, weeping and mourning aloud,
Rev 18:16  "Alas, alas, for the great city that was clothed in fine linen, in purple and scarlet, adorned with gold, with jewels, and with pearls!
Rev 18:17  For in a single hour all this wealth has been laid waste." And all shipmasters and seafaring men, sailors and all whose trade is on the sea, stood far off
Rev 18:18  and cried out as they saw the smoke of her burning, "What city was like the great city?"
Rev 18:19  And they threw dust on their heads as they wept and mourned, crying out, "Alas, alas, for the great city where all who had ships at sea grew rich by her wealth! For in a single hour she has been laid waste.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  84
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  3,986
  • Content Per Day:  1.13
  • Days Won:  4

2 hours ago, Robert William said:

Many say Babylon is the Popes Romanite Religion, I believe scripture shows us that Babylon is the USA.

Rev 18:1  After this I saw another angel coming down from heaven, having great authority, and the earth was made bright with his glory.
Rev 18:2  And he called out with a mighty voice, "Fallen, fallen is Babylon the great! She has become a dwelling place for demons, a haunt for every unclean spirit, a haunt for every unclean bird, a haunt for every unclean and detestable beast.
Rev 18:3  For all nations have drunk the wine of the passion of her sexual immorality, and the kings of the earth have committed immorality with her, and the merchants of the earth have grown rich from the power of her luxurious living."
Rev 18:4  Then I heard another voice from heaven saying, "Come out of her, my people, lest you take part in her sins, lest you share in her plagues;
Rev 18:5  for her sins are heaped high as heaven, and God has remembered her iniquities.
Rev 18:6  Pay her back as she herself has paid back others, and repay her double for her deeds; mix a double portion for her in the cup she mixed.
Rev 18:7  As she glorified herself and lived in luxury, so give her a like measure of torment and mourning, since in her heart she says, 'I sit as a queen, I am no widow, and mourning I shall never see.'
Rev 18:8  For this reason her plagues will come in a single day, death and mourning and famine, and she will be burned up with fire; for mighty is the Lord God who has judged her."
Rev 18:9  And the kings of the earth, who committed sexual immorality and lived in luxury with her, will weep and wail over her when they see the smoke of her burning.
Rev 18:10  They will stand far off, in fear of her torment, and say, "Alas! Alas! You great city, you mighty city, Babylon! For in a single hour your judgment has come."
Rev 18:11  And the merchants of the earth weep and mourn for her, since no one buys their cargo anymore,
Rev 18:12  cargo of gold, silver, jewels, pearls, fine linen, purple cloth, silk, scarlet cloth, all kinds of scented wood, all kinds of articles of ivory, all kinds of articles of costly wood, bronze, iron and marble,
Rev 18:13  cinnamon, spice, incense, myrrh, frankincense, wine, oil, fine flour, wheat, cattle and sheep, horses and chariots, and slaves, that is, human souls.
Rev 18:14  "The fruit for which your soul longed has gone from you, and all your delicacies and your splendors are lost to you, never to be found again!"
Rev 18:15  The merchants of these wares, who gained wealth from her, will stand far off, in fear of her torment, weeping and mourning aloud,
Rev 18:16  "Alas, alas, for the great city that was clothed in fine linen, in purple and scarlet, adorned with gold, with jewels, and with pearls!
Rev 18:17  For in a single hour all this wealth has been laid waste." And all shipmasters and seafaring men, sailors and all whose trade is on the sea, stood far off
Rev 18:18  and cried out as they saw the smoke of her burning, "What city was like the great city?"
Rev 18:19  And they threw dust on their heads as they wept and mourned, crying out, "Alas, alas, for the great city where all who had ships at sea grew rich by her wealth! For in a single hour she has been laid waste.

Referring to the city . . . . I'm still leaning toward NYC.  A lot could change in a short period of time though.  Just have to wait and see.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Topic Count:  34
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  612
  • Content Per Day:  0.26

3 hours ago, Rick_Parker said:

Nope. Babylon is in Iraq. We are not that important. Plus, we will be destroyed from within.

Sorry but that Babylon doesn't come close to the scriptural description.

It will. SH was rebuilding it before we invaded, and it will be rebuilt. Take the Bible literally unless it is clearly allegorical. And the description does not read as allegorical.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  54
  • Content Count:  2,370
  • Content Per Day:  0.87

So, is this the same Babylon as in rev 17 or are they different.   Rev. 17 describes babylon as a woman, some say symbolic and she is also a mystery.  

rev.17

18 And the woman which thou sawest is that great city, which reigneth over the kings of the earth.

rev.18

For all nations have drunk of the wine of the wrath of her fornication, and the kings of the earth have committed fornication with her, and the merchants of the earth are waxed rich through the abundance of her delicacies.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  265
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,128
  • Content Per Day:  3.50
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

Just now, warrior12 said:

So, is this the same Babylon as in rev 17 or are they different.   Rev. 17 describes babylon as a woman, some say symbolic and she is also a mystery.  

rev.17

18 And the woman which thou sawest is that great city, which reigneth over the kings of the earth.

rev.18

For all nations have drunk of the wine of the wrath of her fornication, and the kings of the earth have committed fornication with her, and the merchants of the earth are waxed rich through the abundance of her delicacies.

Hi warrior,

I would say that the `woman` the religious part of the global government is IN the city, or OF the city, in our understanding. Remember the Political, economic and religious aspects of the global government will be all housed in that city of Babylon.

regards, Marilyn. 

• Group:  Non-Conformist Theology
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Content Count:  2,139
  • Content Per Day:  0.69
  • Days Won:  1

Babylon of the end times is confusion 

Revelation 18:4 "And I heard another voice from heaven, saying, Come out of her, my people, that ye be not partakers of her sins, and that ye receive not of her plagues."

The plagues will follow after this warning, and if you are with her, you will receive the plagues also, for God is warning you; and they will come.

Revelation 18:5 "For her sins have reached unto heaven, and God hath remembered her iniquities."

The tower of the sins in this end generation, will be worse that the tower of Babel of Genesis 11, and God is about to destroy her, not scatter it. The tower of Babel was built also to draw the entire world together in one mind. Through that ancient tower, man tried to reach God, and be as God was, they thought. Today the tower now forming called the city of Babel will also be of one mind, and the singleness of this one mind is bringing about confusion. The sins of the people, and their hardness of heart are reaching into heaven, and God will remember every last one of them.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  344
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,393
  • Content Per Day:  2.70
  • Days Won:  1

I'm still on the fence on mystery Babylon. Is it the actual city, symbolic, figurative of an economic system, religious system, commerce, all them? That's one of those questions biblical scholars and academics can never agree on.

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.41
  • Days Won:  20

4 minutes ago, Dennis1209 said:

That's one of those questions biblical scholars and academics can never agree on.

Look in the worthychristianlibrary.com for things Scriptural - it is tried, tested, proven and truth in and from Scripture.

When you find ekklesia and men of Yahweh devoted to Yahweh by faith in Jesus and abiding in Him and His Word abiding in them, Yahweh Willing,  they agree.

Also , there's no arguing there.  The forum is wide open to the whole world practically, thus to false teachings, and perhaps more than truth,  but the library is "secure" .... (still, always test everything) ....