• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  269
  • Content Per Day:  0.12
  • Days Won:  0

10 hours ago, dprprb said:

I think it was We chose evil according to the Scriptural account and THEN God chose the path of love in response.  I think in the area of where the left path and right path are merging the ability to see both causeways makes it easy to form false connections. But the ability to see that is wholly dependent on having eaten the forbidden fruit.

It's not so much that is was tasty fruit.  It was the act of disobedience that was the forbidden fruit. 
I doubt the Tree of Life had life-fruit on its branches. 

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,396
  • Content Per Day:  0.91
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  12/26/1963

13 hours ago, dprprb said:

You were the one that said 'unfordable' gap.

Yes, there is an Unfordable Gap between "Science" and geology (also: astronomy, astrophysics, cosmology, paleontology, anthropology, archaeology, evolutionary biology (lol), theoretical physics. 

Only an Act of God can cross such a thing.

Huh?

There's certain things God can't do:

1.   HE can't Lie.
2.  HE can't Learn.
3.  HE can't Break his Promises.

Are you saying HE could make geology (or any of the other Fairytale Masqueraders) a "Science"? 

So if my proposal is correct then an Act of God honors the YEC original position something I now also do despite years of OEC confusion and neglect.

1.  What is your Proposal...?

2.  What is the YEC original position...?

Now if we admit miracles (completely unexplained and untouched ) then what is wrong with my somewhat physics sounding narrative?

Say What?  Please 'unpack' this.

what do you find most objectional?

Incoherence.

Is it sitting with us OECer's in church? 

Not in the slightest.  However, if they stand up and start preaching 'The Pseudo-Scientific Narrative'... that's a whole other kettle of fish. 

regards

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  98
  • Content Per Day:  0.03

1 hour ago, Enoch2021 said:

Yes, there is an Unfordable Gap between "Science" and geology (also: astronomy, astrophysics, cosmology, paleontology, anthropology, archaeology, evolutionary biology (lol), theoretical physics. 

Huh?

There's certain things God can't do:

1.   HE can't Lie.
2.  HE can't Learn.
3.  HE can't Break his Promises.

Are you saying HE could make geology (or any of the other Fairytale Masqueraders) a "Science"? 

1.  What is your Proposal...?

2.  What is the YEC original position...?

Say What?  Please 'unpack' this.

Incoherence.

Not in the slightest.  However, if they stand up and start preaching 'The Pseudo-Scientific Narrative'... that's a whole other kettle of fish. 

regards

1. Geology- I will use what can be deduced from empirical crossections that are visible or possible to reconstruct from interpolated core drills around the globe.-physical  time is required not a resolution to whether something is science or not.

2. The unfordable Gap -I thought you meant- between the YEC literal and traditional understanding from Scripture (approx 4000BC) and the body of interpretations of OEC  Day AGE versions, Gap theory, and what you or anyone else deems as pseudoscientifc conclusions. (radiometric dating etc)- the difference necessary to have any reconcilition is time. We can have the same dreary converse and go our separate ways agreeing to disagree..it maintains the status quo and defeats forward progress. Point of a negotiation is lost on those who have adopted a position of no negotitation required. Yet there 'they' sit and if they dont make it to the other side then I have a task.

3. I dont think I can factor primes either. If I want an 'out' to honor God's words about nothing is impossible then I can think about what that might mean - Separate topic for another time is 2 things God wont do and that God cant learn is a good point and Id like to think further about that first.

My proposal is a different way to insert time into the narrative (such as a Day Age or Gap thoery is inclined to do) that does not violate Scripture and the traditional 4000BC style interpretation with 7 24 hr days of Creation. There are separate historical lines that part and reconverge with paradoxically observables that are not truth defeating.  In fact, parallel world interpretations of quantum mechanics(QM)  may provide a mechanical means for this - and yes I understand that it is assumed to be non interacting parallel worlds except that they do influence the outcome of an experiment. (which equals the double slit results) So they influence the outcome here in our observables right? Ive never seen you disagree with that. Now lets give it divine purpose if that can be coherent. Can it be done?

1 hour ago, dprprb said:

1. Geology- I will use what can be deduced from empirical crossections that are visible or possible to reconstruct from interpolated core drills around the globe.-physical  time is required not a resolution to whether something is science or not.

1.  Empirical means -- Observable, TESTABLE, Repeatable, and Falsifiable.  So "Empirical Cross-Sections" is Non-Sequitur.

2. "can be deduced" and "interpolated" = "Just-So" Stories.

3.  There is No "Globe".

4.  Time is NOT Physical, for goodness sakes.  To refute, please post the: Chemical Formula/Structure, Charge, Mass, Momentum, Spin, OR... Kcals/Joules/meV for "Time"...?

2. The unfordable Gap -I thought you meant- between the YEC literal and traditional understanding from Scripture (approx 4000BC) and the body of interpretations of OEC  Day AGE versions, Gap theory, and what you or anyone else deems as pseudoscientifc conclusions.

Huh??  You even said....: "because someone over reacts to my use of the word 'geology' anywhere near the word 'science'."

Then you said: "You were the one that said 'unfordable' gap."

Yes, that was the conversation we had where I Illustrated quite explicitly that there was an 'Unfordable Gap' between geology and "Science".  

This had nothing to do with YEC or it's comparison with anything else.

(radiometric dating etc)- the difference necessary to have any reconcilition is time.

Radiometric Dating is a Demonstrable Fairytale.

We can have the same dreary converse and go our separate ways agreeing to disagree.

Well this isn't a Subjective "Agree/Disagree" Topic.

I dont think I can factor primes either.

So what does this have to do with the price of frogs legs in china?

My proposal is a different way to insert time into the narrative (such as a Day Age or Gap thoery is inclined to do) that does not violate Scripture and the traditional 4000BC style interpretation with 7 24 hr days of Creation.

Why do you need to 'insert' time in, when it's the Conceptual Medium in which all events take place in this universe ?  It's tantamount to 'inserting' water in to study Snowflakes; You don't need to... it's a Contingent Necessity.

The 'Day Age' and 'Gap Theory' are feebly contrived Fairytales introduced to 'grease the skids'...laughingly attempt to reconcile the Mother Fairytale ... 'evolution' (Whatever that is??) with Scriptural Doctrines. 

There are separate historical lines that part and reconverge with paradoxically observables that are not truth defeating.

Only if you're on Shrooms.

In fact, parallel world interpretations of quantum mechanics(QM)

Ahhh, not a Friggin Chance!!  lol...

The Many Worlds/Multiverse was first CONJURED then published IN a Comic Book... All-Star Comics #3 in 1940 !!!

It's a Textbook Argument from Complete Ignorance (Fallacy) from the Black Lagoon and the most EGREGIOUS Violation of Occam's Razor ever CONJURED then Foisted --- on the generally incoherent and scientifically challenged public--- in the history of ground squirrel level reasoning...by introducing untold number of entities that can neither be confirmed or falsified!!

"One tiny atoms quantum behavior replicates the entire universe and defines each alternative by all the possible consequences of that behavior.  But at any moment within each human body, there on on the order of a billion times a billion times a billion atoms, each making quantum transitions.  In the many worlds interpretation of quantum mechanics, every human being, therefore, creates a billion times a billion times a billion alternative universes every second." 
Bernard Haisch (PhD Physics); The God Theory, p. 135.
A TEAR JERKIN BELLY LAUGHER !!!

Since the Majority of 'Scientists' --- (which they're not) have an "a priori" adherence to their fairytale religion "Philosophical Naturalism/Realism" aka: atheism... the Irrefutable Experimental Evidence in the Literal Thousands Without Exception --- of Quantum Mechanics (The most successful branch of Physics in History) stands in DIRECT CONTRADICTION to " IT ".

That puts them in a very Uncomfortable Position ("VISE like")...you can either RECKON with The Scientific Evidence and adjust your World-View accordingly OR....Close your eyes, put your fingers in your ears and Say La La La over and over and let Cognitive Dissonance Rule the Roost!! Since that playground nonsense is laughed at by anyone who can 'Fog A Mirror', they MUST THEN...

Float Mind-Numbing-- conjured from thin air, 'Interpretations'... Many Worlds ('Multiverses') :rolleyes: as a 'get of Incoherent Jail Free Card' to cloak their mind numbing adherence to Fairytales with the facade of 'science' (which are merely clumsily contrived "Just-So" Stories) to obfuscate having to give coherent account for their ludicrous Scientifically Falsified stance.  They're BUSTED, and they know it!!!

and yes I understand that it is assumed to be non interacting parallel worlds except that they do influence the outcome of an experiment. (which equals the double slit results)

24.gif  Really??  Well Please do, Show and Tell...?

You'd have better chances showing the 'influence' of Alexander The Greats Horse's Mane Color had on Aunt Jenny's late summer Tomato Haul in Tupelo Mississippi !!

So they influence the outcome here in our observables right?

No, 'they' are Fairytales

Ive never seen you disagree with that.

Can you show where I 'Agreed' with that Buffoonery?

Now lets give it divine purpose if that can be coherent.

You wanna give "Many World's" Divine Purpose? :huh: This is akin to giving Phlogiston and Alice in Wonderland "Divine Purpose". 

Can it be done?

Only with a heavy mix of LSD, Peyote, and Shrooms with a Grandpa's Cough Medicine kicker.

regards 

OK THANKS Enoch Most of what i said is a direct verbatim from "Fabric of Reality" by David Deutsch and not my own tab dropping. My take away from his work was that Many Worlds is an interpretation- just like the Copenhagen interpretation which is a representation -and conjectured from the basis of all paths taken by a photon which causes the cancellation in the double slit experiment from Feynman. Since it is an ad hoc device to explain results it is given no substantial basis just as virtual particle is virtually synonymous with real particle. 

I think that you see no point to doing anything with my narrative and no further conversation is necessary , but I was able to simplify what i was saying during our conversation so Thanks...

Ok so best and worst possible analogy......I had to share this because it is so ridiculous that Im shakin my head.

Im trying to wrap my head around the paths as two separate timelines come together. Its like being at Three Rivers Stadium in Pittsburgh- two rivers converge and become one (but water has volume that doubles the size of the result).  Riding a boat at the confluence is the confusion of what water came from which source. So thats one way to visualize it.

Here goes...the mindbending part is to follow Gods path as suggested down one source and back the other. We have to be careful going up or back the second derived path. The best analogy I thought was remember back in the 70s and 80s when we took apart cassette tapes and played them backwards by switching the direction? Thats the mindbending part that the information (God's forward dynamic contribution- reason and purpose) is written backwards on the flowing substrate. Of course the hilarious irony is that it was rumored that we would hear the satanic subliminal messages inherent in rock music. LOL but it turns out that that is the best analogy of Gods path with the stretchiness of iron oxide tape that ruins the information encoded on it. 

So Im not qualified to say technically what kind of transferrence of data points between paths might occur or whether a supercomputer could play the tape forward and account for the stretching (time) to replay it as Creation events but the Scriptural phrase destroy both them and the land implies to me that not a trace of the former Creation history from flood to Day 1 exists and that the recording tape has been erased leaving only the remnants that are conserved under the laws of physics. What that remnant becomes in its historical stretched setting would be a matter of indestructible nature of information.  I must investigate this 

Edited by dprprb
clarity

On 11/15/2017 at 8:37 PM, dprprb said:

I think it was We chose evil according to the Scriptural account and THEN God chose the path of love in response.  I think in the area of where the left path and right path are merging the ability to see both causeways makes it easy to form false connections.

One thing scripture is pretty clear about is that God has foreknowledge of the entire timeline of human existence. 

On 11/15/2017 at 9:05 AM, one.opinion said:

But there is nothing in Genesis that specifically addresses unusual properties of the water, itself.

Jesus walking on water
Water saving people from Hell
Water cleansing souls
Water parting
More

107 Bible verses about Water - Knowing Jesus
The Scriptural Use Of An Archetype: Water 
The Water Page - Water in the Bible
What did Jesus mean when He spoke of living water?
Science in the Bible: The Water Cycle -

In response to some of Enochs critique I would like to point out that Scripture is part of my set of assumptions(DUH!)  and within it several key events that should be part of anyones assumptions that comments here. 

1. The physics at the interior of the Tabernacle when God is 'in'

2. "The physics of" Gabriel meeting with Mary to discuss her pregnancy

3. "       "God walking with Adam

4. "   " Chariots coming down picking up prophets and carrying them wholesale to heaven.

5. "     "Jesus returning to heaven

6. "    "a triangle shaped door opens between the sky and heaven

7. "    "Jacobs ladder

8. "   "Jesus ascends to heaven

9. "   "bottomless pit opens

So at least 9 accounts from Scripture indicate that heavenly connections between separate timelines converge and diverge between at least two of the 3 mentioned 'existence places' Heaven, Hell, and Earth.

Therefore it is not a hand wave dismissal that the mechanics Im suggesting doesnt exist and cant be described.  Now someone's paradigm can be insulted and they react in a protectorate manner to try and say apple physics here and miracle oranges there. But the entrance and exit of entities and visible structures to interact with and lack of explosions and antimatter collisions in Scripture appear to indicate that physics is at least resonant enough to sustain the Scriptural account (also obvious). In those 9 occurences it is piecewise and local - the Flood account would be an example of "wholesale coverage". Those 9 occurences where  'conscious' timelines (to indicate Im using narrative 'timeline' description not physicists) exist for angels and God and human flesh are like wormhole structures. Therefore I dont think my conjecture is out of order.

14 hours ago, dprprb said:

OK THANKS Enoch

You're welcome.

Most of what i said is a direct verbatim from "Fabric of Reality" by David Deutsch

Well then call/email/carrier pigeon 'David Deutsch' and tell him to fix his trainwreck.

In the future, should we contact David Deutsch to ascertain what YOU believe??

and not my own tab dropping.

What does this mean?

My take away from his work was that Many Worlds is an interpretation- just like the Copenhagen interpretation which is a representation -and conjectured from the basis of all paths taken by a photon which causes the cancellation in the double slit experiment from Feynman.

Well his "Take" and your "Take" are conjured fairytales as I explicitly explained and illustrated.

in the double slit experiment from Feynman.

The Double Slit Experiment was done long before Richard Feynman popped on the scene.

Since it is an ad hoc device to explain results it is given no substantial basis

I Rest My Case.

just as virtual particle is virtually synonymous with real particle. 

There's no such thing as a Virtual Particle; it's Oxy-Moronical on it's face.  Married Bachelors are more coherent.

I think that you see no point to doing anything with my narrative

Other than laugh at it, No ...since I already PUMMELED it.

and no further conversation is necessary

Then why are you still attempting to resurrect it?

In response to some of Enochs critique I would like to point out that Scripture is part of my set of assumptions

Can I be brutally honest?  What on Earth are you TALKING ABOUT !!! :groan:

Are you reading a different thread then commenting here?

regards