IGNORED

Why so much Hate between the Churches/Religions that follow Christ?

notsolostsoul

Guest shiloh357
1 hour ago, inchrist said:

Because I have patience it wont take him long to accuse another to be a false teacher and many more....ill build it up for you

Just one lie after another coming from you. 

Thats because youre a dispensationalist.....why would we ever agree?

But lets not pretend about the click of yours

It's spelled "cliche" and there is no such thing, going on here.   Just a group of real Christians who have enough discernment to recognize false, unChristian doctrine being sown by tares, false believers, deceivers, who have tried to infiltrate the body of Christ.

Guest shiloh357
2 minutes ago, inchrist said:

not answering my question.....how do you know whats in a catholics heart in order to make it an idol?

or would you like a biblical definition on idol worship?

Anytime you bow to statue and pray to it you're worshiping it. 

Sorry im allergic to pagan doctrines

Claiming that Jesus is not God and making Him a mere man as you have done many times on this board,is a pagan doctrine, and sine you are putting faith in a fake Jesus you have erected in your imagination, you are worshiping an idol.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  38
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  419
  • Content Per Day:  0.16
  • Days Won:  0

2 hours ago, simplejeff said:

catholics are taught by catholic doctrines, practices, and heretics what they must do to be catholic.

Wouldn't this be equivalent to those who say you must do this, this and this to be saved or to even fellowship with.

I have gotten this treatment from both Catholic churches and Protestant Churches. Well members of those churches while attending their church.

• Thumbs Up 1

Guest shiloh357
24 minutes ago, inchrist said:

No...its when people begin to adore a statue as a god then its called worship

Just like when people startes to worship the bronze serpent as a snake-god (whom they named "Nehushtan"), the righteous king Hezekiah had it destroyed (2 Kgs. 18:4). 

Bowing and praying to anything, asking it for help or whatever, other than God is idol worship.

It's spelt "sign" .....no its simply a sensitivity i have to paganism and the way Ive choosen to follow and worship Christ in his humanity.....

You're rejection of Jesus' deity means you're worshiping a mere man.  It means you're worshiping a creature rather than the Creator.   That's pagan, that's idol worshiper.

The trinity doctrine nor your made up legalism changes the fact ive accepted Christ dying on the cross as my lord and saviour.....

No, you have not accepted the true Gospel and your doctrine will only take people to Hell.   Jesus as both man and God is the Savior, not the Jesus that exists in your imaginatio.

Let me be blunt... even if Im wrong on the trinity doctrine, i would never accept it from you.

Doesn't matter who you receive it from.   The deity of Jesus is part of the true Gospel that you have rejected.

Guest shiloh357
3 minutes ago, inchrist said:

Again treating an idol as God is idol worship....How do you not grasp this?

I do grasp it.  Praying to dead saints, asking them for help is idol worship. They seek from their idols that which they should only seek from God and by bowing down to idols they are making them gods.  Anyone with any commonsense can see that.

When catholics bow or pray in front of a religious statue, are they treating that statue as a god or does using biblical imagies hinder their righteous work with God?

Yes, they are treating them as a god.  That precludes their work from being righteous.  

Did the israelites who came to the bronzed serpent on a stick hinder their walk with God?....or was it the actual act of treating the bronzed serpent on a stick as god the problem?

That is not the same thing as what Catholics do with their gods/idols. 

I dont reject Christ deity, this has been a continual false charge you falsely applying to me, where Ive told you over and over i dont reject Christ deity, that ive gotten to a point im tired of repeating myself.

No, you have openly and categorically denied that Jesus is God on many, many occasions.  To say otherwise is a lie.

Trinity to salvation is just as bad as works to salvation....you are creating continually your own set of legalism.

The doctrine of the Trinty is biblical doctrine to anyone except idol worshipers who deny Jesus' deity.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  38
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  419
  • Content Per Day:  0.16
  • Days Won:  0

26 minutes ago, inchrist said:

I dont reject Christ deity, this has been a continual false charge

This is a false charge to you and Catholic followers. Rejection of Christ diety is not a Catholic practice.

26 minutes ago, inchrist said:

Trinity to salvation is just as bad as works to salvation....

Trinity to salvation would be (and this is just MY example).

God is salvation, Jesus is the key and way to salvation (God), Holy Spirit is the guidance needed to understand Jesus and scripture properly in order to reach salvation (God). All three are from and are of God. So really One in the same (God).

As I said this is MY example. I'm sure others will disagree.

Works for salvation. Well you have many on this thread and in this forum that do works, but lack The Spirit to see their works are in vain. Empty words not of God but of doctrine. (Lip service)

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  9,605
  • Content Per Day:  3.97
  • Days Won:  21

2 hours ago, notsolostsoul said:

I have gotten this treatment from both Catholic churches and Protestant Churches. Well members of those churches while attending their church.

Yes. And some BOW to the mere words in their Bibles without the SPIRIT to enliven them.
On occasion, there is nothing quite so viscous as a 'reformed sinner' handing out indictments. 

Many will put you to death over mere words that they treat as IDOLS.
No doubt there will be 'translation wars' and 'version pogroms'.

As James said; Jude 1:12

“These are spots in your feasts of charity, when they feast with you, feeding themselves without fear: clouds they are without water, carried about of winds; trees whose fruit withereth, without fruit, twice dead, plucked up by the roots;” 

They think highly of themselves because they can quote Truth. However, the Love and Truth of Yahweh is not in them because they have rejected His Spirit. The Spirit of Love, Creation and Truth.

For I say, through the grace given unto me, to every man that is among you, not to think of himself more highly than he ought to think; but to think soberly, according as God hath dealt to every man the measure of faith.

And though I have the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries, and all knowledge; and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, and have not charity, I am nothing.
And though I bestow all my goods to feed the poor, and though I give my body to be burned, and have not charity, it profiteth me nothing.
Charity suffereth long, and is kind; charity envieth not;
charity vaunteth not itself, is not puffed up,
Doth not behave itself unseemly, seeketh not her own, is not easily provoked, thinketh no evil;

Rejoiceth not in iniquity, but rejoiceth in the truth;
Beareth all things, believeth all things, hopeth all things, endureth all things.
Charity never faileth: but whether there be prophecies,
they shall fail; whether there be tongues, they shall cease; whether there be knowledge, it shall vanish away.
For we know in part, and we prophesy in part.
But when that which is perfect is come, then that which is in part shall be done away.
When I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child: but when I became a man, I put away childish things.
For now we see through a glass, darkly; but then face to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known.
And now abideth faith, hope, charity, these three; but the greatest of these is charity.

• Praise God! 1

On ‎11‎/‎9‎/‎2017 at 4:16 AM, notsolostsoul said:

Most Christ based Churches believe in the 2 Great Commandments.

So why so much HATE?

All claim the first to be true in their faith.

Matthew 22:37-38 (KJV)

37 Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind.

38 This is the first and great commandment.

Many fail on the second.

Matthew 22: 39-40

39 And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.

40 On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets.

If we truly hold the first in our hearts and belief, we should be able to do the second.

John 14:15King James Version (KJV)

15 If ye love me, keep my commandments.

Instead we mistreat each other by down playing others faith. Calling eachother cults and bickering over issues of Man's written laws and traditions.

Didn't Jesus say:

Mark 7:9 (NKJV)

9 He said to them, “All too well you reject the commandment of God, that you may keep your tradition.

Most of Christ based religions follow Christ and hold him as a teacher. Yet they dismiss his teachings.

By not obeying the second, we can't say we hold to the first. We are hipocrites. We speak as if we are believers but do not keep to our words.

Matthew 15:9King James Version (KJV)

9 But in vain they do worship me, teaching for doctrines the commandments of men.

The small differences are not more important than the 2 Great Commandments. Yet we allow them to cause us to sin, cause conflict and spread confusion.

Does this help God or harm him?

Why so much HATE?

I don't think the Lord wants us to fight over his Word.  I have been trying to avoid such debates for that reason, although I found myself in a thread where it became a debate over portions of the Bible.  The Spirit is willing, but the flesh is weak.  I don't wish to get into a battle over specific scriptures here, but I do think I can answer your question.  

While all of the church that I know of does believe in the 2 great commandments, we don't all see the meaning of those two commandments the same.  Some think that love just means a feeling of devotion towards one another and nothing more.  On the other hand, many believe, including me, that what Jesus meant when he said that was all the other laws are fulfilled if we keep those two.  If we love God, we won't violate his standard of holiness, and if we love our neighbor, we won't transgress against other people, thus the laws of God are fulfilled.  

Why do we call some groups cults?  The word cult is so vague by definition, nearly anyone can be considered a cult by another group.  When I think of a cult, I think of a church where they reject the deity of Christ.  Others expand on that to include anyone controlling.  Some expand it further based on having a leader that people give strong allegiance to.  Others do so based on theological errors.  One group calls another a cult because they don't agree with them.  

Man's written laws and traditions?  Some people call it a man made tradition when they make an application to scripture.  The scripture will say something is wrong, and that church or individual will look at something taking place today and see it as a violation of a command of God and say so.  That will lead to a disagreement, where one person will claim the other is pushing man-made laws, when all they are doing is making application.  To give you an example, we are told not to forsake the assembling of ourselves.  Some make the application this means we must attend church every time there is a service.  It is not so much a man-made law or tradition as much as it is how they apply something in scripture.  Those kind of disagreements will always exist, and they don't see things like that as small disagreements.  They are important to that person.  

Why the fighting?  Some do it because they genuinely know in their heart another person is promoting a lie, and they are fighting to defend the truth.  Others do it because it becomes a kind of game.  They enjoy debating.  When it becomes a game, we all desire to win, so we fight tooth and toenail to get a victory over our opponent.  That is what I felt convicted about.  I am competitive, and want to win, but God's Word is not to be used like a football.  Truth should be our main concern, and even when I would only speak what I believed to be true in a debate, I would find others would willfully pervert and lie about the Biblical text, just to win an argument.  Truth didn't matter as much as coming across as the smartest person, and I felt like the Lord didn't want me spending my time in those kind of fights.  I will still do that in politics, and will fight to win a game, but I am trying to avoid knock down drag out fights to the death over doctrine.  The Bible is sacred.  

Another thing I have observed is a desire to conquer.  You want everyone on your side, thinking like you.  As such, you must destroy every point of view at conflict with yours.  When I was Pastor of a church, people would come in there to conquer it.  They didn't like things I was teaching, so they would come in there to oppose me, and try to change my church to be like all the others that were already conquered.  I could give examples, but that would derail the thread and start fights, so I won't.   People have been desiring peace on earth and good will towards men as long as I can remember, but that won't be achieved till Christ returns.  

1 hour ago, Davida said:

Obviously, quite the opposite -you worship at the idol of Mary & have an irreverent attitude that is in defiance towards true biblical Christianity.  

I could be wrong, and if I am, he can correct me, but I believe that the person you are talking to rejects the deity of Christ.  In the past, he rejected the idea that Jesus is God.  To me, that is an even greater error than what the Catholic Church promotes.  It is my opinion that one isn't saved unless they believe Jesus is God, so I do consider a person in that camp to be an unbeliever, and no different than those who thought of Jesus as nothing more than a prophet or inspired teacher.  It shouldn't be surprising that such a person would defend the Catholic Church, because they are labeled as being cultish.  

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  20

A lot of people are allergic to alcoholic beverages,  and crave them and drink them every day - even though it destroys their health.

Even more common,  like catholicism, a lot of people are allergic to sugar (white, refined) , and crave it, are addicted to it, and take it often - even though it destroys their mental health as well as their physical health.....

So being allergic to pagan doctrines as a diagnosis of ill health....  very very common,  and they crave pagan doctrines (catholicism most of all) .... even though it killed their soul....  and destroys their life....