IGNORED

Why so much Hate between the Churches/Religions that follow Christ?

notsolostsoul

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  701
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,511
  • Content Per Day:  1.35
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/18/1955

3 minutes ago, shiloh357 said:

No, Trump has not been dishonest at all....

... because Trump's "truthful hyperbole" is just like Gospel to the faithful.

• Haha 1

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  208
  • Topic Count:  60
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  8,651
  • Content Per Day:  1.18
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  03/04/1943

On 11/9/2017 at 5:46 AM, notsolostsoul said:

Bickering, mistreatment, unkind words, belittling, thinking they are more right/righteous than another....
and self righteousness, are not things I think Jesus was teaching....

These things will lead to a path of sin upon themselves....
or by putting stumbling blocks in others path....

I'm saying the differences are small. Let them be....
Just keep God's Law above all else....

On 11/9/2017 at 5:48 AM, shiloh357 said:

No....
the differences are not small....

:emot-heartbeat:

The

As Jesus was saying these things, a woman in the crowd called out, "Blessed is the mother who gave you birth and nursed you." Luke 11:27 (New International Version)

Master Speaks

But he said: Yea rather, blessed are they who hear the word of God, and keep it. Luke 11:28 (Douay-Rheims Bible)

~

Be Blessed Beloved Of The KING

The LORD bless thee, and keep thee:
The LORD make his face shine upon thee, and be gracious unto thee:
The LORD lift up his countenance upon thee, and give thee peace.

And they shall put my name upon the children of Israel; and I will bless them. Numbers 6:24-27 (King James Bible)

Love, Your Brother Joe

~

Thy word is true from the beginning: and every one of thy righteous judgments endureth for ever. Psalms 119:160 (King James Bible)

The Bible contains the mind of God, the state of man, the way of salvation, the doom of sinners, and the happiness of believers. Its doctrines are holy, its precepts are binding, its histories are true, and its decisions are immutable.

Read it to be wise, believe it to be safe, and practice it to be holy. It contains light to direct you, food to support you, and comfort to cheer you.

It is the traveler’s map, the pilgrim’s staff, the pilot’s compass, the soldier’s sword and the Christian’s charter. Here too, Heaven is opened and the gates of Hell disclosed.

Christ is its grand subject, our good its design, and the glory of God its end. It should fill the memory, rule the heart and guide the feet. Read it slowly, frequently and prayerfully.  It is a mine of wealth, a paradise of glory, and a river of pleasure.

It is given you in life, will be opened at the judgment, and be remembered forever. It involves the highest responsibility, rewards the greatest labor, and will condemn all who trifle with its sacred contents.

From The Inside Of My Gideon New Testament

Guest shiloh357
Just now, OldSchool2 said:

So we moderns are not better off with contemporary English and need to read the Bible in Elizabethan English?

"... Why was the Elizabethan Language and Vocabulary different to many of the words in the modern English language that we use today? Why were words spelt differently in the Elizabethan language? Why does the language in Elizabethan manuscripts seem so difficult to interpret and translate? There are many reasons why we have problems interpreting and translating the Elizabethan language. It is little wonder that we need an Elizabethan language guide to assist with Elizabethan Language translations!"

http://www.elizabethan-era.org.uk/elizabethan-language.htm

It isn't about the kind of English, but the doctrines that are preserved in the KJV that are not preserved in the modern English versions.  Modern versions even leave out verses that are supposed to be in the Bible.  I gave you a list of those verses, previously.

Here is an example of what I mean:

For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God.
(1Co 1:18) KJV

For the message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God. (I Cor. 1:18) NIV

So the KJV tells us that for us who are saved the preaching of the cross is the power of God.

But the NIV says we are being saved.   So are we saved right now, or are we still in the process of being saved?   Those are two very radically different views on salvation that are irreconcilable.  One holds salvation as finished thus guaranteed, but other has salvation as something that is still process and thus, cannot be guaranteed yet.

Adding or taking away just one word can change the entire doctrine of passage or verse.    So it is not about Elizabethan vs. modern English verbiage.   It is about doctrinal integrity.

10 minutes ago, shiloh357 said:

It isn't about the kind of English, but the doctrines that are preserved in the KJV that are not preserved in the modern English versions.  Modern versions even leave out verses that are supposed to be in the Bible.  I gave you a list of those verses, previously.

Here is an example of what I mean:

For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God.
(1Co 1:18) KJV

For the message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God. (I Cor. 1:18) NIV

So the KJV tells us that for us who are saved the preaching of the cross is the power of God.

But the NIV says we are being saved.   So are we saved right now, or are we still in the process of being saved?   Those are two very radically different views on salvation that are irreconcilable.  One holds salvation as finished thus guaranteed, but other has salvation as something that is still process and thus, cannot be guaranteed yet.

Adding or taking away just one word can change the entire doctrine of passage or verse.    So it is not about Elizabethan vs. modern English verbiage.   It is about doctrinal integrity.

Try it in the Amplified Bible.

1 Corinthians 1:18 (AMP)

The Wisdom of God

18 For the message of the cross is foolishness [absurd and illogical] to those who are perishing and spiritually dead [because they reject it], but to us who are being saved [by God’s grace] it is [the manifestation of] the power of God.

It's a question of how, not when.

Guest shiloh357
14 minutes ago, OldSchool2 said:

Try it in the Amplified Bible.

1 Corinthians 1:18 (AMP)

The Wisdom of God

18 For the message of the cross is foolishness [absurd and illogical] to those who are perishing and spiritually dead [because they reject it], but to us who are being saved [by God’s grace] it is [the manifestation of] the power of God.

It's a question of how, not when.

Not so.  It is definitely a question of when.  The rest of the Bible makes it a question of when as well.

Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life.
(Joh 5:24)

And this is the record, that God hath given to us eternal life, and this life is in his Son. He that hath the Son hath life; and he that hath not the Son of God hath not life. These things have I written unto you that believe on the name of the Son of God; that ye may know that ye have eternal life, and that ye may believe on the name of the Son of God.
(1Jn 5:11-13)

Those passages tell me that I can know I am saved right now.  Both of those passages put salvation in the present tense, as a present tense, right-now reality.   I can know that I am saved.   They do not say that I am being saved, but that I am saved right this minute.

If you understood the doctrine of salvation  (and you don't) you would know how important it is that we know we are saved.

The RCC says we cannot know in this life if we are really saved or not.   The Word of God says the opposite.

The doctrine of the Trinity is another doctrine preserved in the KJV, but not in the modern translations.

1 hour ago, shiloh357 said:

Not so.  It is definitely a question of when.  The rest of the Bible makes it a question of when as well.

Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life.
(Joh 5:24)

And this is the record, that God hath given to us eternal life, and this life is in his Son. He that hath the Son hath life; and he that hath not the Son of God hath not life. These things have I written unto you that believe on the name of the Son of God; that ye may know that ye have eternal life, and that ye may believe on the name of the Son of God.
(1Jn 5:11-13)

Those passages tell me that I can know I am saved right now.  Both of those passages put salvation in the present tense, as a present tense, right-now reality.   I can know that I am saved.   They do not say that I am being saved, but that I am saved right this minute....

The passage is that you are being saved now (this minute), which agrees with the grammar for those "being destroyed."

"The word 'being' is serving as what's called a present participle ... helping to create a form of the verb called the present continuous tense." This tense is used to denote actions both happening now and in the future.

"Modern American English relies heavily on present continuous tense verb forms instead of the more mundane present tense. In fact, the simple present tense is only regularly used in one way - to reflect an ongoing, regular activity."

But by majoring on a minor grammar issue you miss the main message, i.e., "Christ didn’t send me to baptize but to preach the good news."

"... My brothers and sisters, Chloe’s people gave me some information about you, that you’re fighting with each other. 12 What I mean is this: that each one of you says, 'I belong to Paul,' 'I belong to Apollos,' 'I belong to Cephas,' 'I belong to Christ.' 13 Has Christ been divided? Was Paul crucified for you, or were you baptized in Paul’s name? 14 Thank God that I didn’t baptize any of you, except Crispus and Gaius, 15 so that nobody can say that you were baptized in my name! 16 Oh, I baptized the house of Stephanas too. Otherwise, I don’t know if I baptized anyone else. 17 Christ didn’t send me to baptize but to preach the good news. And Christ didn’t send me to preach the good news with clever words so that Christ’s cross won’t be emptied of its meaning. 18 The message of the cross is foolishness to those who are being destroyed. But it is the power of God for those of us who are being saved. 19 It is written in scripture: I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and I will reject the intelligence of the intelligent.[a] 20 Where are the wise? Where are the legal experts? Where are today’s debaters? Hasn’t God made the wisdom of the world foolish? 21 In God’s wisdom, he determined that the world wouldn’t come to know him through its wisdom. Instead, God was pleased to save those who believe through the foolishness of preaching. 22 Jews ask for signs, and Greeks look for wisdom, 23 but we preach Christ crucified, which is a scandal to Jews and foolishness to Gentiles."

Guest shiloh357
15 minutes ago, OldSchool2 said:

The passage is that you are being saved now (this minute), which agrees with the grammar for those "being destroyed."

But we are not being saved this minute.   We are already saved (those of us who are born again).   It is not something that is in process this minute.  It is something that is done and is a present possession.  We are saved fully and completely right now.

"The word 'being' is serving as what's called a present participle ... helping to create a form of the verb called the present continuous tense." This tense is used to denote actions both happening now and in the future.

"Modern American English relies heavily on present continuous tense verb forms instead of the more mundane present tense. In fact, the simple present tense is only regularly used in one way - to reflect an ongoing, regular activity."

But by majoring on a minor grammar issue you miss the main message, i.e., "Christ didn’t send me to baptize but to preach the good news."

The problem is that the Greek doesn't reflect a process of being saved in I Cor. 1:18.  It reflects the reality of people who are presently saved and kept by Him.  This is not about modern English; it is about the Greek language and proper translation of it.

It is not a minor grammar issue.   It changes the doctrine of salvation radically from being a process that one has to wait until death to know if one is saved, versus having a present, right-now, full assurance of faith that I am saved today, this very minute.   We have a know-so salvation, not a hope-so salvation.

2 hours ago, OldSchool2 said:

Those who think they are saved by grace but kept by their own works clearly demonstrate that they don't understand Romans, a book that is understandable in a modern English translation.

And your church doesn't teach works?  1.  If a person in the RCC is denied communion, will that keep them out of heaven?  2.  If you violate one of the seven deadly sins recognized by the RCC, and never confess it, will that keep you out of heaven?  

But your presence here and in other threads demonstrates that you actually haven't tried at all.

No it doesn't.  People try and fail all the time.  If it is in your nature to have a temper, you can fight to avoid becoming angry and fail from time to time.  If it is in your nature to drink, you can fight to avoid alcohol but fail from time to time.  I could give many such examples.  This thread isn't really even about a particular doctrine.  It is a question about why there is such hate between different religions, so it is just about opinions.  What I am trying to avoid is a bunch of fights over doctrinal matters.  Even in the other thread, my reason for getting involved was to defend God's Word, not a specific doctrine.  I didn't expect things to go in the direction they did.  

So we moderns are not better off with contemporary English and need to read the Bible in Elizabethan English?

"... Why was the Elizabethan Language and Vocabulary different to many of the words in the modern English language that we use today? Why were words spelt differently in the Elizabethan language? Why does the language in Elizabethan manuscripts seem so difficult to interpret and translate? There are many reasons why we have problems interpreting and translating the Elizabethan language. It is little wonder that we need an Elizabethan language guide to assist with Elizabethan Language translations!"

http://www.elizabethan-era.org.uk/elizabethan-language.htm

I have known a person accused of being a simpleton that could understand the Authorized KJV Bible while still in High School with no problem.  That same person was able to pick up a 1611 KJV Bible and read it cover to cover with no problem.  I wonder why seemingly intelligent people have so much trouble reading and comprehending something so easy to understand.