IGNORED

Why so much Hate between the Churches/Religions that follow Christ?

notsolostsoul

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.40
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

1 minute ago, Butero said:

I am cautious about everything, but in all fairness to Trump, he has become less tolerant, not more.  He put in place a ban against transgender people serving in the military.  He has been strongly pro-life, much more so than I expected.  He has moved further right.  Of course, I look at actions, so if he were to turn and go in the opposite direction, he would lose my support.  I was nervous about him going into the election, but I was a never Hillary voter.  He has been a pleasant surprise.  

We should never have blind trust.  I agree with you about that.  

OH   , I do agree he has done some good things.   no doubt on that .    But let us keep on guard is all I say.  and it seems you know this already anyway . 

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  701
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,511
  • Content Per Day:  1.35
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/18/1955

4 hours ago, Butero said:

And your church doesn't teach works?....

What does James say about "works"?

• Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.41
  • Days Won:  20

Don't trust the works of the devil.

Jesus came to destroy the works of the devil.

The works of the devil does NOT work the Righteousness of Yahweh.

Rome's religion is the works of the devil.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, frienduff thaylorde said:

To let you know some of us actually care about your soul....

Then why didn't you just send me a PM instead of making such a show of it?

1 hour ago, Davida said:

When I hear falsehoods concerning the Bible uttered , I must respond, because once I too was deceived.  I do not want others to be lost in any corrupted Christian counterfeit. The RCC is a deceiving spiritual stronghold that has entrapped too many. I was raised in an Anglican Church....

And so was C.S. Lewis, the foremost Christian apologist of the 20th Century.

4 hours ago, shiloh357 said:

The problem is that the Greek doesn't reflect a process of being saved in I Cor. 1:18.  It reflects the reality of people who are presently saved and kept by Him.  This is not about modern English; it is about the Greek language and proper translation of it.

It is not a minor grammar issue.   It changes the doctrine of salvation radically from being a process that one has to wait until death to know if one is saved....

It does no such thing.

"Modern American English relies heavily on present continuous tense verb forms instead of the more mundane present tense. In fact, the simple present tense is only regularly used in one way - to reflect an ongoing, regular activity."

And make no mistake, this is about modern English, a language you are now reading.

4 hours ago, Butero said:

No it doesn't.  People try and fail all the time.  If it is in your nature to have a temper, you can fight to avoid becoming angry and fail from time to time.  If it is in your nature to drink, you can fight to avoid alcohol but fail from time to time.  I could give many such examples.  This thread isn't really even about a particular doctrine.  It is a question about why there is such hate between different religions....

... and for anyone with eyes to see that reason has been all too obvious on Worthy forums.

• Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.41
  • Days Won:  20

2 minutes ago, OldSchool2 said:

... and for anyone with eyes to see that reason has been all too obvious on Worthy forums.

All the believers with eyes open are praying for everyone visiting and everyone posting that their eyes may be opened and be free from the false gospel of the rcc.    The false gospel hates the truth,  the truth hates the false gospel.  This is necessary.  This is as it is written in GOD'S WORD, ALL SCRIPTURE.

17 minutes ago, OldSchool2 said:

Then why didn't you just send me a PM instead of making such a show of it?

When sin is in the open,  or in secret,  especially a false gospel, it is to be exposed, not hidden. 

"

About 4,000,000 results

Ephesians 5:12 It is shameful even to mention what the disobedient ...

biblehub.com/ephesians/5-12.htm - Cached - Similar
For it is shameful even to speak of the things that they do in secret. ... 13But everything exposed by the light becomes visible, for everything that is illuminated  ...

Luke 8:17 For there is nothing hidden that will not be disclosed, and ...

biblehub.com/luke/8-17.htm - Cached - Similar
For nothing is hidden that will not be made manifest, nor is anything secret that will not be ... There is nothing kept secret that will not come to light. .... if the same thing that is a parable to others, with which they are only amused, is a plain ... We ought to take heed of the things that will hinder our profiting by the word we hear;  ...

Matthew 6:4 so that your giving may be in secret. Then your Father ...

biblehub.com/matthew/6-4.htm - Cached - Similar
Then your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you. ... For they love to pray standing in the synagogues and on the street corners to be .... before angels and men, when all secret things shall be brought to light, and ... When we take least notice of our good deeds ourselves, God takes most notice of them.

1 Corinthians 4:5 Therefore judge nothing before the appointed time ...

biblehub.com/1_corinthians/4-5.htm - Cached - Similar
For he will bring our darkest secrets to light and will reveal our private motives. .... "For My eyes are on all their ways; they are not hidden from My face, nor is ...

Bring To The Light That Which Is In Darkness - Ephesians 5:11-14

https://unveiledwife.com/devotional-bring-to-the-light-that-which-is-in-darkness/ - Cached - Similar
Apr 14, 2011 ...Do not participate in the unfruitful deeds of darkness, but instead even expose ... it is disgraceful even to speak of the things which are done by them in secret. But all things become visible when they are exposed by the light, ...

Should we refuse to talk about the sins that are done in secret ...

www.heresthejoy.com/2013/09/what-about-ephesians-512/ - Cached - Similar
Sep 19, 2013 ... The things that they do in secret are shameful even to mention. ... Then in verse 13 he goes on to say that light—the light of truth, the light of Christ—will ... like this : “Take no part in the spiritually unprofitable works of darkness, ...
  • Huh?  I don't get it. 1

31 minutes ago, OldSchool2 said:

What does James say about "works"?

I was responding to a comment you made.  You said, "Those who think they are saved by grace but kept by works clearly demonstrate that they don't understand Romans, a book that is understandable in a modern English translation."  I know full well what James says.  You are the one that seems to be confused.  First you make this comment, and then you turn around and reference James that says that faith without works is dead.  Does Romans support works to remain saved or doesn't it?  

12 minutes ago, OldSchool2 said:

I listed many reasons for that in my initial response to the OP.