• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  479
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Days Won:  0

42 minutes ago, simplejeff said:

That's one sure 'sign' declared by Yahweh that accompanies someone who is His - no fear.  This is even a testimony to the enemies who are watching , that someone belongs to Jesus - no fear in them.

Thus with many more signs and evidence in their lives in the New Testament,  their enemies DID NOT ASK THEM IF THEY WERE SAVED.

They already knew by observation of their lives - completely changed lives unlike any other ..... the testimony all through Scripture,  especially (for now) in all the New Testament....

The circumstance was hypothetical. The point of the question is, what your response would be. Whether a believer or non-believer asks, doesn't matter.

But like Jesus says, not everyone who calls his name will be saved. We expect those who do wonderful works and cast out demons, to certainly enter heaven. Especially those Christians who rely on works. 

But, the outward actions don't always necessitate salvation. 

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  977
  • Content Per Day:  0.21

I have no confidence in myself. Therefore, to declare "I am saved" has within a strong caveat, KJV Hebrews 3
6  if I hold fast the confidence and the rejoicing of the hope firm unto the end.

I am now saved because at this point in time my confidence is in Christ that He will accomplish in me all He has promised, and even above and beyond all that I could ask or think, according to the power that works in me. By His grace and mercy I will hold on to Him till the end.

• Thumbs Up 1

Guest shiloh357
6 hours ago, AscendedMasters333 said:

What's your story? If an unbeliever asked how you know you're saved. What would you say? More than just saying, "because I believe". Go deeper than that.

I obeyed the Gospel and accepted Jesus as my personal Lord and Savior and the Holy Spirit lives within me and witnesses to my spirit that I  am saved.

I know I am saved because of finished work of Jesus on the cross, the eternal record of Scripture that says I am saved based upon faith in Jesus alone, and I have the abiding indwelling of the Holy Spirit.

Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life.
(Joh 5:24)

And this is the record, that God hath given to us eternal life, and this life is in his Son. He that hath the Son hath life; and he that hath not the Son of God hath not life. These things have I written unto you that believe on the name of the Son of God; that ye may know that ye have eternal life, and that ye may believe on the name of the Son of God.
(1Jn 5:11-13)

These two passages tell me that I can know I am saved.  Both passages tell me that eternal life is a present-tense, right- this-very-minute, possession.

18 hours ago, AscendedMasters333 said:

If you never question if you're saved, then you walk a thin line. Many believe they're saved and never question it. Some of them, or most, aren't truly saved. In fact, hate when asked if they're saved. Not a good sign. 

That is so not true. Knowing you are saved comes through faith, knowing that what Christ said about Himself is true, and what GOD Himself said about His Son is True. I know I am saved because of how my life has changed after I confessed and repented, accepting Christ as my Lord and Savior. I never question it; I never worry about it. And I feel sorry for those who, if they live for Christ, and Christ lives through them, worry and fret about their salvation. Not a very good way to walk with Christ, if you ask me. Now those who live worldly lives, picking and choosing which parts of Scripture to follow or are "relevant," those are the ones who should worry about being saved.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  18
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

One must first ask, what are we being saved from?

According to scripture we are saved from the penalty of sin. That is why Jesus died on the cross to redeem those who were condemned. Romans 3:23 tells me I am a sinner and Romans 6:23 says that the wages of sin is death. This death is eternal separation from God. My sins "earn" this death. So therefore, I need to be saved from this death. We all know John 3:16. "For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish, but have eternal life."  God saw our plight that we needed to be saved so in His love He sent His Son so that whoever "believes" will have eternal life. This is being saved.

We are to believe in His Son Jesus that He is the Savior sent to save us from our sins. This belief is faith. It is putting your complete trust in what God has done through Jesus to give us eternal life. My favorite verse that confirms this is 1 John 5:11-13 that states: "And the testimony is this, that God has given us eternal life, and this life is in His Son. He who has the Son has the life; he who does not have the Son of God does not have the life. These things I have written to you who believe in the name of the Son of God, so that you may know that you have eternal life."

There are so many scriptures that confirm and teach that our salvation is found only in Jesus - there is no other way. I cannot save myself and neither do my good works save me (Eph. 2:8-9). It is only through Jesus, Jesus Himself tells us, "I am the way, the truth, and the life, no one comes to the Father except through me."   and John 5:24 goes on to further tell us what we must do to be saved and what we received.

John 5:24 "Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life."  We must hear His Word and believe that God sent Jesus and when we do that is when we have eternal life (saved) we do not come into judgment (no condemnation for those in Jesus Rom. 8:1) and pass out of death into life. From our penalty of death (hell) into life - eternal life (heaven).

"For Christ also died for sins once for all, the just for the unjust, so that He might bring us to God, having been put to death in the flesh, but made alive in the spirit" 1 Peter 3:18

This is how I know I am saved. Because I believe that Jesus died for my sins (past, present, and future sins). I believe His death paid that penalty and that by believing I accept and receive Him as my Savior and have asked Him into my life to be my Savior and to be my Lord. "But as many as received Him, to them He gave the right to become children of God, even to those who believe in His name." John 1:12.  His name means Messiah = Jesus, Savior = Christ - Emmanuel = God with us.  I BELIEVE and I RECEIVE - therefore I AM SAVED!