IGNORED

WorthyNews: Washington GOP tries to oust Republican nominee Roy Moore in Alabama Senate race

WorthyNewsBot

• Group:  Bots
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  39,879
  • Topics Per Day:  6.47
  • Content Count:  44,258
  • Content Per Day:  7.18
  • Days Won:  2

(Worthy News) - Washington Republicans moved quickly Thursday to try to oust their candidate in the Alabama Senate race, former state Chief Justice Roy Moore, after a newspaper reported he had enticed an underage girl into a sexual encounter decades ago.

The Washington Post reported that a woman says Mr. Moore initiated the encounter in 1979, when she was 14 and he was 32. Three other women told the newspaper Mr. Moore pursued them when they were 16 to 18 years of age.

That was the last straw for Republicans who’d already been at odds with Mr. Moore, their nominee, on a host of other issues. [ Source: Washington Times (Read More...) ]

View the full article

Guest shiloh357

The GoP and the Democrats are trying to do to Roy Moore what they tried to do to Trump.   False allegations of sexual molestation appear to be the primary weapon of choice to thwart the guy you don't like. 

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  104
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,923
  • Content Per Day:  0.61
  • Birthday:  03/22/1953

1 hour ago, shiloh357 said:

The GoP and the Democrats are trying to do to Roy Moore what they tried to do to Trump.   False allegations of sexual molestation appear to be the primary weapon of choice to thwart the guy you don't like. 

Unfortunately, we don't know (and probably will never know for sure) if the allegations are false.  If they are true (only God, the accuser, and Moore himself know if they are), he should do the right thing and step aside.  

The timing of this bombshell, however, is suspicious.  The man has been in public life forever and has powerful enemies.  One would think that this would have come out before now.

One other thing - this provides a good opportunity for self-assessment.  Ask yourself - what was your first reaction when you heard of it?  Did it depend on your political outlook?

I know it is a question I have asked myself.  The correct and I believe Christian reaction is disgust that this sort of thing goes on; and then to keep an open mind and question the validity of the accuser since, after all, one is presumed innocent until proven guilty.

And let's be fair - that second part applies to (or should apply to) EVERYONE all across the political spectrum.

Blessings,

-Ed

• Group:  Royal Member *
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  91
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  10,596
  • Content Per Day:  3.70
  • Days Won:  25

1 hour ago, SavedByGrace1981 said:

Unfortunately, we don't know (and probably will never know for sure) if the allegations are false.  If they are true (only God, the accuser, and Moore himself know if they are), he should do the right thing and step aside.  

The timing of this bombshell, however, is suspicious.  The man has been in public life forever and has powerful enemies.  One would think that this would have come out before now.

One other thing - this provides a good opportunity for self-assessment.  Ask yourself - what was your first reaction when you heard of it?  Did it depend on your political outlook?

I know it is a question I have asked myself.  The correct and I believe Christian reaction is disgust that this sort of thing goes on; and then to keep an open mind and question the validity of the accuser since, after all, one is presumed innocent until proven guilty.

And let's be fair - that second part applies to (or should apply to) EVERYONE all across the political spectrum.

Blessings,

-Ed

My first reaction was "oh no, not another one".   Over the last month (or has it even been that long) there has been a landslide of these accusations coming out against so many people.  I will admit I have gotten to the point that I believe they are all true, no matter the political stance of the person, that is the one thing I do not take into account. 

I know it is wrong to assume they are guilty, but that is sort of the point I am at now.  

Guest shiloh357
1 hour ago, SavedByGrace1981 said:

Blessings,

-Ed

There are a lot of similarities, I think.   I mean, the claim against him is just over the top and they NEVER surfaced all those years he served as a judge and they never surfaced in this election until after he became a threat to Democrats.

The claim against him and the timing are just way too suspect.   It was the same with the claims made against Trump, which when Trump threatened slander/libel suits, suddenly and very quickly went away. 

I think Roy Moore needs to threaten a slander/defamation/libel suit.

The GoP wanted Strange and now they are going to do to Moore what they tried to do to Trump, as well.  They want Moore to step down, not because they are so worried about a moral failing, but because this is a chance to get Strange, who is the one McConnell wanted in the first place. 

In politics, when it is expedient, you are guilty 'till proven innocent.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  292
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Days Won:  0

2 hours ago, SavedByGrace1981 said:

Blessings,

-Ed

I think those are all good questions to ask, especially the one about honestly asking yourself if you reaction is tainted by political outlook.  My observation is  that women (I am not one so any females can correct me if I'm wrong) often gain strength from each other and in movements and I believe the #metoo movement has given courage to a lot of women to bring things up that they might not have in the past.

There certainly can be a political aspect and I think the higher a person rises, the more public their statements are and the more likely it is to rub salt in the wounds of people who were victims thus prompting them to go public.  I've been in management positions for too long to discard claims like this because I have had to interveen in situations where extremely pios talkers pulled stunts like this that were completely oposite of what the way they talked.  Nothing surprises me anymore.  In addition, we have a President who bragged about being able to walk through dressing rooms of beauty pageants and they had to let him because he was the owner so I can see how that could be an inspiration to other predators to not let their pasts keep them from public ambitions.

As far as innocent until proven guilty is concerned, that is definitely applicable in a court of law but in everyday life you (especially if you are a parent) should feel free to use judgement that is not girded by that.  I would never put my daughters in a situation where Roy Moore had power over them even though I didn't have the resources or information to prove him innocent.

My two cents....

I think Roy Moore needs to threaten a slander/defamation/libel suit.

If this is indeed a made up charge, then yes.  Again, only he and the accuser (and God) knows that for sure.  

However, as a Christian, Judge Moore (if the charges are true) had better be more concerned about God's opinion and do the right thing.

The GoP wanted Strange and now they are going to do to Moore what they tried to do to Trump, as well.  They want Moore to step down, not because they are so worried about a moral failing, but because this is a chance to get Strange, who is the one McConnell wanted in the first place. 

I'm not sure how politics works in Alabama, but I heard last night that it's too late to reprint the ballots - so I'm not sure what would happen if Moore stepped aside.  People would (I assume) have to write in another candidate.

The gop(e) might go all out and instruct the voters to 'write-in' the name of their preferred candidate or (to save money) they might just sit it out and let the democrat be elected.  

In the end, it's the same difference.

Blessings,

-Ed

1 hour ago, shoes_untied said:

Nothing surprises me anymore. 

Me neither.

Blessings,

-Ed

• Group:  Royal Member *
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  91
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  10,596
  • Content Per Day:  3.70
  • Days Won:  25

From all I have read, Moore has not denied the accusation.

And one of his supporters used the story of Mary and Josheph and Elizabeth and Zachariah to defend Moore

Edited by Running Gator
  • Oy Vey! 1

Guest shiloh357
16 minutes ago, SavedByGrace1981 said:

If this is indeed a made up charge, then yes.  Again, only he and the accuser (and God) knows that for sure.  

However, as a Christian, Judge Moore (if the charges are true) had better be more concerned about God's opinion and do the right thing.

I'm not sure how politics works in Alabama, but I heard last night that it's too late to reprint the ballots - so I'm not sure what would happen if Moore stepped aside.  People would (I assume) have to write in another candidate.

The gop(e) might go all out and instruct the voters to 'write-in' the name of their preferred candidate or (to save money) they might just sit it out and let the democrat be elected.  

In the end, it's the same difference.

Blessings,

-Ed

If Moore stepped aside, Strange's name could be a write-in.