IGNORED

WorthyNews: Washington GOP tries to oust Republican nominee Roy Moore in Alabama Senate race

WorthyNewsBot

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  104
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,923
  • Content Per Day:  0.61
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  03/22/1953

1 minute ago, shiloh357 said:

If Moore stepped aside, Strange's name could be a write-in.

And since he's McConnell's pick, he would make a fine demopublican.  Or republicrat.  Take your pick.

As I've read more about this, I'm seeing Steve Bannon's name pop up.  That gives me an 'aha' moment.

If this is indeed a political hit job (we'll never know for sure), then it could be a pre-emptive strike by the R branch swamp creatures to destroy Bannon and any candidates he may be backing in the future.

After all, Bannon has not been updated to Trump ver. 2.0 yet - he's still at Trump ver. 1.0

Blessings,

-Ed

Guest shiloh357

I don't think there is anything to the allegations.   It is alleged to have happened 38 years ago,as well as the other allegations.   He has been elected to more than one office in Alabama and if this stuff were true, they would have surfaced back then. 

This just another attempt by the Left to take down a true conservative who poses a real threat to the Dem opponent.  It's just the way the dirty Left does business.  We saw it during the presidential election and we are seeing it here.

• Group:  Royal Member *
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  91
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  10,596
  • Content Per Day:  3.70
  • Days Won:  25

3 hours ago, shiloh357 said:

I don't think there is anything to the allegations.   It is alleged to have happened 38 years ago,as well as the other allegations.   He has been elected to more than one office in Alabama and if this stuff were true, they would have surfaced back then. 

This just another attempt by the Left to take down a true conservative who poses a real threat to the Dem opponent.  It's just the way the dirty Left does business.  We saw it during the presidential election and we are seeing it here.

I tought that at first till I read this...

From Alabama State Auditor Jim Zeigler  Seems pretty clear he knew it happened. 

"Take the Bible: Zachariah and Elizabeth for instance," Zeigler said. "Zachariah was extremely old to marry Elizabeth and they became the parents of John the Baptist. Also take Joseph and Mary. Mary was a teenager and Joseph was an adult carpenter. They became parents of Jesus. There's just nothing immoral or illegal here. Maybe just a little bit unusual."

Also, this is Moore's first national office, being a Senator is way different than a State Justice

3 hours ago, shiloh357 said:

This just another attempt by the Left . . .

If the allegations aren't true and it is instead a hit job, I'd put my money on McConnell, Ryan and company rather than Nancy, Barack and Chucky.

It's true they're part of the establishment/ruling class, but I don't think they're technically 'Left.'

Though at the end of the day, what does it really matter.

Blessings,

-Ed

1 hour ago, Running Gator said:

I thought that at first till I read this...

I don't live in Alabama, but I think I remember hearing about Judge Moore many years ago when he was involved in a 'Ten Commandments' controversy. He became somewhat of a hero in conservative circles nationwide.  

Whenever that happens, anyone who is in such a position automatically becomes a target for 'the other side.'  Even though he didn't hold national office, a juicy tidbit such as this (especially in the era of Swaggart and Bakker) would have made bringing down Moore a 'feather in the cap' for someone.  

But like I said, we'll probably never know for sure.

While most, if not all, Christians have done things in their (our) past that we're ashamed of, this one's a biggie.  Unfortunately, if it is true, it's not a surprise.  What is wrong with men who profess Christ that causes them to do this?

I'd like to think that if one REALLY has a serious Christian perspective, and is a genuine Christian (as Moore claims to be), then if this is a true allegation - how could he lie about it?  Is he not afraid of God and of Judgement?

A senate seat is temporal.  Eternity is . . . forever!

Blessings,

-Ed

• Thumbs Up 1

17 minutes ago, SavedByGrace1981 said:

I don't live in Alabama, but I think I remember hearing about Judge Moore many years ago when he was involved in a 'Ten Commandments' controversy. He became somewhat of a hero in conservative circles nationwide.  

Whenever that happens, anyone who is in such a position automatically becomes a target for 'the other side.'  Even though he didn't hold national office, a juicy tidbit such as this (especially in the era of Swaggart and Bakker) would have made bringing down Moore a 'feather in the cap' for someone.  

But like I said, we'll probably never know for sure.

While most, if not all, Christians have done things in their (our) past that we're ashamed of, this one's a biggie.  Unfortunately, if it is true, it's not a surprise.  What is wrong with men who profess Christ that causes them to do this?

I'd like to think that if one REALLY has a serious Christian perspective, and is a genuine Christian (as Moore claims to be), then if this is a true allegation - how could he lie about it?  Is he not afraid of God and of Judgement?

A senate seat is temporal.  Eternity is . . . forever!

Blessings,

-Ed

I still have not heard him or read where he has denied the allegations.  For me his longtime friend and ally basically justifying the actions is the clincher.   Clearly this guy thinks Moore did it

Guest shiloh357
2 hours ago, Running Gator said:

I tought that at first till I read this...

From Alabama State Auditor Jim Zeigler  Seems pretty clear he knew it happened. 

"Take the Bible: Zachariah and Elizabeth for instance," Zeigler said. "Zachariah was extremely old to marry Elizabeth and they became the parents of John the Baptist. Also take Joseph and Mary. Mary was a teenager and Joseph was an adult carpenter. They became parents of Jesus. There's just nothing immoral or illegal here. Maybe just a little bit unusual."

Also, this is Moore's first national office, being a Senator is way different than a State Justice

I'm sorry, how the story of Mary and Joseph and Zachariah and Elizabeth speak to this issue?   I fail to see the connection.

7 minutes ago, shiloh357 said:

I'm sorry, how the story of Mary and Joseph and Zachariah and Elizabeth speak to this issue?   I fail to see the connection.

It is about the age differences between the men and the women in those stories 

Guest shiloh357
28 minutes ago, Running Gator said:

It is about the age differences between the men and the women in those stories 

Okay, but what does that have to do with the Roy Moore allegations in any meaningful way?

Guest shiloh357
2 hours ago, Running Gator said:

I still have not heard him or read where he has denied the allegations.  For me his longtime friend and ally basically justifying the actions is the clincher.   Clearly this guy thinks Moore did it

He has been denying it all over the place.