• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  951
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,561
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

With the stone throwers so in abundance I have almost come to wish I have made my financial investments in gravel pits.

For then I'd have even more money to give to God for the sharing with my teachers, elders, and pastors as all go about in their sharing of the gospel of Jesus rejoicing in His mercy and grace.

Edited by Neighbor
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  20

Ahhh..... you without realizing it,  have spoken oddly true.

If instead of financial dealings you did on the advice of man,

you had obeyed GOD'S 'ADVICE', HIS WORD,   then the people you could have helped would have been helped, .....

That is so True,  Very True, 

not just for you, but for many reading the internet every day..... (though they all will continue following man's advice... wherever that leads (not good) )

Actually I anticipated such a response to come from the pit, that's why the figurative gravel pit came to mind in the first place. 

Edited by Neighbor

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.81
  • Days Won:  226

10 hours ago, Neighbor said:

With the stone throwers so in abundance I have almost come to wish I have made my financial investments in gravel pits.

For then I'd have even more money to give to God for the sharing with my teachers, elders, and pastors as all go about in their sharing of the gospel of Jesus rejoicing in His mercy and grace.

I think that calling this world a gravel pit is giving this world too much of an advantage. I would call it a garbage dump.

• Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,247
  • Content Per Day:  0.97
  • Days Won:  1

Well, there's that.
Then there's this:

Php 4:8  Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things.

Feel better already..............................

• Thumbs Up 1

12 hours ago, missmuffet said:

I think that calling this world a gravel pit is giving this world too much of an advantage. I would call it a garbage dump.

The world is a garbage dump? Really? I hadn't noticed. Though  I witnessed a funny  presentation from  a pastor who was at the time my boss. Our music director was also a cruise company president. He had a "Christian" cruise going to The St. Lawrence River at fall leaf peeping time. From the pulpit, he made his short announcement of the beauty of the river at that time, .

Our pastor then got up to the podium and said; Of course all those red and yellow leaves we celebrate as beauty of this earth are a symbol of dying and decay on this planet which will pass away.

Well, you could hear a pin drop, - then there was a snort, a chortle, and hilarious laughter from the congregation  of hard working people, none of whom would be good candidates for a cruise down the St. Lawrence at any time, and all of whom now had a new appreciation and vision for fall foliage, - death and decay.

Being from New England, and having gone through a few cycles of the seasons there, I still find that  presentation and commentary to be funny.

Edited by Neighbor

• Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  9,605
  • Content Per Day:  3.97
  • Days Won:  21

This is hilarious! So people that throw stones should not live in glass houses. Right. But the idea of collecting and selling those stones is brilliant - especially if you sell them back to the throwers at a small discount. Maybe to some of the wealthy 'stoners' you could rent out a stone throwing machine as well.

Now the question. Who do you think would be your major customer base? Does any group come to mind? (innocent smirk)

Children of the evil one.

And ... oh, Trolls?

Non churched Brothers and sisters in Christ?

Oh, leave some,  just a few anyway for Pentecostal sisters not many just a few for the special ones that want me to gargle in tongues.

Arminians? Anti-Calvinists! Boy this gravel pit business idea would have been  a huge success. Where was this idea when I was younger? I'd have to run it as a U - pick - Em  place now. Five stones for a farthing. Though I think stones could fetch more than the price of sparrows.

Bet the real profit item could be in the  sale of slings. Oh to have a slings boutique at the pit and just clean up, could become rich, very very rich!

Course it wouldn't last long as I would have to spend ever more at the armorer's buying face masks, breastplates, and helmets. Always a catch isn't there?

Edited by Neighbor