Can a Catholic be saved?

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  45
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  124
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  0

So, my question is if a Catholic can still go to a Catholic Church, practice their traditions and still be saved thanks to their faith in our LORD Jesus Christ?

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.14
  • Days Won:  78

Anyone can be saved, M atoo.  But the best thing for a Catholic is to leave that church because they do not have sound doctrine and they worship idols.  Simple really, just leave.

• Thumbs Up 2

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  135
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  4,165
  • Content Per Day:  1.22
  • Days Won:  0

5 hours ago, mat007 said:

So, my question is if a Catholic can still go to a Catholic Church, practice their traditions and still be saved thanks to their faith in our LORD Jesus Christ?

Yes I believe so, if they truly believe that Christ died on the cross to redeem us of our sins and was raised from the grave and is alive and seated on the right hand of our Father God. Only God knows for sure the hearts of every person.Catholic or non Catholic.

Certainly Catholics are taught about Christ Jesus and why He came and died for us. The Catholics do believe the basics of redemption through the Father, Son, Holy Spirit, just the ad-ons are the problem, but those come from the added-on twisting add-on from the higher ups hierarchy of the church and not from the message of who Christ is that is correctly taught despite the add-ons.  The confusion comes along if the people in the congregation begin to embrace Mary or the saints more so than Christ Jesus.

Edited by 1to3
  • Thumbs Up 3

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,989
  • Topics Per Day:  0.49
  • Content Count:  48,687
  • Content Per Day:  11.89
  • Days Won:  226

John 3:16. If they have genuinely has asked Jesus Christ into their life they are saved.

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  52
  • Topic Count:  1,010
  • Topics Per Day:  0.15
  • Content Count:  12,205
  • Content Per Day:  1.79
  • Days Won:  92

I also believe Catholics can be saved if they are born again....truly trusting in Christ alone as their Savior.

However, since alot of the Catholic church's teachings are wrong and can mislead people, it would be best to leave that church and seek a loving church where the Bible is taught.

But I guess they need to see the need to leave it themselves...

• Thumbs Up 3

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  208
  • Topic Count:  60
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  8,651
  • Content Per Day:  1.18
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  03/04/1943

11 hours ago, mat007 said:

So, my question is, if a Catholic can still go to a Catholic Church....
practice their traditions and still....
be saved thanks to their faith....
in our LORD Jesus Christ....

:sherlock:

The Only Way

Even the righteousness of God which is by faith of Jesus Christ unto all and upon all them that believe: for there is no difference: Romans 3:22

Any Sinner Can Be Saved

Therefore we conclude that a man is justified by faith without the deeds of the law. Romans 3:28

Is By Their Faith In The LORD Jesus

Therefore being justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ: By whom also we have access by faith into this grace wherein we stand, and rejoice in hope of the glory of God. Romans 5:1-2

Period~!

Well; because of unbelief they were broken off, and thou standest by faith. Be not highminded, but fear: Romans 11:20

~

Love, Your Brother Joe

• Thumbs Up 3

• Followers:  26
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  9,602
  • Content Per Day:  4.02
  • Days Won:  21

Interesting question. One could ask that of a Baptist, Methodist, C of E, Wesleyan, AOG, Pentecostal... any of these 'names'.

God don't care too much for religion is my guess since it is the Heart of Yahweh and a person's heart that really matters.

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  69
  • Content Count:  1,453
  • Content Per Day:  0.54
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  09/23/1991

20 hours ago, mat007 said:

Can a Catholic be saved?

Anyone can be saved. Asking if a Catholic can be saved is similar as asking if a murderer can be saved.

Both the Catholic and murderer can be saved if they genuinely repent and come to the Lord Jesus Christ, who is the only one who can give Life.

"Nor is there salvation in any other, for there is no other name under heaven given among men by which we must be saved." - Acts 4:12

People are not saved because they trust in the pope, their pastors, their denomination, or their good deeds. They are saved because they have repented, received the Lord Jesus Christ in their hearts and believe the Father loved him because He has sent His Son Jesus Christ to give His life for their sins.

"Greater love has no one than this, than to lay down one's life for his friends." - John 15:13

I say to you: There will be no Catholics, no Muslims, no Buddhists, no Protestants, no Pentecostals, no Methodists, no Baptists, etc... on the right hand of the Lord Jesus Christ in that Day.

"If anyone does not abide in Me, he is cast out as a branch and is withered; and they gather them and throw them into the fire, and they are burned." - John 15:6

There will be only those who believed and trusted in the Lord Jesus Christ. That is what I mean, I am not condemning denominations I am just saying that without Him you are nothing.

"and said, “Assuredly, I say to you, unless you are converted and become as little children, you will by no means enter the kingdom of heaven." - Matthew 18:3

The problem I notice around here is that Catholics seem to put too much trust in their habits and in the Catholic Church itself to be saved. And there are many, many religious people not only in the Catholic Church but in other denominations as well, which I see as a danger because you clearly see by their fruits they are not in a saved position.

"Many will say to Me in that day, ‘Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in Your name, cast out demons in Your name, and done many wonders in Your name?’
And then I will declare to them, ‘I never knew you; depart from Me, you who practice lawlessness!’" - Matthew 7:22-23

The Lord Jesus Christ does not seem to have the attention and honor He deserves within the Catholic Church. And this is what I notice in my location, the Catholic Church in my country is very idol centered just as it is in all Latin America.

In short: Too much attention and honor for statues and dead people, and little to none for the Lord Jesus Christ.

Surrender to Lord Jesus Christ before it is too late.

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.41
  • Days Won:  20

22 minutes ago, Justin Adams said:

Interesting question. One could ask that of a Baptist, Methodist, C of E, Wesleyan, AOG, Pentecostal... any of these 'names'.

God don't care too much for religion is my guess since it is the Heart of Yahweh and a person's heart that really matters.

Except those other 'names' you named do not live, practice, teach, enforce and preach a false gospel every day,

they teach the truth,  unless they got 'converted' to the ecumenical one world religion/ in error/ opposed to Christ.

Thus saving someone OUT OF a false religion is a much different question

than saving someone (as if ) out of a FAITH IN CHRIST religion , where they are not taught abominations, by antichrist doctrines,  see? 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  26
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Content Count:  9,602
  • Content Per Day:  4.02
  • Days Won:  21

I have hardly ever been to a 'church' that does not have its own icons, hierarchy in dogma, liturgy and idols. Even some inherited from the RCC though they do not realize it.

Some hold that the scriptures are sacrosanct in the sense that they worship them (just words) to the exclusion of the Person they point to: Yahweh. The scriptures being alive seems to only indicate they can live if they have our churches' permission.

What of Holy Spirit? How can He even compete any more than when Yeshua said: "you observe the commandments and dogmas of men, but Yahweh is far from you". 

King James Bible
But in vain they do worship me, teaching for doctrines the commandments of men.

Without the Spirit of the Living God all is empty gestures and clanging gongs.

Some confuse salvation with a few words and confessions. I see so little REPENTANCE except in lip service.

I see traditions of men in abundance and doctrinal stances that would confuse a saint. Jesus may have nailed the old ordinances to the cross, (the dogmas and traditions of mere men). Yet I see a whole host of dogmas and doctrines in the supposedly free church.

God aint changed and sadly neither has man.

Because they would not keep His Commandments;

He warns us: “Not everyone who says to Me, ‘LORD, LORD,’ shall enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father in heaven. Many will say to Me in that day, ‘LORD, LORD, have we not prophesied in Your name, cast out demons in Your name, and done many wonders in Your name?’ And then I will declare to them, ‘I never knew you; depart from Me, you who practice lawlessness!’” (Matthew 7:21-23).

So we have to ask, Do the churches which claim to represent Christ really represent Him accurately?

Edited by Justin Adams
  • Thumbs Up 1