• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  34
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  612
  • Content Per Day:  0.26
  • Days Won:  0

4 hours ago, Davida said:

Your saying can a Catholic become saved and still practice the abominations of the Catholic Church?  - No.

I  really do not know what people are saying in this thread, it is a contradiction of what the Bible says and they are not helping anyone.  How would anyone who is saved continue in seeing the Pope as being the Holy See? how could one saved be in false worship of Mary and praying to her for intercession?????

When you have the Holy Spirit in you when you become born again , you cannot remain where lies are presented for Biblical truth- the HOLY SPIRIT does not allow it. 

A Romanite who attends the Romanite cult who is born from above will love the word and eventually see the evil lies of Rome and run from her.

3 hours ago, Davida said:

I want to add, WHERE and HOW does a RC hear the True Gospel Given to them by a Priest -without LIES woven in between and overtop??  They don't. They don't understand the full pure message of the Gospel because they never hear it in their Cathedrals. If by chance they read their Bibles or hear it preached elsewhere and get saved by grace through Faith - by the mercy of God- Then they become EX-Catholics! ;) 

Davida, true, but one who hears a very basic gospel who is born again will earnestly love and search the scriptures and then RUN from the Romanite cult.

I know by experience, I was a born-again believer in 1980 who was a Pelagian for at least 15 years, everywhere I went that's all I heard until through the scriptures it finally clicked. :)

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Content Count:  2,491
  • Content Per Day:  0.55
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  02/02/1971

1 hour ago, Davida said:

The fact that lies abound is irrelevant. The ones that are practicing RC will NOT hear the true gospel , they believe in saved by works, purgatory & that Mary is their compassionate spiritual mother who will put in a good word with Jesus, etc....  It is blasphemy.

I'm not disagreeing. Simply speaking the truth of light and life are enough without concerning oneself with what is darkness. Focus on the truth, and everything will reveal itself to either being aligned with truth, or a lie.  What is our focus on?  Do others need to hear us attacking, or speaking life and hope?  Dispel the darkness with light. 

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.41
  • Days Won:  20

29 minutes ago, hmbld said:

Simply speaking the truth of light and life are enough without concerning oneself with what is darkness. Focus on the truth, and everything will reveal itself to either being aligned with truth, or a lie.  What is our focus on?  Do others need to hear us attacking, or speaking life and hope?  Dispel the darkness with light. 

Jesus and the Apostles and the disciples (and the PROPHETS)  ALL WERE CALLED TO SPEAK OUT AGAINST THE IDOLATORS !

Every follower of JESUS must take a stance AGAINST THE FALSE GOSPEL SHOWING UP HERE.

Every one of them.

Otherwise as @Davida posted:

7 minutes ago, Davida said:

That attitude will easily join the Ecumenical movement for the sake of "peace and unity".  imo, You should be more  worried about those that Don't hear - the lemmings that think they ARE hearing the Gospel 

"the lemmings that think they ARE hearing the Gospel"  from their church or other long time posters here on the forum, or from a deceitful wolf propagating a prosperity gospel on television or the internet,

from those who claim to be "Christian" whether they are or not,   dispensing false teachings from at best emotionalism (perhaps the least harmful of all the false gospels) ...

who have posted for years without accepting correction, reproof, edification, or learning true knowledge from God the Father nor from HIS SON JESUS. 

When their emotions get overcome,  they react, instead of seeking the Father, Jesus, and the TRUTH.

2 hours ago, Davida said:

When you are born again you can't be worshipping  hearing heresies preached and worshipping with those who think Mary is their intercessor between man and God. 

The Catholics that get saved leave-- because they have to speak out against the heresies. 

AMEN. :)

What part of ONE do Romanites not understand?

1Ti 2:5  For there is one God, and there is one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus,

• This is Worthy 1

2 hours ago, Davida said:

That attitude will easily join the Ecumenical movement for the sake of "peace and unity".  imo, You should be more  worried about those that Don't hear - the lemmings that think they ARE hearing the Gospel , but they are taught seeped in false doctrine and don't know the difference. 

That is fine if you don't have a constitution for it,  God calls us for different roles.

Yes, I wish I didn't have the constitution to constantly judge, but it is a struggle for me. It's not the false doctrines that I want to allow, rather how can one learn the truth if they feel attacked, is there love so patient as to come alongside and demonstrate the truth in word and deed?

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, simplejeff said:

Jesus and the Apostles and the disciples (and the PROPHETS)  ALL WERE CALLED TO SPEAK OUT AGAINST THE IDOLATORS !

Every follower of JESUS must take a stance AGAINST THE FALSE GOSPEL SHOWING UP HERE.

Every one of them.

Otherwise as @Davida posted:

"the lemmings that think they ARE hearing the Gospel"  from their church or other long time posters here on the forum, or from a deceitful wolf propagating a prosperity gospel on television or the internet,

from those who claim to be "Christian" whether they are or not,   dispensing false teachings from at best emotionalism (perhaps the least harmful of all the false gospels) ...

who have posted for years without accepting correction, reproof, edification, or learning true knowledge from God the Father nor from HIS SON JESUS. 

When their emotions get overcome,  they react, instead of seeking the Father, Jesus, and the TRUTH.

By all means, Jeff, stand against what is false. Just don't forget others are reading and can tell if there is love or judgement with an angry tone. 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.41
  • Days Won:  20

14 minutes ago, hmbld said:

By all means, Jeff, stand against what is false. Just don't forget others are reading and can tell if there is love or judgement with an angry tone. 

Actually,  only a few can appraise things as written in Scripture.  Most cannot, and do not, and do not care about that.

Often the angry ones (they think they have reason to be angry or upset) are the ones who have not been forgiven yet, and only subconsciously know this, and think (emotionally) that their upset-ed-ness is 'justified' and even that God or Scripture backs them up for some reason known or unknown.   Many rcc members , for instance (very clearly) act offended, claim "no love", etc etc etc when the false gospel of the rcc is exposed.   Likewise,  members of fellowships/ assemblies or churches  that live and teach a religious form, without power but deny the power,  that denies the peace and/or joy and / or righteousness that is present in true assemblies without fail,  they often and easily get upset if the cart they trust in is shaken or exposed personally (individually) or corporately (the group).

The test and the proof is simple:  when they accept the Scripture as Yahweh Reveals to all ekklesia as the Authority, instead of feelings, emotions, or other man-made sources,

they are over-joyed and rejoicing with the truth, delighted in glorifying the FATHER in HEAVEN in all things,

and not sad, mad, or upset that their group or doctrine is 'in danger of' (close to being) exposed as wrong somehow (by anyone).

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  18
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

As a former Catholic I was saved while still a Catholic but was not saved in the Catholic Church. The Catholic Church teaches that one cannot be assured of salvation. Salvation is by works (contradicting Eph. 2:8-9) and following Catholic (man made) tradition. Tradition and the Bible are considered to be on the same footing and in some cases tradition trumps the Bible especially in the case of Mary who is considered to have the power to save because they say she was born without sin. Also, the Catholic Church teaches that it is a mortal sin to believe that one is saved. This is called the "sin of presumption" and is considered a mortal sin because this is pride and God is opposed to the proud therefore this mortal sin condemns anyone who believes they are going to heaven to hell. As if this wasn't enough there is the doctrine of Purgatory that teaches that one must make atonement for their own sins invalidating the need for Jesus the Savior and contradicting Scripture (1 Jonh 5:11-13).  

I could go on and on about all the false doctrines and dogmas that the Catholic Church teaches and yet I must say that there are many wonderful sincere and very devout Catholics who love God, Jesus and the Bible yet are NOT saved. I was one of these. From the outside, I sounded and acted like a Christian believing that I was, because I believed in Christ and loved God with all my heart and actually tried to live a very righteous life. Yes, I knew Jesus died on the cross for the sins of the world, but somehow I never truly understood that it was personal. That He died in MY place for MY sins. The Bible is clear that our belief must be based on TRUTH and this truth is the Word of God not on religion or on tradition especially if these things contradict the very Word of God which Catholicism does.

True "born again" salvation is by grace through faith. This faith is an action of belief to believe that Jesus is MY Savior. Belief is not just head knowledge - knowing what Jesus did but it is active. John 1:12 says, "But as many as receive Him to them He gave the right to become children of God." Therefore my belief becomes a very real action and I "receive" Him as my Savior. This is when all people are saved when our belief becomes action - in receiving Christ into our lives.

You can sincerely and devoutly follow any religion and NOT be saved. Read the story of Cornelius in the book of Acts. This man had love and godly devotion and he was a righteous man, by all accounts when you read about him you will make the assumption that he is saved, but he was not. God had him send for Peter so that Peter could show him how to truly be saved. All the love and sincere devotion and doing good could not save Cornelius and it can not save you. Do not be mislead to think that someone who is a Catholic is saved because they seem to be following Christ and have the correct vocabulary.

I personally believe that if you are a true born again Christian who has received Jesus as your personal Savior and is walking with God by reading and studying the Bible you can NOT remain in the Catholic Church that teaches so many false and grievous doctrines. As a Catholic my faith was blind. I did not know the Bible. I revered the Bible as a holy book but I had never studied or understood it. Once I was saved I now had the Holy Spirit inside me to help me understand it and I began studying the Bible. It was the Word of God that set me free and corrected all my wrong religious beliefs that had me erroneously believing that I was ok. Sure I wouldn't go to heaven but my time in Purgatory wouldn't be very long and if my friends and family prayed for me my time there would be shortened. Dear brothers and sisters in Christ that is NOT in the Bible but that is what every good Catholic is taught and what they believe. Praise God for the Bible says "You will know the truth and the truth will set you free." 

Yes, Catholics can be saved and are saved when they hear the word of God. Jesus said, "I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me." Not works, Not religious doctrine, Not Mary, Not the sacraments and not doing your time in Purgatory" only through Jesus.  Unless one is born again they can not enter into the Kingdom. But a true believer will NOT stay in a Church that does not teach the truth - we are to grow and mature in Christ and can not do so in a Church that does not even believe the Word when it comes to salvation. Grace and Peace!

Edited by Gentle Heart
misspelled words
  • Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  26
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  9,602
  • Content Per Day:  4.02
  • Days Won:  21

10 hours ago, simplejeff said:

churches  that live and teach a religious form, without power but deny the power,  that denies the peace and/or joy and / or righteousness that is present in true assemblies without fail,  they often and easily get upset if the cart they trust in is shaken or exposed personally

Oh, do they ever get bent out of shape. The web reader can see what a sorry lot we Christians are sometimes by how we treat each other. We forget "there but for the Grace of God go I".
I do see that most of the 'doctrinal differences' are very similar to those in Yeshua's day. The ordinances and dogmas of man (the priests and scribes etc). 
Why is the WORD and 'the scriptures(words)' insufficient for us?
It is because we do not know Yahweh. The words that are written on our hearts do not 'gell' with the words we read, so we flounder around and create yet more words to somehow 'entreat' God to give us more favor.
But all the while we are disobeying, without contrition, His Commandments... You will note the famous words, "... Lord, Lord, we did this and such in your name..." He says depart from me you that PRACTICE LAWLESSNESS...

Does anyone actually get it? If you ignore God's Laws (not mans additions), then go cast out all you want, sing all you want, heal all you want.. He will say in that day, "I NEVER KNEW YOU".  Why you ask Him? Because you sneered at My Laws and promoted your own commandments (doctrines) instead.

Edited by Justin Adams