christian life

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  95
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  117
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  0

First of all, thank you all who encourage me here.  I love God's Word but I've gotten a fear of Hell in the past two years.  It is a strong fear that at times overcomes my love for God's Word.  It's a battle.  I want to love and be motivated and POSSESSED by the Word of God.  I want a renewal in strength and a fresh desire to do this.  But on my own, I'm lost.  My OCD let's my thoughts spiral out of control.  So it's hard to encourage myself.  It's hard for me to simply love God's Word more than I fear hell, but I really want tooo.  Help?

• Thumbs Up 1

• 2 weeks later...

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  977
  • Content Per Day:  0.21
  • Days Won:  0

The best healer of the mind is He who created it. So my for most recommendation for you is deep, heartfelt, soul-searching, prayer. Fast...search for God like you have never done previously. No compromise...no giving up...the promise to you is the same as it is for everyone....seek, and I shall be found of you.

Get deadly serious about finding Him. Pray earnestly...not the rote prayers you find in prayer books but conversation from the depths of your heart...be brutally honest...with yourself and with Him.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 1
  • Praise God! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,989
  • Topics Per Day:  0.49
  • Content Count:  48,687
  • Content Per Day:  11.89
  • Days Won:  226

On 11/11/2017 at 9:59 AM, Tyler22 said:

First of all, thank you all who encourage me here.  I love God's Word but I've gotten a fear of Hell in the past two years.  It is a strong fear that at times overcomes my love for God's Word.  It's a battle.  I want to love and be motivated and POSSESSED by the Word of God.  I want a renewal in strength and a fresh desire to do this.  But on my own, I'm lost.  My OCD let's my thoughts spiral out of control.  So it's hard to encourage myself.  It's hard for me to simply love God's Word more than I fear hell, but I really want tooo.  Help?

If you have genuinely asked Jesus Christ into your life to be your Lord and Savior why are you afraid of hell? I truly know what you are dealing with in the OCD and the thoughts that are out of control. I have OCD. Have you ever seen a professional regarding your OCD. Someone to talk to about these thoughts you are having? OCD is the 'doubting' disorder. You can not give those thoughts any power. There are also some good meds out now for OCD. Pray to God and give Him all control of your OCD. Tell Him everything that is on your mind. He knows your illness better than you do.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  185
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,204
  • Content Per Day:  3.35
  • Days Won:  30

1Jn 4:15 ESV  Whoever confesses that Jesus is the Son of God, God abides in him, and he in God.

1Jn 4:16  So we have come to know and to believe the love that God has for us. God is love, and whoever abides in love abides in God, and God abides in him.

1Jn 4:17  By this is love perfected with us, so that we may have confidence for the day of judgment, because as he is so also are we in this world.

1Jn 4:18  There is no fear in love, but perfect love casts out fear. For fear has to do with punishment, and whoever fears has not been perfected in love.

So ask God that His love might be perfected and matured in you.  You will find yourself worrying less about your own soul and more about those around you.  That is to say, love causes you to be less self focused and more focused on others.   It motivates you to share His love with others and lead them to repentance and faith in Christ.

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  26
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  9,602
  • Content Per Day:  4.02
  • Days Won:  21

Hi there. Yes some good advice but steer clear of shrinks (Freud, Jung - occultist) but seek out mature Christians that are not of the world's many flavors or counsels.

The Lord has some still left that are able to minister Truth and Healing. Seek them out. Also as MM said, there are some meds that are non-psychotropic that may help.

Brakelite and Willa have great advice too. (and a kiwi stuck in austra-______-alia is really to be noted).