God's Word

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  95
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  117
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  0

"His word judges the thoughts and intents of the heart."  My question is, when I read the Word, I'm not so sure if I am, like this  would imply, judged,  convicted, softened, by the Word.  This worries me cus I know the Word hardens reprobates, and only softens and convicts only believers and those who can still be saved...  Advice thoughts?

Edited by Tyler22

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  186
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,228
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  30

Heb 4:12 NKJV   For the word of God is living and powerful, and sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing even to the division of soul and spirit, and of joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.

This doesn't always mean that you need to be judged and convicted.  You were convicted of sin and denying Jesus when you asked God to forgive you the first time.   God does know your thoughts and intentions, but God doesn't show us all our faults at once and often isn't even changing the thing we think He is working on.  Sometimes He is working on the attitudes that keep us from changing to be more like Jesus.  We may not even be aware of those attitudes.  The Bible says we are being changed from glory to glory.  It is a matter of God perfecting and maturing us.  God sees we are still growing and He continues to mold us.  

Yes there are times that I realize that I blew it again and have to confess it to God.  But usually it is a matter of seeing a new revelation of the heights and depths of God's love, His mercy, grace, faithfulness, and holy nature.  It is true that when we see His perfection we realize that we fall short of His glory.  But we are worthy by virtue of the fact that Christ lives in us and not because of our own righteousness.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2,363
  • Content Per Day:  0.63
  • Days Won:  1

God's motivation is to save you, not condemn you. Given this, and other questions, you seem to be looking for an excuse to disqualify yourself. So my "advice" - stop it.

Read the parable of the Prodigal Son (Luke 15:11-32) and note the Father's response (verse 20). Your heavenly Father loves you. No matter who you are or what you have done, if you turn your face back to Him, He will run to you.