• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  479
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Days Won:  0

Hypothetical scenario: Take it seriously and sincerely

A man in a hospital has 1 hour to live. A Christian minister is called to share the gospel of Jesus to him. This man has heard of Jesus, but does not know about him. The minister arrives in the mans room exactly 3 minutes before the man dies. 

The minister quickly shares the gospel: "Jesus died that his blood may wash away your sins. He was crucified and resurrected in 3 days. If you repent and believe in him, you will be saved"

The man says, in his last minute: "I confess my sins, I know I'm a sinner. I believe in Jesus and I trust in him, but how do I know that I really trust him and I'm not just saying it? How do I know I truly believe in my heart, not with my words and mind?"

• If you were the minister, how would you respond? Knowing this man has 10 seconds to live and your next response may determine his eternal life in heaven or hell

Write in quotes your exact response to the man. Consider this man has no knowledge of the scriptures.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.35
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

THINK NOT what words ye shall say in that hour .  FOR GOD will give ye what to say.      not to him I say this , but to the author of who wrote this. 

I worry not over what to say ,  GOD will always give me what one needs to hear. FOR KNOWN unto GOD IS exactly what this man would need to hear.

Be blessed now and praise the Lord.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • This is Worthy 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2,357
  • Content Per Day:  0.63
  • Days Won:  1

"Be patient. You'll know in 10 seconds"

• Haha 2

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,990
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,688
  • Content Per Day:  11.83
  • Days Won:  226

42 minutes ago, ⎝?esus?essiah-?he?ord⎠ said:

Hypothetical scenario: Take it seriously and sincerely

A man in a hospital has 1 hour to live. A Christian minister is called to share the gospel of Jesus to him. This man has heard of Jesus, but does not know about him. The minister arrives in the mans room exactly 3 minutes before the man dies. 

The minister quickly shares the gospel: "Jesus died that his blood may wash away your sins. He was crucified and resurrected in 3 days. If you repent and believe in him, you will be saved"

The man says, in his last minute: "I confess my sins, I know I'm a sinner. I believe in Jesus and I trust in him, but how do I know that I really trust him and I'm not just saying it? How do I know I truly believe in my heart, not with my words and mind?"

• If you were the minister, how would you respond? Knowing this man has 10 seconds to live and your next response may determine his eternal life in heaven or hell

Write in quotes your exact response to the man. Consider this man has no knowledge of the scriptures.

If the man spoke those words and was sincere about it then he was saved. The minister would have to give the man the most honest and true answer and that amount of time. Only God knows if a person is saved.

• Thumbs Up 3

43 minutes ago, Yowm said:

Rom 10:9
"if you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved."

AS AN EXAMPLE...

Act 16:31
"Believe in the Lord Jesus, and you will be saved, "

The point was this: "how do I know that I really trust him and I'm not just saying it? How do I know I truly believe in my heart, not with my words and mind?"

• Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  20

Just now, ⎝?esus?essiah-?he?ord⎠ said:

The point was this: "how do I know that I really trust him and I'm not just saying it? How do I know I truly believe in my heart, not with my words and mind?"

As written in Scripture,  no man can know or understand,  unless the Father in Heaven grants it.  (i.e. no man in the flesh can tell you, unless of course Yahweh reveals this)

11 minutes ago, simplejeff said:

As written in Scripture,  no man can know or understand,  unless the Father in Heaven grants it.  (i.e. no man in the flesh can tell you, unless of course Yahweh reveals this)

Could you give the verse where it says no man can know or understand? 

"I have written these things to you who believe in the name of the Son of God, so that you may know that you have eternal life"

No.  I don't know you,  and Yahweh I know.  He Says it clearly in His Spirit and in His Word.  Several Times.

If you want to know,  someone else will probably soon post it (within a day anyway),

or you can find it by a simple 30 second internet search.  (i.e. faster than I took to type this post,  faster than it took you to type your post and for me to reply,  you can find it,   Yahweh Willing....)  (without me doing anything that could be called cherry picking verses or a verse like you just did in your reply)

If there is a true obstacle for you and you cannot find out for some reason and no one posts it,  let me know.

• Oy Vey! 1

8 minutes ago, ⎝?esus?essiah-?he?ord⎠ said:

Ignorance. 

I hope you're not a missionary or minister. If someone asked you a question, you'd tell them to look elsewhere and give a long reason of why you're not going to.

Yes,  I recognize the thoughts you express from elsewhere.....  so I'm not worried at all what you say or what you think.   

If you want to know,  look it up , as I posted - it is simple and easy to find for everyone who is seeking the Truth.

• Oy Vey! 1

1 minute ago, Yowm said:

If it was good enough for Paul it is good enough for me. Only that person would know in his heart if he sincerely believes and if he is still in doubt he can cry out to the Lord, "Lord help my unbelief!".

Well stated. I did some research on the meaning of 'heart' in Hebrew and Greek, and found this explains it better: 

Greek(Heart): the heart; mind, character, inner self, will, intention, center. "the affective center of our being". volitional desire, choice. "the soul or mind, as it is the fountain and seat of the thoughts, passions, desires, appetites, affections, purposes, endeavors"

Hebrew(Heart): inner man, mind, will, heart. the inner man, indefinite, soul, comprehending mind, affections and will

Greek(Faith): faith, belief, trust, confidence; fidelity, faithfulness. is always a gift from God, and never something that can be produced by people(which is distinct from human belief (confidence)). God's divine persuasion. be persuaded, come to trust. 

Hebrew(Faith): faith, support. agreement, firm regulation. an allowance -- certain portion, sure.

• Thumbs Up 1