warrior12

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  54
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,369
  • Content Per Day:  0.87
  • Days Won:  0

The scripture verse below says, a man is tempted by his own lust and then enticed.   Is there any other way  that a man can and is tempted or influenced to do things that is not of his will.  Can satan and his minions play with a man mind and influence his thought pattern, that is a believer or a non-believer.   The verse prior states that God tempts no man and believers believe and knows that. But what about your real life experience with temptation as a whole.  This is a real life situation that the answer is known for sure, that is either you have had other entities affecting your thoughts and will or none at all and all your actions you can account for as your own volition.

James 1    King James Version (KJV)

14 But every man is tempted, when he is drawn away of his own lust, and enticed.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  26
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  9,602
  • Content Per Day:  4.02
  • Days Won:  21

It can be somewhat involuntary. What you see or watch can act as a mainline into your minds. Others can harass you to temptation and ones own proclivity for certain things, like ice cream or thick yummy clotted cream cakes...

Most any of our many senses can betray us at times... nevertheless, it's how we act in regards to these external or internal forces that decides whether we sin or not. We are responsible and have to understand this.

The world is full of scapegoats anymore and there is so much navel gazing and recrimination of others and outside forces to attempt to get us off the hook. They are all double-talk and psycho-babble. The buck stops fair and square in our laps for what we do.

Edited by Justin Adams
  • Thanks 1

• Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  185
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,204
  • Content Per Day:  3.35
  • Days Won:  30

It is not sin to have an unwanted thought.  It is when we entertain that thought that it might become sin.  

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Willa said:

It is not sin to have an unwanted thought.  It is when we entertain that thought that it might become sin.  

That is true.  Let me put it this way. There are things that i have been through that is just mind boggling and it seems like i am in my own world as the experience and battles with these things and they are not just thoughts.  To make it clear, i have never dabbled in any occult matters or anything from the dark side and i have read just about every book i can find about my encounters.   If i really give a description of my life and the trials, temptations, afflictions and comparing it with the bible, some things just don't add up.   I have kept my faith but only the Lord know how. I have witness the dark side of this world and it seemed to me that these incredible forces at work can do things that i feel violated as a christian, not that i blame God, i never have, but have asked many times, where are you and why allow this.   I had written more to explain, but have erased it as it would contain things of my personal life which i don't want to be on a forum. Even though you think this forum is anonymous, think again.  

• Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  69
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,453
  • Content Per Day:  0.54
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  09/23/1991

6 hours ago, warrior12 said:

Is there any other way  that a man can and is tempted or influenced to do things that is not of his will.  Can satan and his minions play with a man mind and influence his thought pattern, that is a believer or a non-believer.

Temptation is triggered by yourself or satan. Then stop thinking about things you should not, reject every kind of evil desire of the flesh. Do not even listen to it; in other words walk in Spirit.

"I say then: Walk in the Spirit, and you shall not fulfill the lust of the flesh." - Galatians 5:16

6 hours ago, warrior12 said:

But what about your real life experience with temptation as a whole.

I have learned that we must not accept to be defeated by temptation, remember we are winners in Christ. The flesh have no dominion over us anymore.

"Therefore do not let sin reign in your mortal body, that you should obey it in its lusts." - Romans 6:12

Temptation can be very dangerous, it can trap a believer into a conscious sin cycle.

You definitely need to ask the Lord to give what you need to be victorious over it: wisdom, self control, and love.

Once you have decided you do not want to get defeated by temptation, you then need to ask what you need to overcome it.

"But let him ask in faith, with no doubting, for he who doubts is like a wave of the sea driven and tossed by the wind.
For let not that man suppose that he will receive anything from the Lord;" - James 1:6-7

Love the Lord Jesus. Despise sin and the works of the flesh, which are a pure waste of time.

Anyway, those are things only He can help you with and once you have decided.

"If you then, being evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father who is in heaven give good things to those who ask Him!" - Matthew 7:11

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,989
  • Topics Per Day:  0.49
  • Content Count:  48,687
  • Content Per Day:  11.89
  • Days Won:  226

The Holy Spirit should fill a born again believer with a sense of danger when it comes to temptation. Satan and our own sinful flesh causes temptation. We flee at the first suggestion. It is not a sin unless we act on it.

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  593
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  55,868
  • Content Per Day:  7.55
  • Days Won:  271

2 hours ago, warrior12 said:

I had written more to explain, but have erased it as it would contain things of my personal life which i don't want to be on a forum. Even though you think this forum is anonymous, think again.  

I know from experience that the dark side reads this web site, and they do know who you are.

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  593
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  55,868
  • Content Per Day:  7.55
  • Days Won:  271

22 minutes ago, Davida said:

Were your ancestors involved in the occult, freemasonry, or witchcraft? Demonic spirit oppression or harassment can come from family lines -if so that might need to be dealt with.

I agree.

15 minutes ago, Davida said:

Were your ancestors involved in the occult, freemasonry, or witchcraft? Demonic spirit oppression or harassment can come from family lines -if so that might need to be dealt with.

I have looked into that and that has been ruled out as far as my parents go, beyond that i don't know.   There are a lot more going on here in this world that many, even believers know.  It is not just me, but i can see it also incorporated the society as a whole.   People don't want to talk about these things, but i know or should say believes others are affected by this and it is not necessarily a oppression, but could also be a battle that the Lord has allowed to come my way.  One of the reasons, i don't have trust in weapons ect, as i have been in battles that weapons would be of no use, though it is spiritual, it also translate in the the tangible world in the actions to.