• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  328
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  10/27/1957

In the Bible our Lord tells us to never forsake the Levite for as long as we live,
and that He has no part nor inheritance with us.

Who is the Levite within our gates?
What does it mean, we have no part nor inheritance with Him?

Take heed to thyself that thou forsake not the Levite as long as thou livest upon the earth.
Deuteronomy 12:19

And the Levite that is within thy gates; thou shalt not forsake Him;
for He hath no part nor inheritance with thee.

Deuteronomy 14:27

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  20

33 minutes ago, HarvestLabourer said:

In the Bible our Lord tells us to never forsake the Levite for as long as we live,

Have to go by all Scripture, and only by Scripture for this,  since man's ways are wrong, and are not God's Ways. 

Oh,  no Scripture,  not one Word of Yahweh , is wrong, nor ever will be - ALL SCRIPTURE IS PERFECT HARMONY as YAHWEH SPOKE and BREATHED HIS WORD,  FOREVER.

Numbers 25:13

And he shall have it, and his seed after him, even the covenant of an everlasting priesthood, because he was zealous for his God, and made an atonement for the children of Israel.’”
ASV
and it shall be unto him, and to his seed after him, the covenant of an everlasting priesthood; because he was jealous for his God, and made atonement for the children of Israel.
AMP
And it shall be for him and his descendants after him, a covenant of an everlasting priesthood, because he was jealous (impassioned) for [the unique honor and respect owed to] his God and made atonement for the sons of Israel.’”
And he shall have it, and his descendants after him, the covenant of an everlasting priesthood, because he was jealous for his God and made atonement for the Israelites.
BRG
And he shall have it, and his seed after him, even the covenant of an everlasting priesthood; because he was zealous for his God, and made an atonement for the children of Israel.
CSB
It will be a covenant of perpetual priesthood for him and his future descendants, because he was zealous for his God and made atonement for the Israelites.”
CEB
It will be for him and his descendants a covenant of permanent priesthood, because he was jealous for his God and sought reconciliation for the Israelites.
CJB
making a covenant with him and his descendants after him that the office of cohen will be theirs forever.’ This is because he was zealous on behalf of his God and made atonement for the people of Isra’el.”

MSG
God spoke to Moses: “Phinehas son of Eleazar, son of Aaron the priest, has stopped my anger against the People of Israel. Because he was as zealous for my honor as I myself am, I didn’t kill all the People of Israel in my zeal. So tell him that I am making a Covenant-of-Peace with him. He and his descendants are joined in a covenant of eternal priesthood, because he was zealous for his God and made atonement for the People of Israel.”

CEV
But instead of punishing them, I forgave them. So because of the loyalty that Phinehas showed, I solemnly promise that he and his descendants will always be my priests.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  185
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,224
  • Content Per Day:  3.34
  • Days Won:  30

The Levites were the priests in Israel.  They were not among the sons of Joseph whom God renamed Israel, so they had no land given to them as an inheritance in the Promised Land.  Tithes were given to them and to the temple to feed them and maintain the tabernacle and temple.  This was the Hebrew faith and doesn't refer to Christianity.   It is still a principal that we should share of our increase and not neglect our pastors.  They have bills to pay, too.

Guest shiloh357
On 11/12/2017 at 2:45 PM, HarvestLabourer said:

That only applied to ancient Israel.  Levi had no land inheritance and so had to find support among other tribes.

That has no application for the body of Jesus Christ, His Church.