IGNORED

Does anyone know a good book about the history of King James (of the bible)?

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  38
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  419
  • Content Per Day:  0.16
  • Days Won:  0

Just wondering if anyone could suggest a book about the author of The KJV?

There are many, and each likely slanted in favor of authors’ bias.  I can only offer some small tidbits of information based on my research.  I’m certain many will claim I’m a heretic or blasphemer for saying any of this... 

From a scriptural point of view, the KJV has a number of translation discrepancies that I’ve found, some significant.  Some were caused by King James due to his beliefs and arrogance.  For instance, the book of James should be called “Jacob,” but the King actually wanted his name in the Bible as well as on its title page so he “convinced” the translators to retitle it after his name.

Regarding his personal life, rather than reading a book just about him, I studied what others mentioned in writings and various records.  That said, he was often cautioned about his close relationships with other men but didn’t seem to care.  

There is much more to who he was, but just those two generalities caused me to not regard him or His commissioning of a bible that bears his name to be legitimate.  Too many people pay blind homage to him merely because his name appears on a bible.  No KJV reader would ever begin to believe there is anything negative in the history of King James or his personal bible translation...

My apologies to you or anyone if this is offensive, but truth is truth.  Good luck in your quest for knowledge and wisdom.

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  20

23 hours ago, notsolostsoul said:

Just wondering if anyone could suggest a book about the author of The KJV?

His Very Own Words:   (almost any translation will do) :  >>>>>>>  "The Bible" 

HE DELIGHTS to reveal the truth to infants, and to hide it from the educated......

HE WRITES IT PURE and HOLY in their (our) hearts.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  38
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  419
  • Content Per Day:  0.16
  • Days Won:  0

8 hours ago, GusWilby said:

There are many, and each likely slanted in favor of authors’ bias.  I can only offer some small tidbits of information based on my research.  I’m certain many will claim I’m a heretic or blasphemer for saying any of this... 

From a scriptural point of view, the KJV has a number of translation discrepancies that I’ve found, some significant.  Some were caused by King James due to his beliefs and arrogance.  For instance, the book of James should be called “Jacob,” but the King actually wanted his name in the Bible as well as on its title page so he “convinced” the translators to retitle it after his name.

Regarding his personal life, rather than reading a book just about him, I studied what others mentioned in writings and various records.  That said, he was often cautioned about his close relationships with other men but didn’t seem to care.  

There is much more to who he was, but just those two generalities caused me to not regard him or His commissioning of a bible that bears his name to be legitimate.  Too many people pay blind homage to him merely because his name appears on a bible.  No KJV reader would ever begin to believe there is anything negative in the history of King James or his personal bible translation...

My apologies to you or anyone if this is offensive, but truth is truth.  Good luck in your quest for knowledge and wisdom.

Thank you!!! I have heard some similarities from others who have studied the history. I was hoping that maybe there were references to him, personally. My inquires are because I seek the Truth.