Guest shiloh357

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.88
  • Content Count:  43,795
  • Content Per Day:  6.21
  • Days Won:  58

I notice in the news there are about a dozen folks who are being publically called out for old allegations of sexual harassment. The timing of all of these to me are suspicious. It includes celebrities, politicians, democrats, republicans. It makes me wonder why suddenly its in vogue to cry foul now. I have yet to see evidence for any of them. Except maybe weinstein. I admit I have not paid attention to the claims against him so I dont know.

• Group:  Royal Member *
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  91
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  10,596
  • Content Per Day:  3.69
  • Days Won:  25

21 hours ago, ayin jade said:

Wow signing a yearbook. Dude must be guilty then. 

Please, plenty of folks signed my yearbook yet managed not to grope me. Signing a yearbook doesnt make one guilty of sexual harassment. 

Nope, but it does mean Moore lied about not every talking to or knowing the girl.

• Group:  Royal Member *
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  91
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  10,596
  • Content Per Day:  3.69
  • Days Won:  25

21 hours ago, ayin jade said:

I notice in the news there are about a dozen folks who are being publically called out for old allegations of sexual harassment. The timing of all of these to me are suspicious. It includes celebrities, politicians, democrats, republicans. It makes me wonder why suddenly its in vogue to cry foul now. I have yet to see evidence for any of them. Except maybe weinstein. I admit I have not paid attention to the claims against him so I dont know.

I think that Weistein and O'Riley opened the floodgates as victims saw that for maybe the first time they could be successful in bringing these things to light.  There has been a culture in our country for decades where men with riches and power felt they were entitled to anything they wanted, to include any woman.   And for way too long they were getting away with it and their victims were keeping quiet as their lives were ruined if they tried to say anything. 

But the tide is turning and I say it is a good thing.  Hopefully from this point forward there will be fewer men doing these things as women will feel they finally have the power to stop it.