"But what if...."

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  95
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  117
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  0

Hi friends!  So I have noticed, this particular word sets me into a "frenzy", so to speak.  I'll be full of faith, but then I'll think "But what if" (insert negative thought here).  Have any of you dealt with this?  What has worked for you?  

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  26
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  9,604
  • Content Per Day:  3.98
  • Days Won:  21

If the question is to do with faith or belief or doctrine etc. Then go to the sources. The Holy Spirit is a great one for setting stuff straight whereas the adversary and the doctrines of men just confuse us with a plethora of contradictions.
If there is a question then God, not being a God of confusion, will get you in the right place to settle your mind. So I put aside the doctrines of men and go to the root language and even words to get it all figured out.
So few people can actually think for themselves anymore. But this I suggest would be a great start. Second-hand ideas are all over the place and as we become lazy we tend to grab the nearest 'feel good' ideas. They might be incorrect. So check out and study for yourself and see how that works for you.

Edited by Justin Adams

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  950
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,532
  • Content Per Day:  5.02
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

On 11/13/2017 at 8:09 AM, Tyler22 said:

Hi friends!  So I have noticed, this particular word sets me into a "frenzy", so to speak.  I'll be full of faith, but then I'll think "But what if" (insert negative thought here).  Have any of you dealt with this?  What has worked for you?  

Nope! I don't. How can I? God is carrying me through thick and thin, has from before the beginning of me, as I knew me to be.

Praise God, Maranatha!

Edited by Neighbor