• Topic Count:  176
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  870
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  01/22/1968

The Value and Importance of Jesus Christ

Bible Reading: Luke 1:26-25.

Introduction: Many people do not understand or appreciate the value of Jesus Christ to individuals and to the world. Many just enjoy the benefits of Jesus Christ without recognizing that He introduced them.

Question: What valuable things must we thank Jesus Christ for?

1. He created the universe, humans, earth and a life sustaining environment on earth. “All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.” John 1:3.

2. He holds the universe together. “He is before all things, and by him all things consist.” Colossians 1:17

3. He is ‘God manifest in the flesh’ (I Tim 3:16). ‘The word became flesh and dwelt among us’ John 1:18

4. He visited, comforted and protected Old Testament believers as God the Son. Daniel 3:25; Exodus 3:1-16

5. He saved Israel from Egypt’s & Assyria’s armies (Isaiah 36-38). He saves us from trouble if we ask him.

6. He died on the cross to pay the penalty for our sins and rose again to give us eternal life.

7. He gives us an example of a perfect, holy life to live by.

8. He satisfies the law, justice and love of God by dying for our sins and paying our sin debt to save us from hell. “Who delivered us from so great a death.” (2 Corinthians 1:10).

9. He gives us a loving, peaceful relationship with God. Rev.3:20, Ephesians 1:6.

10. He conquered death by rising from the dead. He will raise us from the dead.

11. He sets an example of humility, love and service for us to treat others.

12. He teaches us truth, wisdom and how to live peacefully on earth. “love your enemies”. Matthew 5:44

13. He teaches us how to love one another. “A new commandment I give unto you..” John 13:34,35.

14. He comforts us in trouble and provides a way of escape from our problems. I Corinthians 10:13.

15. He gives us local churches to help each other. “I will build my church.” Matthew 16:18.

17. He answers our prayers. “Hitherto have ye asked nothing in my name: ask, and ye shall receive, that your joy may be full.” John 16:24.

18. He promises to return to earth to remove evil and rule righteously. “And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also.” John 14:3

19. He sets us an example of being a soul winner, a worker for God and using our time wisely. John 3,4.

20. He spread the Old Testament law and prophets to the world by fulfilling many OT prophecies.

21. He gives us a peaceful society that practices love for enemies, love for each other, personal freedoms and the dignity of human life.

22. He gives equality of men and women. ‘why trouble ye her?’ Matthew 26:10; Mark 14:6.

23. He endorses monogamy. Matthew 5:32.

24. He gives the world a time line dating system to date the events of history into BC and AD years.

25. He inspired the New Testament.

26. He teaches us not to take personal revenge, but to show forgiveness. ‘right cheek..’ Matthew 5:39.

27. He instituted baptism and the Lord’s Supper. ‘this do in remembrance of me.’ Luke 22:19; M28:19

28. He shows the answer to every problem in life.

29. He taught us the Lord’s Prayer and many great parables like the Good Samaritan, the Prodigal Son.

30. He inspired the writing of many Christian books on many subjects.

31. He taught and clarified the Trinity of God. (Matthew 28:19).

32. He taught the reality of the spiritual war. ‘now shall the prince of this world be cast out.’ John 12:31

33. He taught rewards in heaven for Christian service. ‘great is your reward in heaven’ Matthew 5:12.

34. He inspired much great Christian music, compared to no music in Islam. ‘sung an hymn’ Matt. 26:30

35. He sent the Holy Spirit to indwell believers. ‘the Comforter .. I will send him unto you.’ John 16:7.

36. He removes the wall between Jews and Gentiles. ‘broken down the middle wall…’ Ephesians 2:14.

37. He gives us assurance of heaven. ‘I go to prepare a place for you.’ John 14:2.

38. We owe holidays of Sunday, Christmas and Easter to Jesus.

39. He approves free enterprise and rejects Communism. ‘thy pound hath gained ten pounds.’ Luke 9:16.

40. He teaches us to resolve conflicts peacefully by talking to the other person privately. Matthew 18:15.

Conclusion: Let us love, serve, understand and teach Jesus Christ and His ways.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  15
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,371
  • Content Per Day:  1.37
  • Days Won:  5

4 hours ago, KiwiChristian said:

14. He comforts us in trouble and provides a way of escape from our problems. I Corinthians 10:13.

The way of escape that is spoken of is through the Spirit....it is through walking by the Spirit and being led by Him.........rather than escaping problems and temptations in a physical way.........we just keep walking with the Lord and trusting and following Him, and soon find the issue has been put behind us in the past.  Like Jesus just walked through the crowd that wanted to lay hands on Him and push Him over a cliff......that is a physical living parable of our walk with the Lord.  This is why we are not to let our hearts be troubled......and wish I could say I have done that perfectly in my life, but I haven't.....though I have been learning and a lot less troubled than used to be, putting even a troubled heart behind and not nearly so troubled by evil reports now, thanks be to God.

15. He gives us local churches to help each other. “I will build my church.” Matthew 16:18.

More like He gives us His Body with divers parts.........most churches are not functioning as a Body, they are functioning as antichrist organizations with one man as the Head.......rather than Christ by His Spirit as Head.......so test them very carefully.

21. He gives us a peaceful society that practices love for enemies, love for each other, personal freedoms and the dignity of human life.

No, truly we are not promised a peaceful society to live in.......more like we are promised in this world ye shall have trouble..........just as Jesus did, and the early church.  We really have only experienced a whitewashed society for a time, but God has been exposing how troubled our society really is in recent times......filth and corruption from the top down, in every sphere, religious, political, cultural and it is getting much worse before He comes, as people cast off restraint.  It's with good reason God will judge the world.

• This is Worthy 1