IGNORED

Where is He that is Born King of the Jews? (Christmas Day) 

KiwiChristian

• Group:  Members *
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  176
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  870
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  01/22/1968

Where is He that is Born King of the Jews? (Christmas Day) 

Bible Reading: Matthew 2:1-23.

Aim: To understand Jesus as King and to worship Him as King. (B66:7)

Introduction: The first gentiles who came to see Jesus said that He was born King of the Jews. (Matt 2:2) So great is Jesus the King that He had a star to announce His birth. Jesus is not only King of the Jews, but He is God our Creator and Saviour Whom we must worship. Do you worship Jesus Christ as your King? I. What does the Bible Teach us about Jesus Christ as our King? 

1. King is Born. Matthew 2:2 ‘Where is he that is born King of the Jews?’

2. King is identified as Jehovah the King of Israel. ‘Thou art the King of Israel.’ John 1:49; ‘mine eyes have seen the King, Jehovah of hosts.’ Isaiah 6:5; ‘Jehovah the King of Israel.’ Isaiah 44:6. 

3. King came to Jerusalem fulfilling Zechariah 9:9 ‘Thy King cometh unto thee…riding upon an ass, and upon a colt the foal of an ass.’ (‘Thy King cometh, sitting on an ass’s colt.’ John 12:14,15). Daniel 9:25. 

4. King is Blessed. John 12:13 ‘Hosanna: Blessed is the King of Israel that cometh in the name of the Lord’ 

5. King Offered Himself as King to Israel. Luke 19:37,38.

6. King is Rejected by Israel’s leaders. Luke 19:39,40 ‘Pharisees said, Master, rebuke thy disciples.’ 

7. King is Crucified (‘Shall I crucify your King?’ John 19:14-16) & Cut off (‘Messiah cut off.’ Dan 9:26) 

8. King Collecting His Saints. Rev 15:3 ‘Thou King of saints.’; ‘One sat on the throne.’ Rev 4:1,2.

9. King Returning to Earth. Rev 19:11-16 ‘King of Kings.’ 

10. King Conquering world’s armies. Rev 17:12-14 ‘Lamb shall overcome them: for he is King of kings’

11. King Judging the Nations. Matthew 25:31-46 (34,40) ‘Then shall the King say unto them on his right’.

12. King Worshipped by all nations. Zechariah 14:9,16,17 ‘Jehovah shall be king over all the earth.’ (9).

II. How is Jesus Christ like a King? ‘These shall make war with the Lamb, and the Lamb shall overcome them: for he is Lord of lords, and King of kings:’ Revelation 17:14. 

1. Kings have great Qualifications, Knowledge, Wisdom and Authority. ‘In whom are hid all the treasures of wisdom & knowledge.’ Col 2:3; ‘Christ the power of God, & the wisdom of God.’ I Cor 1:24; 
2. Kings are Anointed. Samuel anointed Saul & David. ‘LORD hath anointed me to preach good tidings unto the meek;’ Isa 61:1; ‘thy God, hath anointed thee with the oil of gladness above thy fellows.’ Heb 1:9 

3. Kings have a Palace. Jesus left the Palace of heaven to come to earth as a man and to die for our sins. ‘In my Father's house are many mansions:’ John 14:2; ‘they shall enter into the king’s palace.’ Ps 45:13-15 

4. Kings have Great Attendants serving in their Courts and Dominions. Jesus Christ, our great King, was attended on by angels before, during & after His earthly life. ‘God was manifest in the flesh, seen of angels’ Angels ministered to Christ in: i) Predicted Christ’s birth to Mary (Luke 1:26-38); ii) Proclaimed Christ’s birth to shepherds (Luke 2:8-20). iii) Protected Christ as a baby from Herod (Matt 2:13-15); iv) Strengthened Christ during his trials in the wilderness (Matt 4:11); v) Defended Christ at his request (Matt 4:6; Ps 91:11); vi) Announced Christ’s resurrection (Luke 24:4-6); vii) Predicted Christ’s bodily return to earth (Acts 1:10,11); viii) Accompany Christ at the rapture (I Thess 4:16) and when He returns to earth (Matt 25:31); ix) Gather saved Israelites (Matt 24:31) and wicked offenders at His return (Matt 13:41); x) Worship Christ now in heaven (Rev 5:11,12), ‘Let all the angels of God worship Him.’ Heb 1:6 

5. Kings have great Power and Authority. ‘All power is given unto me…’ Matt 28:18; 24:30, Rev 19:6;

6. Kings have many Subjects that submit to their Power. i) Holy angels ‘ angels, authorities, powers being made subject to him.’ (I Peter 3:22); ii) Evil angels ‘ even the devils are subject unto us through thy name.’ (Luke 10:17). iii) Believers ‘church is subject to Christ.’ (Eph 5:24). iv) Winds, sea (Mt 8:26,27). 

7. Kings have Laws and Rules to Govern by. Jesus abolished the law of Moses (Eph 2:15) and replaced it with the new covenant law of Christ (NT). ‘fulfil the law of Christ.’ Gal 6:2; ‘Law of sp of life’ Rom 8:2.

8. Kings have Prerogatives to make Peace & War when they please. Jesus offered Himself as the Prince of peace at His first coming (Is 9:6); ‘on earth peace’ (Luk 2:14); ‘preaching peace by JC’ Ac10:36; ‘To proclaim the acceptable year of the LORD, and the day of vengeance of our God; to comfort all that mourn’ Isa 61:2. 

9. Kings send Ambassadors to proclaim their messages to foreign countries. Jesus sends 12,70, all saved. we are ambassadors for Christ, as tho God did beseech you by us: we pray you in Christ's stead,be ye reconciled to God 

10. Kings have a Crown, a Sceptre, a Throne. ‘To the Son he saith, Thy throne O God.’ Hebrews 1:8. 

11. Kings have Rights to receive petitions (Acts 7:59), pardon offenders (Matt 9:6), confer honour (I Tim 1:12), give commissions (Mark 16:15), receive tribute (Luke 8:3), storehouse of riches (Phil 4:19), praise well-doers (Matt 25:21 Well done). Do you worship Christ as King? 

Are you a faithful ambassador of Jesus Christ?