• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  596
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,043
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

1 hour ago, Blood Bought 1953 said:

For my money, I’ll go with Spaghetti-O’s straight from the can after it has been refrigerated a day or two....ummmmm.....

back in the early 1970's while in a Xerox school in Chicago five or six of us went out at night to get some pizza...   not having our cars there we had to walk....   Long story short we all got mugged at one time...    two guys with guns can easily mug five or six people at once....    and we had all our available cash on us so we had to make do for the two week school...   Didn't have credit cards back in those days....   I lived on Spaghetti-O's for two weeks and got quite fond of them.   Still have them one night a week.

• Brilliant! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.89
  • Days Won:  5

1 hour ago, other one said:

back in the early 1970's while in a Xerox school in Chicago five or six of us went out at night to get some pizza...   not having our cars there we had to walk....   Long story short we all got mugged at one time...    two guys with guns can easily mug five or six people at once....    and we had all our available cash on us so we had to make do for the two week school...   Didn't have credit cards back in those days....   I lived on Spaghetti-O's for two weeks and got quite fond of them.   Still have them one night a week.

Have you ever eaten them cold.....from the fridge? Yummy!

27 minutes ago, Blood Bought 1953 said:

Have you ever eaten them cold.....from the fridge? Yummy!

yes I have....    one of those really big cans is too much for one meal.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  277
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  03/23/1967

I have just one vital question about Christmas in the USA...who decided primary red and green look great together??? While each are wonderful colors individually...together???

On 11/24/2019 at 2:50 PM, Blood Bought 1953 said:

Apparently, you have been talking with my wife..... I always chase her from room to room with my mouth open trying to let her see how good it is! Perhaps I could take a selfie and share it here! Any takers ? Lol...

that might actually get you put on ignore for a month or two.

9 hours ago, D-Dawn said:

I have just one vital question about Christmas in the USA...who decided primary red and green look great together??? While each are wonderful colors individually...together???

I have been told that Santa's look was a very early Coca-Cola commercial

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  136
  • Content Count:  2,488
  • Content Per Day:  1.42

Just now, other one said:

I have been told that Santa's look was a very early Coca-Cola commercial

Red and green are contrasting colors, contrasting colors are used to gain attention, and are often used in merchandizing products. Sports teams also frequently use contrasting colors as they are easier to spot especially in a team dynamic, so for example orange and Blue are a popular pairing. Split complimentary color patterns also have the same effect, although more subtle, (Think Maize and Blue of U Of M) and allow for a third color of equal contrast to be incorporated in the design. Split complimentary colors are the two adjacent colors on the color wheel to the contrasting color. There is quite a science to color. An example of split complimentary on the following color wheel would be something like a shade of green with a shade of red violet, and red orange. One of these split compliments being the accent color. Again, the color selection is just a marketing tool. 

353427111_color-wheel11.gif.fa4e80c9f86648e80c0f7b161e540fd6.gif

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,731
  • Content Per Day:  3.57
  • Days Won:  12

On 11/15/2017 at 6:35 PM, John Robinson said:

I'm kind of surprised it hasn't started yet; it's as much of a holiday tradition at Worthy as eggnog! :D

The important thing to remember is that, whatever we do, it should be done to honour, glorify and please the Lord.  It needs to be what he wants, done in his way, led by the Holy Spirit.

What mandate has God given, in the Bible, to celebrate the Lord's birthday?  Answer: none.

Where has he told us how and when he wants us to celebrate the Lord's birthday?  Answer: he has not.

What is the root of the celebration held at this time of year?  Answer: it is pagan.

When was the Lord most likely born?  Answer: the Passover lamb was a type of Christ, and we know the time of year in which the lambs were born.  It seems most likely, therefore (although this is not absolute proof) that the Lord was born, died and rose again, in the Spring.

What about the name of this festival, "Christmas"?  Answer: it is a corruption of Christ Mass.  This joins the name of our Lord with the blasphemy of the Roman Catholic Mass!  In case anyone doubts this, there was a Roman Catholic at my work and he used to send an e-mail at this time of year, saying, "Happy Christ-Mass...".

What about all the symbolism (Yule log, evergreen tree, fairy lights, mistletoe, etc.)?  Answer: it is all pagan.

What about the world (i.e. unbelievers), do they celebrate this festival?  Answer: yes they do, with gusto!  They treat it as an excuse for gluttony, drunkenness and debauchery, which leads us to the fruit of this festival.

The root is pagan and fruit is...?  Answer: there are more suicides at this time of year than any other; many professing Christians practise drunkenness and gluttony, who would not normally; depression is rife; many prayer meetings stop; the services are carol sandwiches; evangelism dries up to a large extent; sentimentality rears up its head; children are taught about "Santa" (who bears a remarkable resemblance to the false god Bacchus), etc, etc.

So, why would any godly Christian want to "celebrate" this pagan festival?  The only reasonable excuse I can think of is ignorance.  Many Christians simply don't know much about it; but the rest, well, I wonder what they would say to the Lord, if they stood before him and he asked them to give an account of why they "celebrated" it?

Edited by David1701
typo

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  183
  • Content Per Day:  0.09

Yes, the deceptive "mass of Christ".