IGNORED

Who do you think negotiates the treaty in Daniel 9:27?

Psalms37:4

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  20
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  569
  • Content Per Day:  0.23
  • Days Won:  0

Most people believe the a/c is the one who will confirm the covenant in Daniel 9:27, and I agree with that. 

I'm interested in hearing what you guys have to say about this. But first, let's talk about who the person is who's working on a peace treaty between Israel and the Palestinians. This would be Donald Trump, however I don't think any of us believe Trump is the a/c or the person spoken of in Daniel 9:27. There could be some but I don't think Trump is the a/c.

Not looking for a debate. Just wanna hear other people's view. Is Donald Trump the one fulfilling Daniel 9:27 in the future if he successfully brokers a deal.

Daniel 9:27 New King James Version (NKJV)

27 Then he shall confirm a covenant with many for one week;
But in the middle of the week
He shall bring an end to sacrifice and offering.
And on the wing of abominations shall be one who makes desolate,
Even until the consummation, which is determined,
Is poured out on the desolate.”

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  50
  • Content Count:  3,727
  • Content Per Day:  1.05
  • Days Won:  5

1 hour ago, Psalms37:4 said:

Most people believe the a/c is the one who will confirm the covenant in Daniel 9:27, and I agree with that. 

I'm interested in hearing what you guys have to say about this. But first, let's talk about who the person is who's working on a peace treaty between Israel and the Palestinians. This would be Donald Trump, however I don't think any of us believe Trump is the a/c or the person spoken of in Daniel 9:27. There could be some but I don't think Trump is the a/c.

Not looking for a debate. Just wanna hear other people's view. Is Donald Trump the one fulfilling Daniel 9:27 in the future if he successfully brokers a deal.

Daniel 9:27 New King James Version (NKJV)

27 Then he shall confirm a covenant with many for one week;
But in the middle of the week
He shall bring an end to sacrifice and offering.
And on the wing of abominations shall be one who makes desolate,
Even until the consummation, which is determined,
Is poured out on the desolate.”

Hi Psalms

Daniel 9:27   And he shall confirm the covenant with many for one week: and in the midst of the week he shall cause the sacrifice and the oblation to cease, and for the overspreading of abominations he shall make it desolate, even until the consummation, and that determined shall be poured upon the desolate.

This is my two cents.

The "he" that confirms the covenant is not the A/C, but Christ himself.  In the middle of that week Christ was crucified, ....no more animal sacrifices or offerings to God required now, because the ultimate sacrifice has just been made which was Christ.

Christ came preaching the new covenant, not the old.  The other half of the week his apostles took over with the preaching.

• Thumbs Up 3

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  907
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Birthday:  07/07/1866

I agree sister except for the last sentence, I think we have the last 3 1/2 still in front of us

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  1,957
  • Content Per Day:  0.57

It is the Lord who confirms the covenant that He has with Israel

He will do this at the beginning of the 70th week decreed for the nation still pending

.... it is the other prince who will come to desecrate and destroy

The KJV has a "colon" after the Lord's action .... the balance is about the prince who will come .... the antichrist  

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  907
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Birthday:  07/07/1866

What covenant is the Lord going to confirm 

10 hours ago, Sister said:

Hi Psalms

Daniel 9:27   And he shall confirm the covenant with many for one week: and in the midst of the week he shall cause the sacrifice and the oblation to cease, and for the overspreading of abominations he shall make it desolate, even until the consummation, and that determined shall be poured upon the desolate.

This is my two cents.

The "he" that confirms the covenant is not the A/C, but Christ himself.  In the middle of that week Christ was crucified, ....no more animal sacrifices or offerings to God required now, because the ultimate sacrifice has just been made which was Christ.

Christ came preaching the new covenant, not the old.  The other half of the week his apostles took over with the preaching.

Thanks for sharing your view Sister. I have heard others with a similar take as yours.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  344
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,393
  • Content Per Day:  2.70
  • Days Won:  1

I'm going to take a stab at the possibility. It appears the Antichrist (AC) confirms a covenant. I take that as affirming something previously negotiated and approved with Israel. Although it's still possible the AC makes his own covenant. I think the former is most probable though.

Trump does speak great words of what he wants to accomplish and has an ambitious agenda. However, his agenda is aimed solely for America and not so much globally. I do believe he is a patriot and wants to protect our national sovereignty. To top that off, it's evident the AC will be a great oratorical speaker and eloquent in speech. Clearly this isn't Trump's strong suite. So no, I don't believe Trump is a candidate for the beast. In addition, no one will know who this 'Beast' is until he confirms a covenant with Israel for seven years. On an aside; scripture does not say that we can not figure out whom the False Prophet is. 

Given the convergence of all end-time prophecy coming together like a woman with birth pangs, I suggest were in the very last days before the tribulation. Based on what this current Pope (Jesuit Francis) is saying, doing and accomplishing??? Based on the things that have already lined up in scripture, with the advent of everything there in Syria, and a new Iranian military base 30 miles North of Israel's border, and Ezekiel 38: - 39: that could occur at anytime. And the soon to come destruction of Damascus, Syria in one day... If it's not this Pope it might be the next? BTW, it's pretty clear from scripture the FP will be from the Vatican in my opinion.

So, does anyone remember when Benjamin Netanyahu visited Trump at the White House a number of months ago? Trump is a personal friend with Netanyahu and I believe BB trusts Trump. Do you remember the press coverage on TV with Trump and Netanyahu standing behind separate podiums and talking about their discussions? Go back and view that video coverage, and look at Trumps face when Netanyahu said something Trump wasn't expecting. It seems Netanyahu might have let the cat out of the bag. If Trump and Netanyahu haven't made a solid agreement Israel will accept already, which I believe they have, they are so very close. 

The previous eight year administration of our Muslim president was hostile to Israel, Obummer insulted Netanyahu every way possible. From suddenly leaving him in the office and going to dinner with his family, to propping up his feet on his desk while formally talking to Netanyahu ( that's akin to a Muslim throwing his shoes at you, an insult to the Jew). 

This administration is friendly and supportive to Israel, and like I stated previously, both are long time friends. If my hermeneutic view is correct, I don't see Trump being in office for eight years?I think things are going to start in earnest before seven more years. But then again, my opinions change based on time and events occurring.

How does all this line up with y'alls thoughts???

Edited by Dennis1209
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • This is Worthy 1

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,989
  • Topics Per Day:  0.49
  • Content Count:  48,687
  • Content Per Day:  11.89
  • Days Won:  226

The Antichrist.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  66
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,599
  • Content Per Day:  2.00
  • Days Won:  2

Honestly I don't think Dan 9:26 is speaking of the Roman Empire, as I have heard over the years. The people of the prince who will come destroy the city and the sanctuary. "He" in Dan 9:27 is the prince of those people from Dan 9:26. The 'he' has to be the one who is not only the prince of the people in Dan 9:26, but also must be the one who confirms the covenant, stops the sacrifice, commits desolating abominations, right to the end (I'm assuming the end of the age is the meaning of 'consummation').

Messiah is not the subject of the passage beginning in v 24, the Jewish people are the subject and what will occur in the nation over time. Then the prince who commits the A of D and the people who destroy the city can be seen as the ones in Jerusalem right to the end. 

So the 'he' is the beast.

• Thumbs Up 1

8 hours ago, Dennis1209 said:

I'm going to take a stab at the possibility. It appears the Antichrist (AC) confirms a covenant. I take that as affirming something previously negotiated and approved with Israel. Although it's still possible the AC makes his own covenant. I think the former is most probable though.

That is exactly how I see it shaping up from all the news. Trump negotiates the peace agreement between Israel, Palestinians and the entire Sunni Arab Muslim world (a regional peace with many) then later the a/c confirms (acknowledge) the deal with many in the Arab world.

It's likely Saudi Arabia, Egypt, Jordan and the gulf states will be pushing the a/c to accept the deal too, and confirm it with many.

Saudis told Abbas to accept Trump peace plan or resign — report

https://www.timesofisrael.com/saudis-told-abbas-to-accept-trump-peace-plan-or-resign-report/

8 hours ago, Dennis1209 said:

Trump does speak great words of what he wants to accomplish and has an ambitious agenda. However, his agenda is aimed solely for America and not so much globally. I do believe he is a patriot and wants to protect our national sovereignty. To top that off, it's evident the AC will be a great oratorical speaker and eloquent in speech. Clearly this isn't Trump's strong suite. So no, I don't believe Trump is a candidate for the beast. In addition, no one will know who this 'Beast' is until he confirms a covenant with Israel for seven years. On an aside; scripture does not say that we can not figure out whom the False Prophet is. 

Given the convergence of all end-time prophecy coming together like a woman with birth pangs, I suggest were in the very last days before the tribulation. Based on what this current Pope (Jesuit Francis) is saying, doing and accomplishing??? Based on the things that have already lined up in scripture, with the advent of everything there in Syria, and a new Iranian military base 30 miles North of Israel's border, and Ezekiel 38: - 39: that could occur at anytime. And the soon to come destruction of Damascus, Syria in one day... If it's not this Pope it might be the next? BTW, it's pretty clear from scripture the FP will be from the Vatican in my opinion.

So, does anyone remember when Benjamin Netanyahu visited Trump at the White House a number of months ago? Trump is a personal friend with Netanyahu and I believe BB trusts Trump. Do you remember the press coverage on TV with Trump and Netanyahu standing behind separate podiums and talking about their discussions? Go back and view that video coverage, and look at Trumps face when Netanyahu said something Trump wasn't expecting. It seems Netanyahu might have let the cat out of the bag. If Trump and Netanyahu haven't made a solid agreement Israel will accept already, which I believe they have, they are so very close. 

The previous eight year administration of our Muslim president was hostile to Israel, Obummer insulted Netanyahu every way possible. From suddenly leaving him in the office and going to dinner with his family, to propping up his feet on his desk while formally talking to Netanyahu ( that's akin to a Muslim throwing his shoes at you, an insult to the Jew). 

This administration is friendly and supportive to Israel, and like I stated previously, both are long time friends. If my hermeneutic view is correct, I don't see Trump being in office for eight years?I think things are going to start in earnest before seven more years. But then again, my opinions change based on time and events occurring.

How does all this line up with y'alls thoughts???

Well said Dennis. I saw and remember the Netanyahu / Trump press conference back in June. Netanyahu was about as happy as a kid in a candy store after having to deal with Obama who was clearly pro Iran more than Israel. I kept thinking while watching the conference, Netanyahu must of thought he went to political heaven having Trump on his side, the most pro Israel President in history after having to wrestle with Obama for eight years. 

• Thumbs Up 2