IGNORED

Who do you think negotiates the treaty in Daniel 9:27?

Psalms37:4

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  20
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  569
  • Content Per Day:  0.23
  • Days Won:  0

16 minutes ago, Diaste said:

Honestly I don't think Dan 9:26 is speaking of the Roman Empire, as I have heard over the years. The people of the prince who will come destroy the city and the sanctuary. "He" in Dan 9:27 is the prince of those people from Dan 9:26. The 'he' has to be the one who is not only the prince of the people in Dan 9:26, but also must be the one who confirms the covenant, stops the sacrifice, commits desolating abominations, right to the end (I'm assuming the end of the age is the meaning of 'consummation').

Messiah is not the subject of the passage beginning in v 24, the Jewish people are the subject and what will occur in the nation over time. Then the prince who commits the A of D and the people who destroy the city can be seen as the ones in Jerusalem right to the end. 

So the 'he' is the beast.

Agreed.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  84
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  4,011
  • Content Per Day:  1.13
  • Days Won:  4

22 hours ago, Sister said:

Daniel 9:27   And he shall confirm the covenant with many for one week: and in the midst of the week he shall cause the sacrifice and the oblation to cease, and for the overspreading of abominations he shall make it desolate, even until the consummation, and that determined shall be poured upon the desolate.

This is my two cents.

The "he" that confirms the covenant is not the A/C, but Christ himself.  In the middle of that week Christ was crucified, ....no more animal sacrifices or offerings to God required now, because the ultimate sacrifice has just been made which was Christ.

Christ came preaching the new covenant, not the old.  The other half of the week his apostles took over with the preaching.

I tend to look at it that way as well, Sister.  I don't think there's a future seven-year time frame in prophecy simply because it lacks corroboration.  What we do have is several 1260 day (42 month, 3.5 years) references.  I can't find a workable chronology where two of them run consecutive to make 2520 days (7 years) so I think 1260, 1290, 1335, 42 months, and 3.5 years all run concurrently within the 1335 days.

15 hours ago, ENOCH2010 said:

I agree sister except for the last sentence, I think we have the last 3 1/2 still in front of us

I think this is possible, especially given the 1260 days that the fleeing Israelis are protected.  I personally see the ministry of the two witnesses as finishing the confirming of the new covenant with them during that time.

In the same way that the fourth kingdom was "interrupted" to allow for all the nations of the world to be blessed through the seed of Abraham (the times of the Gentiles), so also the final week (seven years) was interrupted in the middle.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  266
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,190
  • Content Per Day:  3.50
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

7 hours ago, Last Daze said:

What we do have is several 1260 day (42 month, 3.5 years) references.  I can't find a workable chronology where two of them run consecutive to make 2520 days (7 years) so I think 1260, 1290, 1335, 42 months, and 3.5 years all run concurrently within the 1335 days.

Hi Last Daze,

I have been working on those numbers and will post them in my blog sometime soon. May also start a thread on them too. Be interested in your comments, bro.

Marilyn.

• Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  347
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,448
  • Content Per Day:  2.70
  • Days Won:  1

I think most you folks here would agree we're in the end-times, or last days if you will? I haven't heard many speculations or discussion on the following, so what do y'all think?

If in fact we are living and witnessing the end-times, pretty much all the organization of it has to be in place or in the works I would think. To be brief, I'm not going into detail but I see a convergence of everything prophetic in place or shaping up and ready to be acted upon.

I've been brought up, taught and studied that the Antichrist will most likely be the leader of a (European Union), or confederation of European nation states. I still believe that to be the case. Specifically, what role do you think the "UN Secretary General" and the United Nations are going to play? Could the UN Secretary General be a position the Antichrist also holds? 

The Bible says 'ALL' nations will come against Israel. By what means and organization do you collect all nations? In addition, it was said the world was against Israel when the UN passed a resolution condemning Israel for occupying Palestinian land about a year ago.

What role do you suspect the UNSG and UN will play?

10 minutes ago, Marilyn C said:

Hi Last Daze,

I have been working on those numbers and will post them in my blog sometime soon. May also start a thread on them too. Be interested in your comments, bro.

Marilyn.

Hi Marilyn,

I'm a little confused about Last Daze question, evidently you understand it. You guys discussing the arithmetic of 1260 + 1260 not adding up? If so, I had the same problem with the numbers, and my inquiries leads me to think it might be for the judgment of the nations and setting up the millennial Kingdom. Am I off base with my understanding of the question and my thoughts?

• Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  266
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,190
  • Content Per Day:  3.50
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

19 minutes ago, Dennis1209 said:

Hi Marilyn,

I'm a little confused about Last Daze question, evidently you understand it. You guys discussing the arithmetic of 1260 + 1260 not adding up? If so, I had the same problem with the numbers, and my inquiries leads me to think it might be for the judgment of the nations and setting up the millennial Kingdom. Am I off base with my understanding of the question and my thoughts?

Hi Dennis,

Yes it did sound like that. However I was thinking of other numbers in God`s word - 2,300 days, 1,290 etc. And yes I also believe as you do that the extra time is for the judgment of the nations and the setting up of the millennial kingdom.

Hope you will comment on my blog coming up - `The tribulation Calendar.` I have made it simple & straightforward just using the numbers God has given, plus the relevant months and their meanings for the events. And finally I`ve given the dates I believe they will all happen with the Jewish calendar and our corresponding dates.

regards, Marilyn.

4 minutes ago, Marilyn C said:

Hi Dennis,

Yes it did sound like that. However I was thinking of other numbers in God`s word - 2,300 days, 1,290 etc. And yes I also believe as you do that the extra time is for the judgment of the nations and the setting up of the millennial kingdom.

Hope you will comment on my blog coming up - `The tribulation Calendar.` I have made it simple & straightforward just using the numbers God has given, plus the relevant months and their meanings for the events. And finally I`ve given the dates I believe they will all happen with the Jewish calendar and our corresponding dates.

regards, Marilyn.

Looking forward to it, thanks Marilyn.

• Thumbs Up 1

34 minutes ago, Dennis1209 said:

I think most you folks here would agree we're in the end-times, or last days if you will? I haven't heard many speculations or discussion on the following, so what do y'all think?

If in fact we are living and witnessing the end-times, pretty much all the organization of it has to be in place or in the works I would think. To be brief, I'm not going into detail but I see a convergence of everything prophetic in place or shaping up and ready to be acted upon.

I've been brought up, taught and studied that the Antichrist will most likely be the leader of a (European Union), or confederation of European nation states. I still believe that to be the case. Specifically, what role do you think the "UN Secretary General" and the United Nations are going to play? Could the UN Secretary General be a position the Antichrist also holds? 

The Bible says 'ALL' nations will come against Israel. By what means and organization do you collect all nations? In addition, it was said the world was against Israel when the UN passed a resolution condemning Israel for occupying Palestinian land about a year ago.

What role do you suspect the UNSG and UN will play?

I don't know why you see Europe as significant unless it stems from the 80s idea of a ten nation revived Roman empire.  That's a whole different subject.  Concerning the U.N. I think it fulfills the prophecy of the feet of iron and clay, the final world kingdom.  Daniel 7 says that "out of this kingdom, ten kings will arise".  We know that the ten kings will destroy the world's capital during their hour of power.  I see that as the end of the U.N. as the world enters a time of war and rumors of war leading to the miraculous rise of the man of sin.  So, the role of the UN, as I see it, is a mechanism to covertly facilitate the agenda of the ten kings, i.e. globalism, free trade, mass immigration, etc.  Once the 10 have positioned themselves where they want to be then it's "good-bye" to the UN, and hello world dictator.

54 minutes ago, Marilyn C said:

Hi Last Daze,

Marilyn.

Okay, let me know when you do, Marilyn.

• Thumbs Up 1

15 minutes ago, Last Daze said:

I don't know why you see Europe as significant unless it stems from the 80s idea of a ten nation revived Roman empire.  That's a whole different subject.  Concerning the U.N. I think it fulfills the prophecy of the feet of iron and clay, the final world kingdom.  Daniel 7 says that "out of this kingdom, ten kings will arise".  We know that the ten kings will destroy the world's capital during their hour of power.  I see that as the end of the U.N. as the world enters a time of war and rumors of war leading to the miraculous rise of the man of sin.  So, the role of the UN, as I see it, is a mechanism to covertly facilitate the agenda of the ten kings, i.e. globalism, free trade, mass immigration, etc.  Once the 10 have positioned themselves where they want to be then it's "good-bye" to the UN, and hello world dictator.

Yeah, I can visualize something along those lines as things are playing out. As far as the 80's idea of a ten nation revived Roman empire, yeah, my idea of that goes well before the 80's. I think Hal Lindsay's book "The Late Great Planet Earth" came out in 1973 or so. That was my long time held belief of a ten nation European Confederation, and I think it's still somewhat plausible. However, my thinking has changed the more I study and research and get older. Based on what and how the Antichrist is going to do, I'm now leaning towards something that was established a few decades ago, the ten global economic zones. Awhile back I read what they were all about and their mission and applied it to the end-time Antichrist. This looks like the ideal vehicle to get control of the global trade and global economies. 

Only God knows for sure, I'm just a watchman on the wall trying to figure out what I'm seeing according to scripture.

• Thumbs Up 1