Trying to keep my eyes on Jesus

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

I have been struggling with this for quite a number of months, actually about two years.  I was really happy to meet someone who I have been with for the past 15 years, who loves going to church and discussing the Bible.  However, about 2 years ago someone new popped up at our church, and since then I have observed unsettling behavior from her, and from my boyfriend.  I often catch then glancing at each other.  And I know, what exactly does that mean? right? I kept trying to tell myself it's just me, I'm making it into more than what it is.. but.. it's a constant thing.. and I've also observed her purposefully trying to gain his attention... It's been unsettling because it's been going on for a while now, she knows that my boyfriend and I have been together(still are together), my boyfriend keeps talking about our future together but doesn't stop the behavior, and I feel like I've done all I can to search and question myself going so far as seeking counseling, thinking it's me.. I've even gone so far as to outright ask my beau if there is something going on (and as any man would do I suspect, he said no)  but I'm feeling like is it going to take me confronting her?? This is Church!!! not a school yard or a club... CHURCH.. I really wish someone else would say to me or slip me a note at least, that they see it too.. but the older women love her because she drives them to church, the other congregants love her cause she cooks for the church.. I feel like I am bested at all sides and am really hurt by this.  I am feeling like I am slipping down a rabbit hole that honestly I don't want to go down.. I just want Jesus, I just want to be in a relationship with Jesus as the core and honesty at the helm.  I have thought of approaching our pastor friend, but he's friends with her too and like usual, I don't want to come off looking like a paranoid, jealous obsessed person, I just want truth and closure to this.. what do I do?? 

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  41
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  726
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  12/30/1974

I think you should confront your boyfriend and let him know how it makes you feel that he is doing this.  Maybe he needs to attend everyman's battle.  And as Yowm pointed out. There are a lot of red flags with and maybe you should look at those.