• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  84
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  3,987
  • Content Per Day:  1.13
  • Days Won:  4

8 minutes ago, unworthydude said:

I found this passage in 1 Enoch 6:7-8 that's talking about the fallen angels and says, "These are their chiefs of tens."...

And these are the names of their leaders: Samiazaz, their leader, Arakiba, Rameel, Kokabiel, Tamiel, Ramiel, Danel, ezeqeel, Baraqijal, Asael, Armaros, Batarel, Ananel, Zaqiel, Samsapeel, Satarel, Turel, Jomjael, Sariel. 8These are their chiefs of tens.

I wonder if the seven angels in the abyss will also rule over a ten of lower angels? Just a thought.

I think that one of them will.  The precedent for such a hierarchy can be seen in Daniel 10.

• But the prince of the kingdom of Persia was withstanding me for twenty-one days; then behold, Michael, one of the chief princes, came to help me, for I had been left there with the kings of Persia.   Daniel 10:13

There is a reference to both the prince of Persia and the kings (plural) of Persia.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 2 weeks later...

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  105
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0

I just wanted to share here what I posted elsewhere on the millennial question and how it relates to the fallen angels.

The amillennial point of view vs the premillenial view is easily solved by allowing the vast majority of old testament prophets to speak and interpret the earthly scenario that is yet to play out. There is no need to completely obfuscate their meanings but rather what is needed is to understand them.

First, it must be understood that God described cities to represent either sides of the spiritual war. Some were prophetically pejorative in nature (Isa 1:10, Rev 11:8), while God's own city was heralded prophetically although not meant for them at the time that it was written (Isa 52:1, Psa 135:21). Understanding that biblical theology will help in this regard.

In Ezek 38:2, the "chief prince" behind Gog and Magog is the long awaited dragon's false messiah (Ezek 38:17). Rev 17:8 tells us that he comes out of the underworld. Whatever we think about him, we know that Satan owns the world's nations (John 12:31, 14:30, 16:11) and is a chief prince of angels (Rev 12:7, Lk 11:15-18, Eph 2:2).

So, when Christ comes back and it says in Rev 20:8 that Satan will be loosed again to the four corners of Gog and Magog it is referring to the worldy nations still given to him that are under his control (Mat 4:8-9). Ezek and Rev are two different events, both revealing the transitional trials and purges carried out by God. It is not referring to the historic Gog and Magog but is a reminder or pointer to the same assailant and spiritual king of Ezek 38 who still owns the land or earth until Christ puts him under his feet (1 Cor 15:24-25).

In the same way, this anti-christ is also called the Assyrian (Isa 14:25, 31:8) and the king of Babylon at the same time (Isa 14:4). He is the ruler behind the nations.

Edited by unworthydude
  • Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  84
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  3,987
  • Content Per Day:  1.13
  • Days Won:  4

6 hours ago, unworthydude said:

In the same way, this anti-christ is also called the Assyrian (Isa 14:25, 31:8) and the king of Babylon at the same time (Isa 14:4). He is the ruler behind the nations.

The prophets knew what was going on behind the scenes and often spoke of the spiritual "cause" and its natural "effect" as though they were the same, because they were . . . in essence.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  105
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0

3 hours ago, Last Daze said:

The prophets knew what was going on behind the scenes and often spoke of the spiritual "cause" and its natural "effect" as though they were the same, because they were . . . in essence.

Yes! There is such a big picture playing out. Israel wanted a king other than their true king so God is going to give a Satanic king to them in full strength (1Sa 8:18). Especially after they murdered their true Son king, I believe when Satan entered Judas to betray Jesus for them, it showed that they have as their king the fallen angel. This is also shown in verses like Rev 2:9, 3:9. They have a covenant with death or to him who has the power of death (Heb_2:14, Isa 22:15-18, 1Co_15:26). The king of the dead and his underworld horde will come upon them in conquest as their messiah king figure (Dan 8:11). Look at Isa 22, at how the "strong man" (Mat 12:29), Satan figuratively named Shebna, their current peg or ruler, will be removed when Christ, figuratively named Eliakim the more sure peg is installed...

Isaiah 22:15-25  Thus says the Lord GOD of hosts, “Come, go to this steward, to Shebna, who is over the household, and say to him:  (16)  What have you to do here, and whom have you here, that you have cut out here a tomb for yourself, you who cut out a tomb on the height and carve a dwelling for yourself in the rock?  (17)  Behold, the LORD will hurl you away violently, O you strong man. He will seize firm hold on you  (18)  and whirl you around and around, and throw you like a ball into a wide land. There you shall die, and there shall be your glorious chariots, you shame of your master's house.  (19)  I will thrust you from your office, and you will be pulled down from your station.  (20)  In that day I will call my servant Eliakim the son of Hilkiah,  (21)  and I will clothe him with your robe, and will bind your sash on him, and will commit your authority to his hand. And he shall be a father to the inhabitants of Jerusalem and to the house of Judah.  (22)  And I will place on his shoulder the key of the house of David. He shall open, and none shall shut; and he shall shut, and none shall open.  (23)  And I will fasten him like a peg in a secure place, and he will become a throne of honor to his father's house.  (24)  And they will hang on him the whole honor of his father's house, the offspring and issue, every small vessel, from the cups to all the flagons.  (25)  In that day, declares the LORD of hosts, the peg that was fastened in a secure place will give way, and it will be cut down and fall, and the load that was on it will be cut off, for the LORD has spoken.”

Edited by unworthydude
  • Thumbs Up 1