IGNORED

is it HARD to READ.... EXCESSIVE ....capitalization?

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  951
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,565
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

11 minutes ago, Justin Adams said:

It is interesting how some SHOUT and some sleeeeepppp.................. with dots and such.

I find long posts not only cause my mind and eyes to wander but often I completely miss the point.

I have observed that some think they know what you are saying and answer accordingly - before completely reading all you have said. This is a pity - it is like the hind-brain takes over at the first perceived 'error' and the fight or flight instinct takes charge.  Sine they are not going to run, they bash, and bash and take each line and re-quote. And bash, and bash.

Oh no. They are not bashful at all about bashing.

Hi,

I plead guilty to lengthy posts. I just often have little time to compress them. My bad, so to type.

I do try to,  like an old time newspaper article, make the point right up front then tell why I made the point, then review the point made.

Really appreciate your reference to "fight or flight", with one's right side of the brain out in front of the left.

"Brain balance" is an issue I am becoming familiar with in the young of today. Amazing to see the  training that can and does correct that problem. Reference Balance

See:

Disconnected Kids: The Groundbreaking Brain Balance Program for Children with Autism, ADHD, Dyslexia, and Other Neurological Disorders
Book by Robert Melillo
  • Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  200
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Days Won:  0

I think those new to on-line chat dialog may not know that all capitalization in a discussion is the same as screaming. Though I'll post a word now and then in caps, as in WOOT! I love JESUS!

I didn't know when I first got on a computer this dialog rule about caps. I thought it was intended to be helpful to those with eyesight issues for whom small font may be an issue. 

Related image

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  57
  • Topic Count:  1,546
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  10,320
  • Content Per Day:  1.41
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  11/05/1951

On 11/19/2017 at 12:14 PM, TickledPinkinChristWoot! said:

I think those new to on-line chat dialog may not know that all capitalization in a discussion is the same as screaming. Though I'll post a word now and then in caps, as in WOOT! I love JESUS!

I didn't know when I first got on a computer this dialog rule about caps. I thought it was intended to be helpful to those with eyesight issues for whom small font may be an issue. 

Related image

A thing there is, that all caps, don't make it easier to read for a lot of people, it is harder to read and lacks expression. If vision is an issue, people can alter font settings, of zoom in to get larger fonts that way. For example, on my windows computer, a CTRL and  plus sign, or a CTRL and a minus sign, zoom the screen in and out. There are also little magifying applications, that magnify  the screen where the cursor goes.

Also, in the Windows Control Panel, there is an ease of access section, that lets you alter settings to me things easier to read/see.

IF YOU ARE CONSTANTLY DOING THIS (ALL CAPS), EVERYTHING LOOKS AS THOUGH YOU INTEND EVERY WORD YOU SAY TO BE UNDERSTOOD WITH EQUAL IMPORTANCE, instead of being able to draw attention to things you think are MOST important.

So yeah, the online community has developed certain kinds of etiquette. Because of the lack of facial expressions, body language, tone of voice, etc, it is too easy to be mis-understood. This is why there are emoticons (people have begun to refer to them as emojis) so that you can communicate things like a wink, to indicate that it is in fun, kidding, not intended as an insult, etc.

Welcome Tickled! :mglisten:

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  200
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Days Won:  0

5 minutes ago, Omegaman 3.0 said:

A thing there is, that all caps, don't make it easier to read for a lot of people, it is harder to read and lacks expression. If vision is an issue, people can alter font settings, of zoom in to get larger fonts that way. For example, on my windows computer, a CTRL and  plus sing, or a CTRL and a minus sign, zoom the screen in and out.

IF YOU ARE CONSTANTLY DOING THIS (ALL CAPS), EVERYTHING LOOKS AS THOUGH YOU INTEND EVERY WORD YOU SAY TO BE UNDERSTOOD WITH EQUAL IMPORTANCE, instead of being able to draw attention to things you think are MOST important.

So yeah, the online community has developed certain kinds of etiquette. Because of the lack of facial expressions, body language, tone of voice, etc, it is too easy to be mis-understood. This is why there are emoticons (people have begun to refer to them as emojis) so that you can communicate things like a wink, to indicate that it is in fun, kidding, not intended as an insult, etc.

Welcome Tickled! :mglisten:

Thank you. :)

That is a very good point you're making as well brother. Well put.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  596
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,098
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

Just don't use this color if you expect me to read it....

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.11
  • Days Won:  78

14 hours ago, Justin Adams said:

It is interesting how some SHOUT and some sleeeeepppp.................. with dots and such.

I find long posts not only cause my mind and eyes to wander but often I completely miss the point.

I have observed that some think they know what you are saying and answer accordingly - before completely reading all you have said. This is a pity - it is like the hind-brain takes over at the first perceived 'error' and the fight or flight instinct takes charge.  Sine they are not going to run, they bash, and bash and take each line and re-quote. And bash, and bash.

Oh no. They are not bashful at all about bashing.

The use of a lot of caps, or all caps, is the equivalent of shouting when posting on the web.  The long, long posts lose me too because I am a great believer in' make a point and then stop'.  Wordy is boring and it does lose most people.

• Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,247
  • Content Per Day:  0.97
  • Days Won:  1

I have as yet figured out how to post several quotes from different pages, and keep them in some order. I have tried  the quote + feature. So I copy/paste a quote.   Quote" It is not only the small letters but the color of the font."     Many could not distinguish a quoted comment from my comment, so I make quoted dialog in dark black, my dialog in dark blue, to make it obvious who's who. As my eyes have lost their youth, and been operated on a few times to increase ability, I picked the two colors easiest to discern for me, assuming that worked for those who still had normal vision. Apologies if the blue is a distraction, as I was more concerned to make my post understandable. Not draw attention away from the subject matter.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  65
  • Topic Count:  105
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  3,568
  • Content Per Day:  1.39
  • Days Won:  7

On 11/19/2017 at 7:02 AM, Justin Adams said:

Hi Justin, I think it is amazing how easily we do miss out on what others say just in life, in general.  :)

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  65
  • Topic Count:  105
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  3,568
  • Content Per Day:  1.39
  • Days Won:  7

On 11/19/2017 at 5:35 AM, Neighbor said:

So please, don't let  comments from me  become a hinderance  to  anyone's freer spirit and artistic impulse! I just am sharing that I  personally have trouble reading for comprehension  messages that look like they  are pasted together

Hey Neighbor,

I appreciate you sharing your thoughts. It is good to hear from one another, and have a place where we can feel free to share. 

Hope you have a great week :)

Blessings :)

• Followers:  24
  • Topic Count:  40
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,459
  • Content Per Day:  0.60
  • Days Won:  2

11 hours ago, MorningGlory said:

The long, long posts lose me too because I am a great believer in' make a point and then stop'.  Wordy is boring and it does lose most people.

My posts probably drive you nuts then. :)