• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  82
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  602
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Days Won:  0

Thank you Deb, 

I called Deb from Northwest ministries. Im so glad I did! She said my concerns were legitimate and she understands. I told her the facts, which are the things I've personally seen, and I tried to stay away from talking about the youth minister's character. I did say some things he has done, like lost his temper with his children and wife at church. I told her that I would just like to see him reading his Bible and growing in Christ. We are concerned about him. And concerned about the children he is teaching.

She had lots of advice for me, and she told me to be courageous. She shared a lot of scripture, one of them being how iron sharpens iron. I shouldn't be afraid of how they take it because I will telling the truth in love. So she advised we talk to our senior pastor and see what he has to say about this. 

I still have a lot of doubts like who am I to come in there and tell them how to do their job? What if Im just stirring up conflict and strife? What if they see me as a drama maker? I feel like I've already complained too much and this would be seen as a campaign to ruin the youth pastor. And what if this is the enemy wanting me to stir up trouble and divide the church?

I know it seems silly but these are my concerns. Deb helped me with these thoughts by using scripture. I just have to keep using it. 

I better get going. Thank you everyone for praying for me. I feel like Im making such a big deal about this.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  86
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  6,828
  • Content Per Day:  2.43
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  11/10/1986

Don't forget that Jesus made a whip and drove people out of the temple! Don't let fear of drama stop you from doing what you must! Praying for God's strength on you!

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  82
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  602
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Days Won:  0

I got the opportunity yesterday before church to casually bring up the topic with the youth pastor himself. He was talking to my husband and I. He had a toy with him that was used for marvel comic night. I laughed and asked him "where was Jesus in all that? :)" and he said "the lesson was about how we all wear masks and we need Jesus" or something like that. I told him that I was honestly concerned that God wasn't being glorified. He said they've had a few kids believe in Jesus and other kids are bringing their friends because of these fun theme nights.

I mentioned Disney Frozen themes awana night, he wasn't sure what I was talking about, but I reminded him it was on the calander. I asked him if he knew what the movie was about (he does because his wife does parties as elsa for people as a side business), I asked him how witchcraft and magic glorified Jesus? He said it brings the kids in and gets them excited. 

So I guess, his belief is anything that gets them in. Because just the Gospel isn't good enough. 

He said we will be doing pacman night coming up, with neon colors and dark lights etc.

I felt a little bad because he was getting uncomfortable and sort of walked away. But it was mostly lighthearted. At least he knows how some of us feel about it. Hopefully he takes it to heart...but he probably won't. Hes had complaints and suggestions before and hasn't changed in his 10 years of ministry.

He will be putting on another Christian rave event soon. Its an event where the teens dance with blacklights and rap music etc. Its very secular. I went to one last year that was at the ministry i volunteer at, I felt like leaving. I put on a Christian rap song and the kiss stopped dancing. I was such a stick in the mud. But I wasn't the only one. 2 other workers were just standing there with me not dancing.

I think I just need to distance myself from all this.