• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  940
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,412
  • Content Per Day:  5.02
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

Texas is a might huge place for sure. I can't imagine that within it there are no good bodies of Christ to attend and to fellowship  and worship and learn.

There must be  I would think hundreds if not  a few thousand. Now granted their leaders may not be  totally appreciated by everyone, but to think there re no good churches nor any pastor/ elder/ teacher orth sitting before  an listening?  I think that cannot be.

And though I follow no man, I sure learn from many , even average ones that are called  by the Holy Spirit to encourage the saints and lead in teaching and worship of Jesus.

So Texans, and others if you wish to join in who is from Texas that  is a pastor teacher elder evangelist, or what churches and/or institutions that share of Christ are at that huge State Texas?

Am I correct to  think  of these few as being of or from Texas? Some living, some retired, or deceased, include:

Chuck Swindoll -Insight For Living

Robert Jeffress- Ist Baptist Church of Dallas 

Nathan Jones- Lamban dLion Ministries

David Reagan- Lamb and Lion Ministries

James Robison

T D Jakes

John Hagee

Max Lucado

C. A. Criswell - First Bapist Church of Dallas

Zola Levitt - Zola Levitt Ministries

Todd Baker Dallas (and  Israel)

Jeff Seif

J. Vernon Mcgee

Dallas Theological Seminary ( Of old anyway) Zola was most upset by their seeming embracing of replacement theology in more recent years as I remenber it.

Baylor university

TCU

Seems to me one must be able to find Christ being celebrated and worshipped at Texas easily  enough. 

My own Sweet Texas Peach, my bride worshipped with a group of six that were faithful to worship, share, learn, pray,  and  fellowship, way  out in the extreme rural area, past  the edge of earth itself, at Texas. They were blessed in their local body of Christ. They love each other!

PLease if you know of additional  places and persons that  are in some way associated as Texans add them to the list of possible influences on places of worship and institutions  at Texas even today.

Thanks

Oh lets not berate one or another of those that may be listed.   I just want to get a better idea of just how many possibilities might there be at Texas. Thanks.

• Thanks 1

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.40
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

T D Jakes

John Hagee

Well on that list neighbor these are the only TWO I have heard of.

TD jakes , are you serious neighbor.   THE guy aligns himself WITH OPRAH WIMPHREY NEW AGE GODDESS.

the conversation is now closed.     Maybe Davida can find a good church for me.  Cause if you cant discern that man.  then you surely cannot even begin to point one in my direction.

• This is Worthy 1
  • Oy Vey! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,989
  • Topics Per Day:  0.49
  • Content Count:  48,687
  • Content Per Day:  11.89
  • Days Won:  226

I would not support T.D. Jakes or John Hagee.

• Thumbs Up 1

Didn't ask anybody to "support"any of these men. I just asked if there are bodies of Christ in Texas and/or pastors or Christian institutions.

I actually asked  that  none be rated nor berated, but lot's of luck with that one I guess eh? LOL.

My cyber acquaintance here that wishes me  and I  presume others to go about uprooting churches and their leadership suggests they cannot find and never have been able to find a  Christian church in all of Texas where they are from that worships God properly.  So I got curious, could it be there are no Christian churches in all of Texas? No proper bodies of Christ at all? Then I remembered the story of Dr. E.V. Hill a very poor child from rural Texas, and how he came to be a rather enthusiastic pastor and a central figure while he was alive. He left Texas and became a pastor at Los Angeles. And then it dawned on me my friend Zola was of course based out of Texas, and it went on from there. Now, I don't know many pastors, evangelists, nor institutions of Christianity, yet I could quickly type  out the small list I made. without concerning myself about the relative merits of any of them, just that some exist.

I am sure there must be others too, and that some here know of at least some of them or the places of worship that might be an encouragement to the idea that thee are local bodies of Christ as well as Institutions that celebrate Christ Jesus at Texas. The idea being to encourage anyone at Texas that has not yet found a local group of Christians  to fellowship with, that there really might be those fellow saints out there, that they just  need to ask of the Holy Spirit to lead them to  such a group, and then get up and go seek them out as brothers and sisters to rejoice in their company and encouragement.

My own bride, born and raised in Texas, and staying there till I snatched her away, after paying due respect at The Alamo, found Christians in the cities along the Gulf and at the Mexican border and in the rural place where I found her,  just a few miles beyond the  known and mapped edge of earth.

I thought Texas was big just driving across it a few times. Then I actually traveled some of it with my bride, wow it is big  and so varied in terrain. I loved the journey along the Rio Frio, and the little town Fredericksburg that houses the Nimitz museum, what a treasure that museum is.  Can't imagine God has just passed Texas by and not led any to Christ there nor provided pastors and entire bodies of Christ there except for the one my bride was  involved in. She tells me there are others too.

So I am reassured, that if one looks prays and actually gets up and goes, they should find saints with whom to rejoice in the Lord Jesus with  every day; even at  and maybe especially at Texas.

Despite my cyber acquaintance declaring the subject closed, I will still like to hear from anyone familiar with Texas and it's Christian institutions, places of worship, and yes even  it's pastors elders teachers and evangelists to add to the few that this old New Englander even knows about.

Edited by Neighbor

7 hours ago, Yowm said:

Ugh, being from Calif., if I want to visit Texas I have to apply for a passport. LOL

Ha, yes. Well so many that were of California now reside in Texas, it is amazing. Why our group lost an an entire factory to Texas from California.

Yet California still gets more and more clogged with population coming in from even worse places  on the Pacific Rim and of course to the South.

Why even I am  a bouncing ball so to speak. New England to California to Floridah to California  and back to Floridah . I am about to add Tennessee or North Carolina too; favoring North Carolina because it is easier for me to spell than is Tennessee.

Ya know if we ask,  or even if we don't I suppose, God the Father  will send us,  via the lead of the Holy Spirit, and He will send us to  his Son's church too. But, if we resist and sit on our hands we won't get to raise them in praise along with fellow saints. Well I don't actually physically raise them as often  as I bow in my appreciation,  but that's for another thread. Spouse does though!

Edited by Neighbor

10 hours ago, frienduff thaylorde said:

T D Jakes

John Hagee

Well on that list neighbor these are the only TWO I have heard of.

TD jakes , are you serious neighbor.   THE guy aligns himself WITH OPRAH WIMPHREY NEW AGE GODDESS.

the conversation is now closed.     Maybe Davida can find a good church for me.  Cause if you cant discern that man.  then you surely cannot even begin to point one in my direction.

Hi, I deliberately included some that I have little  to no real appreciation of  knowing that some others may, and since my purpose is not to discern but to list opportunities. Opportunity includes opportunity to reject as well as accept. God led me to a few place s to reject, I suspect just so I would grow in my own discernment. It is God that is sovereign. He will lead if there is prayer to be led. And, in some cases He will drag if leading is not sufficient enough enticement. Why I have received more than 9,400 miles of such dragging and leading by God to bodies of Christ.  

Edited by Neighbor

9 hours ago, Neighbor said:

Hi, I deliberately included some that I have little  to no real appreciation of  knowing that some others may, and since my purpose is not to discern but to list opportunities. Opportunity includes opportunity to reject as well as accept. God led me to a few place s to reject, I suspect just so I would grow in my own discernment. It is God that is sovereign. He will lead if there is prayer to be led. And, in some cases He will drag if leading is not sufficient enough enticement. Why I have received more than 9,400 miles of such dragging and leading by God to bodies of Christ.  

That makes no sense.   IF you know they false , you have to warn against them,   not bring them on a list .  

Paul , jude , Christ warned against false ones , not to go ahead and sit under one and see.  God don't tempt us .   We get tested by afflictions and so on.

But God nor the apostels would ever have brought false names into a group and not even warn about them.

Neighbor , bring ONLY the ones you KNOW are teaching good sound doctrine.    And I don't even buy the GOD LED you into false places , 

NO ,  you led you n their.  GOD GOT YOU OUT .  stop acting like God uses false prophets etc for our good somehow.    I have seen other places you say things like this.

You have to stop things like this.    We cant purposefully lead others into false teachers.   Now that you know this,     know this also,  you are responsible

for others , IF you lead them to false ones , THAT is on you.   so stop bringing false ones , JUST bring the ones YOU think are valid. 

3 hours ago, frienduff thaylorde said:

That makes no sense.   IF you know they false , you have to warn against them,   not bring them on a list .  

Paul , jude , Christ warned against false ones , not to go ahead and sit under one and see.  God don't tempt us .   We get tested by afflictions and so on.

But God nor the apostels would ever have brought false names into a group and not even warn about them.

Neighbor , bring ONLY the ones you KNOW are teaching good sound doctrine.    And I don't even buy the GOD LED you into false places , 

NO ,  you led you n their.  GOD GOT YOU OUT .  stop acting like God uses false prophets etc for our good somehow.    I have seen other places you say things like this.

You have to stop things like this.    We cant purposefully lead others into false teachers.   Now that you know this,     know this also,  you are responsible

for others , IF you lead them to false ones , THAT is on you.   so stop bringing false ones , JUST bring the ones YOU think are valid. 

My testimony is my testimony.  God used almost every tv big haired preacher and their puffy sleeved sweatered wives, a black and white hotel tv, one Gideon Bible, 150 hotel rooms in need of refurbishing, a wild man blacksmith type newly born again brother in law, after  the deaths of two  family members changed my responsibilities my own  suicide contemplation, an angel, an another tv preacher, and the Holy Spirit, all to make me turn about and repent. But hey if that doesn't meet your cookie cutter standard for coming to salvation  I guess I am not saved, and really don't want to be. For I am absolutely in awe of the God that put me through all that! He did it all  to answer the prayers of my grandmother for my salvation  some thirty years earlier.

As for me I'll take that call to repentance very seriously and I'll continue to be secure in the mercy and grace of God in my worship of Jesus who is God Lord and my savior.

I'll be happy , you can be wallowing in your discontent for now if you insist. Nonetheless  I say there are churches at Texas, with  Christians as members all praising God. I know I married one just recently.  If a Texan will pray for leading by the Holy Spirit they will find themselves in one or moved to where there is one.  Praise God He does not fail  his own.

Edited by Neighbor

1 hour ago, Neighbor said:

My testimony is my testimony.  God used almost every tv big haired preacher and their puffy sleeved sweatered wives, a black and white hotel tv, one Gideon Bible, 150 hotel rooms in need of refurbishing, a wild man blacksmith type newly born again brother in law, after  the deaths of two  family members changed my responsibilities my own  suicide contemplation, an angel, an another tv preacher, and the Holy Spirit, all to make me turn about and repent. But hey if that doesn't meet your cookie cutter standard for coming to salvation  I guess I am not saved, and really don't want to be. For I am absolutely in awe of the God that put me through all that! He did it all  to answer the prayers of my grandmother for my salvation  some thirty years earlier.

As for me I'll take that call to repentance very seriously and I'll continue to be secure in the mercy and grace of God in my worship of Jesus who is God Lord and my savior.

I'll be happy , you can be wallowing in your discontent for now if you insist. Nonetheless  I say there are churches at Texas, with  Christians as members all praising God. I know I married one just recently.  If a Texan will pray for leading by the Holy Spirit they will find themselves in one or moved to where there is one.  Praise God He does not fail  his own.

My testimony is my testimony

Not saying you.  but you would be amazed at how many have so many wordly testimonies about how they came to Christ.  the scary thing is they aint following him now.

You would be amazed at what sounds like great testominies and man they friendly as the day is long , but they aint even following Christ.

My point is neighbor, you don't seem to have a good discernment.  and you cant put the blame on me ,  you go about this in such a odd way.  What on earth

are you thinking bringing false ones on.   That alone tells me your discernment is not yet well seasoned at the very least .   Some good advice

from this doom and gloomer,   get back into the bible for a good long while.  

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.26
  • Days Won:  115

Nobody knows the life and circumstances of how one came to know God, so lighten up on the passive aggressive statements and condemnation of others.  We are all on an journey back to the Father and not one person is walking down the path of another.  Some come to Him as a child and never experienced hardship.  Others experienced so much hardship I have a hard time understanding how they can ever believe in God, but they do.  Who are we to judge another persons testimony.  If you don't want to accept what is being said, pass it by.  There just may be someone else who needs to hear it.

Until we can know all as He knows, we need to back up and let the Spirit work.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Huh?  I don't get it. 1