• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  940
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,412
  • Content Per Day:  5.02
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

That's okay, frienduff thaylorde, I bet we can still find you a congregation somewhere  in Texas. If not we will just have to get you a passport  and a California visa. Can send you to a lot of good  places there. Course you  do get stuck living in California in the bargain. Ha! ( And I bet you thought there as no purgatory)

Edited by Neighbor

• Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,204
  • Content Per Day:  0.97
  • Days Won:  1

On 11/17/2017 at 8:04 PM, Neighbor said:

Texas is a might huge place for sure. I can't imagine that within it there are no good bodies of Christ to attend and to fellowship  and worship and learn.

There must be  I would think hundreds if not  a few thousand. Now granted their leaders may not be  totally appreciated by everyone, but to think there re no good churches nor any pastor/ elder/ teacher orth sitting before  an listening?  I think that cannot be.

This is a strange thread. I'm from Texas. This is the second time about  bible believing churches in Texas. On another thread, you recommended to frienduff to move to your state, Florida, to find a decent church. I do not know any numbers, but I would venture (like you said) there are thousands of bible preaching churches in Texas. NONE are perfect. If they were, they wouldn't be after frienduff joined. Or myself. I do not know where he lives. If he is actually looking for a church to SERVE, he could find one. Or ask here on this forum, in his home town.  If he cannot find one, move. Unless being part of a local body has no importance. I notice lately many comments, encouraging leaving the "old traditional, man designed" churches. They have survived for thousands of years. Bible believing. Being part of a local body is work, and not all self serving. But it can be a blessing too. It is what you make it. Or not.

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  940
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,412
  • Content Per Day:  5.02
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

12 hours ago, Gary Lee said:

This is a strange thread. I'm from Texas. This is the second time about  bible believing churches in Texas. On another thread, you recommended to frienduff to move to your state, Florida, to find a decent church. I do not know any numbers, but I would venture (like you said) there are thousands of bible preaching churches in Texas. NONE are perfect. If they were, they wouldn't be after frienduff joined. Or myself. I do not know where he lives. If he is actually looking for a church to SERVE, he could find one. Or ask here on this forum, in his home town.  If he cannot find one, move. Unless being part of a local body has no importance. I notice lately many comments, encouraging leaving the "old traditional, man designed" churches. They have survived for thousands of years. Bible believing. Being part of a local body is work, and not all self serving. But it can be a blessing too. It is what you make it. Or not.

My Worthy cyber acquaintance and friend, frienduffthaylorde has taken it upon himself to  try to get me to go help him get all those bad preachers out "there"out of the pulpits. And to get me straightened out in the process. He has told me he has never found a church that  is Biblical and that he is from Texas.  We have some fun bantering and conversation. My brother says he loves me, and I appreciate him too.  Hey I can use someone praying for me, even if they cannot so much as find a church. LOL

I have been curious about Texas, and  I confess to also having a bit of fun with my friend over Texas, as big as it is, not having a Bible teaching church that he can attend and stomach the pastors/teachers therein.

My wife is of course from Texas. She had a very close association with her very small rural church of about six people and so appreciated the fellowship. We met by way of Zola Levitt Ministries Christian message board (Texas based).  My journey's into and through Texas these past couple of years have been a wonderful learning experience. I kinda like Texas myself. Really enjoyed the hill country, it is so much like my native New Hampshire.

Used to think Texas was one big ugly place also called "Interstate 10", that took me two days to cross as I went from California to Florida. Whether it be by car truck or plane, Texas has always represented a pain to me as I go from coast to coast,getting stuck at Dallas/Fort Worth a few times, stuck in Dallas  city, stuck at San Antonio with a broken VW Van,. Anyway always stuck in Texas, never had chance to just see it; until my bride shared of it. She being  Texas born raised and resident until I grabbed her away to this subtropic heat we call Floridah. Oh I didn't recommend moving to Floridah, wouldn't do that to anybody. I did say I knew alot of very good congregations at California, but that he will need a passport and a California visa.

As a general guideline when reading my ramblings; I have a quirky humor, maybe a bit dry, and certainly gets a little obtuse. It is not for everyone, kind of like green olives with  red pimento. Makes one ask, why? Why would anyone do that, olive and pimento, really?

------------

" churches. They have survived for thousands of years. Bible believing. Being part of a local body is work, and not all self serving. But it can be a blessing too. It is what you make it. Or not."

Yep, partner, or is it pilgrim? I'll ask my wife who is also teaching me to wear my hat properly, and never inside. Guess what? An old dog can learn a new trick or two. Ayuh, yuhp, shuanuff.

Edited by Neighbor