Need prayer & encouragement for this situation

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  6
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

The past couple of weeks since my car engine died I have been struggling with finding a replacement vehicle which I need for work because I'm always driving to a new location. A friend of mine was supposed to have a car ready for me at his shop but it needs more repairs and won't be ready anytime soon then on top of that I purchased a van from a private owner using all the money that I had left and found out afterwards that the transmission is dying. After the bad news me and my wife reached out to a family friend who was willing to take the van and a payment in exchange for a car that he has been trying to sell but getting a hold of him has been near impossible so it seems to me like he is no longer interested in selling us the cars that he has. I know that God is allowing us to go through this for a reason it's just really hard because my wife has been battling depression lately and this has been putting her over the edge I am trying my hardest to stay strong for her and trust in God that he will provide for us at the time that we need, it's just been very difficult with each day passing by and one attempt after the other fails in regards to getting a new vehicle. Should I stop trying to find a car and wait it out or should I continue? I know God wants me to rely on Him, I just don't know if me trying to find a car is relying on myself instead of Him.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  186
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,228
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  30

Welcome to Worthy, J.   God always stretches my faith by not coming through till the last possible minute.  So my advice is to wait on Him.  You have done all you know to do.  

Is you wife a believer?  I just don't know how to pray for her except that God give her the peace that passes understanding and He take away her fear with His perfect love.  In Christ's Name, Amen.

• Thumbs Up 1

Thank you for your tetimony. She is in the faith and she is broken. She's a type A personality and has a hard time giving up control in situations. She has come to realize this and admitted it when we prayed together asking God to help her. So i see that even through this i can see that his purpose is being fulfilled before my very eyes. I just want strength to stand firm & stay encouraged. Your comment bout God not coming through until the last second really put things in perspective. God bless you

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  86
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  6,864
  • Content Per Day:  2.42
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  11/10/1986

Praying for you!

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  32
  • Topic Count:  475
  • Topics Per Day:  0.17
  • Content Count:  6,557
  • Content Per Day:  2.28
  • Days Won:  9

Praying you get a car very soon. 

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.11
  • Days Won:  78

Praying for you and your wife; may the Lord help you in your time of need.  And welcome to Worthy.

• Followers:  52
  • Topic Count:  1,016
  • Topics Per Day:  0.15
  • Content Count:  12,291
  • Content Per Day:  1.79
  • Days Won:  92

On 11/17/2017 at 7:35 PM, Jburley said:

The past couple of weeks since my car engine died I have been struggling with finding a replacement vehicle which I need for work because I'm always driving to a new location. A friend of mine was supposed to have a car ready for me at his shop but it needs more repairs and won't be ready anytime soon then on top of that I purchased a van from a private owner using all the money that I had left and found out afterwards that the transmission is dying. After the bad news me and my wife reached out to a family friend who was willing to take the van and a payment in exchange for a car that he has been trying to sell but getting a hold of him has been near impossible so it seems to me like he is no longer interested in selling us the cars that he has. I know that God is allowing us to go through this for a reason it's just really hard because my wife has been battling depression lately and this has been putting her over the edge I am trying my hardest to stay strong for her and trust in God that he will provide for us at the time that we need, it's just been very difficult with each day passing by and one attempt after the other fails in regards to getting a new vehicle. Should I stop trying to find a car and wait it out or should I continue? I know God wants me to rely on Him, I just don't know if me trying to find a car is relying on myself instead of Him.

I think it's ok for you to continue to try to find a car.   The Lord give you and your wife peace in this situation.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 4 months later...

praise report, all is well we were blessed with a replacement in the most unlikely way.