heretoeternity

• Group:  Seventh Day Adventist
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  480
  • Content Per Day:  0.16
  • Days Won:  0

Wow..it's against the law to feed the homeless in Florida, and the cops are serious about it

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/90-year-old-man-2-pastors-charged-with-feeding-homeless-in-florida/

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.41
  • Days Won:  20

Yes,  several other states also,  starting a few years ago coast to coast, south to north.

They arrested some pastors for giving a sandwich to someone homeless,  and a lot of similar happenings due to "new laws" and strict enforcement 'when they want to'.

Likewise taking homeless people in , living more than one or two families together has been a chargeable crime in many cities,

and many many other laws passed in the last 50 years in strong widespread attempts to break families up and always to prevent Christians from living like Jesus says.

Search for homelessness online, see what has been happening in the "land of the free" ....

make copies, as they often get censored on the internet/ television news....

The Laws Cities Use To Make Homelessness a Crime

Apr 30, 2017 - A new law gives police new power and wide discretion to arrest the most ... For example, in 33 of the 100 U.S. cities they studied, it's illegal to ...

All the Ways Homeless People Can Be Arrested and Jailed in Houston ...

www.houstonpress.com/.../all-the-ways-homeless-people-can-be-arrested-and-jailed-i...
Apr 24, 2017 - It's tough being homeless—and not violating the city's laws about where ... see in this picture—Spencer Stevens's home—is illegal in Houston.

Is Giving Food to the Homeless Illegal in Your City Too? – Mother Jones

www.motherjones.com/.../90-year-old-florida-veteran-arrested-feeding-homeless-ban...
Nov 13, 2014 - An October report by the National Coalition for the Homeless found that ... In Orlando in 2011, more than 20 activists got arrested while ladling ...

More Cities Are Making It Illegal To Hand Out Food To The Homeless ...

Oct 22, 2014 - If you don't have a place to live, getting enough to eat clearly may be a struggle. And since homelessness in the U.S. isn't going away and is ...

"'(The) city has been searching for a solution to its homeless problem for several years. Fort Lauderdale Mayor Jack Seiler told WFOR in 2012 that the city has been trying to clean up Stranahan Park, which has become a haven for dozens of homeless men and women during the day. The park is adjacent to the county's main library. "Families don't feel safe, people going to the library don't feel safe, people wanting to use public resources don't feel safe," Seiler told the station. "It's gone too far."'

It is not against the law to feed the homeless in the State of Florida. That is a lie and you should be ashamed of yourself for lying on a Christian site, IMO. Don't bother to reply to me, cuz' once you tell a lie, I have no ear for what you have to say!!!

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,491
  • Content Per Day:  0.55
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  02/02/1971

3 hours ago, Rick_Parker said:

"'(The) city has been searching for a solution to its homeless problem for several years. Fort Lauderdale Mayor Jack Seiler told WFOR in 2012 that the city has been trying to clean up Stranahan Park, which has become a haven for dozens of homeless men and women during the day. The park is adjacent to the county's main library. "Families don't feel safe, people going to the library don't feel safe, people wanting to use public resources don't feel safe," Seiler told the station. "It's gone too far."'

It is not against the law to feed the homeless in the State of Florida. That is a lie and you should be ashamed of yourself for lying on a Christian site, IMO. Don't bother to reply to me, cuz' once you tell a lie, I have no ear for what you have to say!!!

"Police arrested homeless advocate Arnold Abbot and ministers Dwayne Black and Mark Sims on Sunday as they handed out food to homeless people in a Fort Lauderdale park. The city ordinance took effect Friday."

arrested as in broke the law, where is the lie?  I doubt you can find a person who has not lied so I guess you listen to no one?

Guest shiloh357
3 hours ago, Rick_Parker said:

I don't see where he lied...

Remember Jesus said basically,  there will be so many laws made that no one can keep them all,

and they will enforce them simply as they want to,  for their own purposes (not good).

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.14
  • Days Won:  78

15 minutes ago, simplejeff said:

Remember Jesus said basically,  there will be so many laws made that no one can keep them all,

and they will enforce them simply as they want to,  for their own purposes (not good).

Where is the passage in which Jesus said that?  I don't remember it.

36 minutes ago, shiloh357 said:

I don't see where he lied...

“... it is against the law to feed the homeless in Florida” is the lie. It may be against the law in Fort Lauderdale, but not in the State of Florida. By the way, not everyone lies on a Christian site, which is where I said the lie occurred (this is a Christian site, is it not?) so yes, I listen to more people than I ignore. Some people need to learn how to comprehend what they read, whosever they may be.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,989
  • Topics Per Day:  0.49
  • Content Count:  48,687
  • Content Per Day:  11.89
  • Days Won:  226

It looks like a person has to have a permit to feed the homeless in Florida or they will be fined.

http://www.sacbee.com/news/nation-world/national/article125306029.html