Debp

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  52
  • Topic Count:  1,010
  • Topics Per Day:  0.15
  • Content Count:  12,205
  • Content Per Day:  1.79
  • Days Won:  92

Has anyone heard of this cult?  Yolanda (who we are praying for in the prayer section), her husband left her a good many years ago to join the 12 Tribes.  At first he was in the San Diego area with them...they live like the Amish, raising cattle and food, the women all sewing their own clothes.

I recently asked about Johann and  got an email from Yolanda that the cult sent her husband to live in England, not sure how long he has been there.   She finally had to give him a divorce.

Anyhow, have you heard of  this 12 Tribes of Israel cult? 

• Thumbs Up 1

Guest shiloh357

I have never heard of them, but they definitely look and act like a cult.   They remind me of group here in MO at some place called,  "Shofar Mountain"  and they have a  very similar kind of group. I think they are into a lot of the "prepping" and survival stuff.

• Followers:  26
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  9,602
  • Content Per Day:  4.02
  • Days Won:  21

They appear to be a cult collection of black people who claim they were sold into slavery etc., but are the true Israelites.

[http://israelunite.org/2012/12/15/who-are-the-israelites-today/]

[http://israelunite.org/]

Edited by Justin Adams
  • Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  26
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  9,602
  • Content Per Day:  4.02
  • Days Won:  21

15 minutes ago, Yowm said:

That's not them. Their group hardly has a black in it.

Oh must be another bunch of wannabe Israelites. I loose track of these groups but that one I quoted has only been around since 2003 and it is interesting to read their spin. Talk about a giant chip on the shoulder. Quite weird. Oh well.

• Thumbs Up 1

Guest shiloh357
30 minutes ago, Davida said:

How confused a people they are. More Judea-Christian spin-off counterfeits Funny these counterfeit Israel Tribe-types never step forward when Jews are persecuted.  I didn't hear them offer to take the place of the 6 million Jews slaughtered in the Holocaust.

If it ever becomes illegal to be a Jew again, and real Jews suddenly start getting arrested and ending up in prison,  I guarantee you all of these "Israel" cults and other groups who claim to be Jews will suddenly vanish from sight and start eating pork,shellfish and become Episcopalians.

Edited by shiloh357

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,989
  • Topics Per Day:  0.49
  • Content Count:  48,687
  • Content Per Day:  11.89
  • Days Won:  226

3 minutes ago, Davida said:

Totally true! phonies...they're all in for the blessings but the persecution is not so kosher with them.

They will fit right in at the seven year tribulation.

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, Yowm said:

Yes, that's them...I had no idea they were all over the world!  My friend, Yolanda, said they make alot of their money from delis which are mentioned at the websites.   She was married a long time but her husband left her for the cult...

P.S.  It is not the black cult....my friend's husband is Swedish!  Very blonde!

Edited by Debp
Added P.S.
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, Yowm said:

Yes, I noticed mostly whites but also concerning mostly youth. Those type groups were quite common early '70's and have a huge social/utopian draw. Some were run by a strong central controlling figure but I'm not sure of this group.

Yes, I remember the hippie communes, etc., of that time.  Also, there was a big Jesus Movement, too.

I was reading about the 12 Tribes on the website and recall it started as a church with a leader.   Too bad they had to depart into added beliefs, etc, as the cults do.

Many people might like the lifestyle, more or less a simple one it seems.  At least when Johann got drawn into it, they were raising their own cattle and vegetables, etc, near San Diego.  But the strange doctrines are no good!

• Thumbs Up 1

45 minutes ago, Yowm said:

Is Johann free to come and go as she pleases? That is usually a big indicator of a cult.

Johann is a man...he was married to my friend Yolanda.  She lives here in Los Angeles and the cult sent him to England.  I don't know if he is free to leave or not.  But the strange doctrines do make it a cult.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 2 weeks later...

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  36
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  1

On 19/11/2017 at 7:50 AM, Debp said:

Yes, that's them...I had no idea they were all over the world!  My friend, Yolanda, said they make alot of their money from delis which are mentioned at the websites.   She was married a long time but her husband left her for the cult...

P.S.  It is not the black cult....my friend's husband is Swedish!  Very blonde!

They are in different countries around the world.  I have visited one of their communes for a couple of days, and have had members of the group visit our place as well.  I don't know enough about them to say if they are an "evil cult".  They were very friendly with us and I saw a fair bit of sincerity in many of the members even though I do not agree with a lot of their teachings and practices (particularly the whole O.T. focus, their belief that God cannot speak directly and individually to people, them believing salvation only comes if you are a member of the group, etc.).  There is a lot I disagree with them on, but I did not see any evidence of it being a dangerous group.

• Thumbs Up 1