• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  21
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,573
  • Content Per Day:  0.51
  • Days Won:  0

21 hours ago, Neighbor said:

but I was not saved by my works nor by my faith.

Repentance is all part of that faith

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  951
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,556
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

19 minutes ago, TheMatrixHasU71 said:

Repentance is all part of that faith

Suit yourself as to your understanding.

As for me, I am saying it is all of God and none of my doing that I am saved by the faith that is Jesus' faith made known to me by God the Holy Spirit that I might be found washed white as snow in the eyes of God the Father.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  21
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,573
  • Content Per Day:  0.51
  • Days Won:  0

21 minutes ago, Neighbor said:

Suit yourself as to your understanding.

As for me, I am saying it is all of God and none of my doing that I am saved by the faith that is Jesus' faith made known to me by God the Holy Spirit that I might be found washed white as snow in the eyes of God the Father.

Romans 1:17 

For therein is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith: as it is written, The just shall live by faith.

Galatians 3:12 

And the law is not of faith: but, The man that doeth them shall live in them.

Hebrews 10:38 

Now the just shall live by faith: but if any man draw back, my soul shall have no pleasure in him.

1 Timothy 6:12 

Fight the good fight of faith, lay hold on eternal life, whereunto thou art also called, and hast professed a good profession before many witnesses.

Romans 10:9 

That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.

I say again repentance is all part of that faith in Christ. And I never said that salvation was all by our own doing. If you have faith, then you repent. If you have faith in Christ then you believe that Jesus is Lord and GOD come in the flesh for sinful men and that He through His sacrifice on the cross is the only path to eternal life and that salvation is a free gift not of works. 

You can believe in Jesus but have no faith in Him

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  951
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,556
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

23 hours ago, TheMatrixHasU71 said:

Romans 1:17 

For therein is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith: as it is written, The just shall live by faith.

Galatians 3:12 

And the law is not of faith: but, The man that doeth them shall live in them.

Hebrews 10:38 

Now the just shall live by faith: but if any man draw back, my soul shall have no pleasure in him.

1 Timothy 6:12 

Fight the good fight of faith, lay hold on eternal life, whereunto thou art also called, and hast professed a good profession before many witnesses.

Romans 10:9 

That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.

I say again repentance is all part of that faith in Christ. And I never said that salvation was all by our own doing. If you have faith, then you repent. If you have faith in Christ then you believe that Jesus is Lord and GOD come in the flesh for sinful men and that He through His sacrifice on the cross is the only path to eternal life and that salvation is a free gift not of works. 

You can believe in Jesus but have no faith in Him

I walk by faith and not by sight!

But; I was saved by neither faith, nor of works of my own merit. It was all of God and none of me. I didn't want it, was happy without it, but the Holy Spirit would have none of that. It was God the Holy Spirit that brought me to awareness of Jesus and to my knees in repentance of my sins against God. God had answered the faith filled prayer of my grandmother for my salvation long after her days had been done. God answers prayer. God being pleased by her faith made me to turn about from my own firm conviction that He did not exist, and I  was broken by the Holy Spirit. Broken of my will and my faith that He did not exist, broken to hearing and heeding the reveal of Jesus by the Holy Spirit.

I did not seek, I did not want, I did not earn, I was simply overrun by God; because God is sovereign and God answers prayer.

Edited by Neighbor
corrected a spelling error
  • Loved it! 1

• Followers:  52
  • Topic Count:  1,016
  • Topics Per Day:  0.15
  • Content Count:  12,291
  • Content Per Day:  1.79
  • Days Won:  92

16 hours ago, Neighbor said:

I walk by faith and not by sight!

But; I was saved by neither faith, nor of works of my own merit. It was all of God and none of me. I didn't want it, was happy without it, but the Holy Spirit would have none of that. It was God th Holy Spirit that brought me to awareness of jesus and to my knees in repentance of my sins against God. God had answered the faith filled prayer of my grandmother for my salvation long after her days had been done. God answers prayer. God being pleased by her faith made me to turn about from my own firm conviction that He did not exist, and I  was broken by the Holy Spirit. Broken of my will and my faith that He did not exist, broken to hearing and heeding the reveal of Jesus by the Holy Spirit.

I did not seek, I did not want, I did not earn, I was simply overrun by God; because God is sovereign and God answers prayer.

It's really amazing how the Lord can work to bring someone to Himself!   Sometimes a conversion of a soul just miraculously happens.  We might not understand it, but it instantaneously happens!

I remember the story of how Charles Spurgeon was saved.   On a cold, extremely snowy night, he ducked into a little church.   Because of the snow, the preacher was unable to get to the church.  So a rather uneducated man in the congregation stood up to preach. 

Basically all the uneducated man was saying in his sermon was "Look unto Jesus, and be saved!".  He kept repeating that over and over...but hearing just that phrase, Charles Spurgeon was miraculously saved!   And we know he became known as "the prince of preachers."

• This is Worthy 1