Biblical Verse

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  3
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

Isaiah 14:12-15 - How art thou fallen from heaven, O Lucifer, son of the morning! [how] art thou cut down to the ground, which didst weaken the nations! 

Can anyone tell me if the words art thou cut down to the ground in this verse mean that Satan was Cast down to the Earth? Thanks and God Bless! :D

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  86
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  6,828
  • Content Per Day:  2.43
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  11/10/1986

He was cast out of heaven for sure. Not sure if this verse refers to that both specifically and literally though. It's part of a sort of taunting poem against Babylon though. It could be symbolic of just essentially being dealt with, laid low, etc.

Any context as to why you're asking? Something troubling you at all?

Edited by BK1110
  • Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  26
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  9,602
  • Content Per Day:  4.02
  • Days Won:  21

God gave Adam the birthright to the earth. Adam 'gave' it back to Satan who had already been judged a sinner and usurper.

Yeshua Saved the world from this curse of death by His sacrifice. So now, Satan can no longer claim he has the keys to the kingdom as he did when Yeshua was tempted in the wilderness.

Now Yeshua has taken His rightful place at the Right Hand of the Father. Every knee shall now bow to the Risen Lord because he has conquered and reclaimed God's Creation.

There is no place in Heaven for Lucifer now. He and his fallen angels and their hosts of demons now wander in the dry places and roar around people they want to spiritually devour. They are masterful at deception; can appear as angels of light; and are trying to take down as many people as they can before their final judgement. It is really God's battle; we are sometimes foot soldiers; but we must always remain under The Cover of His Grace. Never think you can 'go it alone' when fighting wickedness in high places or principalities and spiritual wickedness.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  40,801
  • Content Per Day:  7.95
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

When one meditates on that which satan controls 'this world and it's design'... he is indeed cut down to this place and it's use. That is why we are told to place ourselves s/Spiritually here

Colossians 3:1-4 (KJV)

[3:1] If ye then be risen with Christ, seek those things which are above, where Christ sitteth on the right hand of God.

[2] Set your affection on things above, not on things on the earth.

[3] For ye are dead, and your life is hid with Christ in God.

[4] When Christ, who is our life, shall appear, then shall ye also appear with him in glory.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • This is Worthy 1

• 3 weeks later...

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  43
  • Topic Count:  43
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  650
  • Content Per Day:  0.28
  • Days Won:  0

On 11/18/2017 at 7:53 PM, Sheldon said:

Isaiah 14:12-15 - How art thou fallen from heaven, O Lucifer, son of the morning! [how] art thou cut down to the ground, which didst weaken the nations! 

Can anyone tell me if the words art thou cut down to the ground in this verse mean that Satan was Cast down to the Earth? Thanks and God Bless!

Well, I guess that we can make sure by integrating with the Gospel and New Testament:

"And the devil took him up and showed him all the kingdoms of the world in a moment of time, 6 and said to him, “To you I will give all this authority and their glory, for it has been delivered to me, and I give it to whom I will."

"I will not say much more to you, for the prince of this world is coming."

"Jesus said, "My kingdom is not of this world. If it were, my servants would fight to prevent my arrest by the Jewish leaders. But now my kingdom is from another place.""

"The god of this world has blinded the minds of "unbelievers, so that they cannot see the light of the gospel that displays the glory of Christ, who is the image of God."

So yes, it's likely that he "was Cast down to the Earth"

Edited by listener24