IGNORED

The Hijacking and Perversion of God’s Word By the Religious Left

Guest shiloh357

Guest shiloh357

We can always count on Satan to use the Bible for his own purposes;  he invariably twists and perverts the proper context of the Word of God. After all, one of his names is the “deceiver.”

In the Garden of Eden, Eve was fooled by Satan’s convincing words:  “Did God really say…….?”  The devil doesn’t need many new tricks. The one’s he has employed throughout history have served him well.

An Excerpt from gotquestions.org on the Importance of Sound Doctrine:

“Sound doctrine is important because our faith is based on a specific message. The overall teaching of the church contains many elements, but the primary message is explicitly defined: “Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures [and] . . . he was raised on the third day according to the Scriptures” (1 Corinthians 15:3-4). This is the unambiguous good news, and it is “of first importance.” Change that message, and the basis of faith shifts from Christ to something else. Our eternal destiny depends upon hearing “the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation” (Ephesians 1:3; see also 2 Thessalonians 2:13-14).” – source

When the Angels Announced the Birth of our Lord Jesus

“And suddenly there was with the angel a multitude of the heavenly host praising God and saying:

Glory to God in the highest, and on earth peace, good will toward men.” (Luke 2:13-14).  (Emphasis added)

How One Wrong Translation Can Change the Meaning of God’s Word

Using Safari as my browser, I typed “Glory to God in the highest” and this is what came up:

“Glory to God in the highest, and on earth peace, goodwill among men. (Emphasis mine)

Most every credible translation of God’s Word says :

“Glory to God in the highest, and on earth peace, goodwill toward men”

The word “among” would seem to infer that  God was bringing peace, goodwill “between” men.

The word “toward” is clearly what happened on that Holy night, when Jesus came to earth, wrapped in human flesh to bring reconciliation between God the Father and men.  God wanted to at last bring peace and goodwill “toward” men from Himself!   This peace and goodwill certainly was not “among” men!

If God the Father was bringing peace and goodwill “Among” men, then the following passage of Scripture spoken by Jesus would make little sense:

“Do not think that I came to bring peace on earth. I did not come to bring peace but a sword.  For I have come to ‘set a man against his father, a daughter against her mother, and a daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law’;  and a man’s enemies will be those of his own household.  He who loves father or mother more than Me is not worthy of Me. And he who loves son or daughter more than Me is not worthy of Me.  And he who does not take his cross and follow after Me is not worthy of Me.  He who finds his life will lose it, and he who loses his life for My sake will find it” (Matthew 10:34-39).

The Social Gospel

With the perversion of God’s Holy Word in mind – think about the new terms “The Christian Left” also called the “Social Gospel.” How clever of Satan to once again twist the Word of God into a politically correct movement.

The name of Jesus is used (of course) but the Gospel has been changed – perverted – it is now a Gospel which would make any Globalist wish to get on board. After all, there is NO talk of sin or repentance. No talk of having to be reconciled to God through the death, burial and resurrection of our Lord.  No no no…….none of that!  That would make people uncomfortable. And they surely could not have that!

The Sermon on the Mount 

Many from the Social Gospel (Christian Left) love to speak the words of our Lord from the Sermon on the Mount. His Words, taken out of context, support the so-called Social Gospel.  You see, these unsaved people are using our Lord’s Words to deceive others. They speak nothing of sin and repentance.  Nor do they speak of abortion and other immoral and horrific practices which have become commonplace in society.

They portray Jesus as “tolerant” of any behavior, as long as one is trying to be good to his neighbor and to the environment (which they call “Mother Earth.”)  They condemn true followers of Jesus because we cry out for the millions of unborn babies who have been murdered and sold for their parts.  The Christian Left would say that these little ones are just clumps of cells until they are actually born.  The rights of the mother to choose whether or not her unborn child should live, outweighs the child’s right to live!

Satan loves abortion. It destroys not one life, but two. The scars left in the mother of the aborted child are so deep, though most women would never admit this.

When Gay Marriage was made the law of the land, the Christian Left had a saying which went viral on the internet.  Everywhere one looked they saw “LOVE WINS.” Did love really win when the SCOTUS changed the definition of marriage, which was defined by God as between one man and one woman? Love did not win. Satan won.  And God’s anger burned.

Are you part of the so-called Christian Left or Social Gospel?

If you are part of this cult of deluded people, then it’s time you know that you are not right with the Lord Jesus. Perhaps that doesn’t even matter to you. But if deep inside your heart, you have been convinced that you will be in heaven when you die, I am here to tell you that you have been completely deceived!

The true Gospel of Jesus Christ is this:

• Men and women are sinners – we are born into sin
  • God the Father cannot abide sin
  • But God loves you and wants you to be reconciled to Him
  • He wants you to be with Him in heaven when you die
  • God sent His only begotten Son, Jesus, to pay the debt for your sin
  • You cannot pay this debt – it is impossible
  • Only God Himself could pay this debt.  Jesus IS God – The second Person of the Trinity
  • Jesus took upon Himself all of the sin of the whole world when He hung on that Cross
  • He died for your sins – all of them – but you must believe this and trust Him
  • Jesus rose from the dead three days later – He showed His power over death and hell
  • He now sits at the right hand of His Father in heaven and He prays for us
  • What He asks from you is for you to repent of your sin and agree with Him that you need Him as your Savior
  • He asks for you to trust Him for the forgiveness of your sins
  • He will make you into a brand new creation

Father I pray that even one who is deceived would read this and that they will know that You are drawing them to Yourself.  I pray that they will see that they have been deceived by the evil one.  Open their eyes Lord, that they might truly see You, and repent and believe.  I ask this in the name of Jesus. Amen.

MARANATHA

https://www.raptureforums.com/politics-culture-wars/hijacking-perversion-gods-word-religious-left/?utm_source=ExpressPigeon&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Rapture+Forums+Newsletter+11%2F19%2F2017

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  265
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,128
  • Content Per Day:  3.50
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

On ‎19‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 6:36 PM, shiloh357 said:

We can always count on Satan to use the Bible for his own purposes;  he invariably twists and perverts the proper context of the Word of God. After all, one of his names is the “deceiver.”

In the Garden of Eden, Eve was fooled by Satan’s convincing words:  “Did God really say…….?”  The devil doesn’t need many new tricks. The one’s he has employed throughout history have served him well.

An Excerpt from gotquestions.org on the Importance of Sound Doctrine:

“Sound doctrine is important because our faith is based on a specific message. The overall teaching of the church contains many elements, but the primary message is explicitly defined: “Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures [and] . . . he was raised on the third day according to the Scriptures” (1 Corinthians 15:3-4). This is the unambiguous good news, and it is “of first importance.” Change that message, and the basis of faith shifts from Christ to something else. Our eternal destiny depends upon hearing “the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation” (Ephesians 1:3; see also 2 Thessalonians 2:13-14).” – source

Hi Shiloh,

Good points there bro. Now I also would like to draw attention to this part - 

`Our eternal destiny depends upon hearing “the word of truth,...`    &  `He wants you to be with Him in heaven when you die...`

These quotes were taken from the body of the text. So....What is preached to day ....your destiny is back to this (sin-sick) world. Scriptures have been altered -

`And we shall reign epi (Gk. word) the earth.` (Rev. 5: 10) The correct word is OVER whereas many have on the earth.

`Behold the Lord comes with ten thousands of His `hagio`. (from Gk. word) ` (Jude 14) The correct word is `holy ones` NOT saints.

`Then the Lord, my God, will come and all the `quodos` (Heb. word) with Him.` (Zech. 14: 5) The correct word is sacred, holy.

Those scriptures can have either word so we need to look at all the scriptures on that topic of our eternal destination and see whether it is holy angels or saints, and whether we are on the earth or ruling over it.

This coming back to earth doctrine in fast moving into the established churches. Cults like the Jehovah`s Witnesses and the NAR (New Apostolic Reformation are promoting a utopia kind of millennium that we are supposed to come back to. This is NOT in God`s word and NOT what has been the doctrine of the Body of Christ.

Just a few changes yet we can see how they affect our understanding of God`s eternal purposes for us. So....we are saved, yet which way are we heading - earth or heavenward. Time to check out what the Holy Spirit is saying to the Body of Christ -

Heaven is for the Body of Christ as God`s word tells us.

`You have come to ….the General Assembly and Church of the First-born who are registered in heaven.` (Heb. 12: 23)

`Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who according to His abundant mercy has begotten us again to a living hope….to an inheritance  incorruptible and undefiled that does not fade away, reserved in heaven for you.` (1 Peter 1: 3 & 4)

`We give thanks to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, praying always for you…..because of the hope which is laid up for you in heaven,….` (Col. 1: 3 & 4)

`For our citizenship is in heaven, from which we also eagerly wait for the Saviour, the Lord Jesus Christ.` (Phil. 3: 20)

`Therefore, holy brethren, partakers of the heavenly calling,…` (Heb. 3: 1)

`For we know that if our earthly house, this tent, is destroyed, we have a building from God, a house (our body) not made with hands, eternal in the heavens.` (2 Cor. 5: 1)

regards, Marilyn.

Guest shiloh357
21 minutes ago, Marilyn C said:

`And we shall reign epi (Gk. word) the earth.` (Rev. 5: 10) The correct word is OVER whereas many have on the earth.

`Behold the Lord comes with ten thousands of His `hagio`. (from Gk. word) ` (Jude 14) The correct word is `holy ones` NOT saints.

`Then the Lord, my God, will come and all the `quodos` (Heb. word) with Him.` (Zech. 14: 5) The correct word is sacred, holy.

No, you're the one correcting the Bible.   The Bible says we will reign on the earth.   You are not fit correct what the Bible says.  I reject your arrogant approach to the Bible.

2 minutes ago, shiloh357 said:

No, you're the one correcting the Bible.   The Bible says we will reign on the earth.   You are not fit correct what the Bible says.  I reject your arrogant approach to the Bible.

Hi bro, :D

I think you need to back up your statements.

Marilyn.

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, shiloh357 said:

Now Shiloh,

I really need to address your attitude. You came out to me as a wounded bull, (ie head on, attacking) presuming you knew my attitude - you said `your arrogant approach...` Now can you see my motive? no, only God can. So rather we should as servants of the Lord, -

`be gentle to all, able to teach, patient, in humility correcting those who are in opposition, if perhaps God will grant them repentance, so that they may know the truth,....` (2 Tim. 2: 24 & 25)

We are not to use emotive tactics of attacking the person, their character or presumed motives, BUT to discuss God`s word in humility and gentleness.

Now the wonderful thing is that we both agree on so much - Salvation through Christ, the Holy Spirit`s guidance, who the Bride is (Israel) & we are probably the only two on this forum of thousands who believe that) plus we both believe in the pre-trib, catching away of the Body of Christ. Then where we disagree has to do with where the Body of Christ will rule & reign with the Lord during the Millennium and into eternity. Obviously a very important truth for it strikes at the very heart of how we understand the Lordship of Christ and our belief (faith) in His purpose for us with Him. 

Marilyn.

• Thumbs Up 1

21 minutes ago, Yowm said:

Hi Marilyn, Have you considered your approach?

Seems to me we are not to derail topics by interjecting our pet doctrines (reigning from heaven) by way of grabbing on to a hugely minor issue barely related to  the OP.

Hi Yowm,

Thank you for your thoughts. I will certainly consider them. I did see an opportunity to bring in what I believe are important truths. And...I would say it is not `my pet doctrine.` I do have many topics as you can see from my `interests,` - discipling, eschatology, eternal purposes, - and do desire to be balanced.

Also our eternal destination is NOT a minor issue bro.

regards, Marilyn.

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, Yowm said:

"Perversion of God's Word by the Left" is the topic, not where we reign from (however important one deems it to be).

Hi Yowm,

mmm let`s see what this topic is about -

Shiloh stated -

Then he went on to give AN EXAMPLE. And that is exactly what I did too, bro. An example of people who are influenced by Satan to pervert the Word of God.

So let`s encourage each other as we stand up for the truth and NOT rain on the parade!!!!

Marilyn.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  26
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  9,602
  • Content Per Day:  4.02
  • Days Won:  21

Agreed Marilyn. The left has rewritten the Thanksgiving history, and the intelligentsia (often very left) have sometimes changed the translations of the word. However, the WORD can never be outsmarted and other sources have been 'found' that substantiate what He actually said.

Satan is both left, right and centrist. No one single moniker can explain. Angel of light???

I do like the 1611 and Tyndale versions. Considering the few sources those scholars had available they did a outstanding job. Some of the later more liberal translations were a bit tilted. Understandably, there will be minor differences in the 5,200 + scraps of the original notes and documents. But they can never ever subvert the Lord as He is quite able to love even lefties.  

People I know of in a certain country did very nicely on a few chapters of John for a number of years. It is a bit like TRUTH, no matter what the quantity - it always links to THE SOURCE. Yahweh. The Spirit Blows where He Wills.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,000
  • Content Per Day:  0.37
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  12/08/1950

Hi Shiloh

Dear Bro, 99% of the time you get my vote.  However, may I ask you to please speak to our sister Marilyn in love and gentleness.  She is always respectful, and I believe her points were valid.  She was simply pointing out other areas where different versions of the bible have changes, resulting in the meaning of the text being changed, as you did.  I don't believe she was trying to derail the thread - this is not her character.  Thank you, and may the Lord bless you for all the correct doctrine you and I hold dear.-_-

• Thanks 1