creativemechanic

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  414
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  1,273
  • Content Per Day:  0.37
  • Days Won:  0

based on actual events. ps. matchmakers annoy me sometimes.  really annoy me. 

received_10159597670440187.png

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,989
  • Topics Per Day:  0.49
  • Content Count:  48,687
  • Content Per Day:  11.89
  • Days Won:  226

6 hours ago, creativemechanic said:

I think a person should let God do His work. A person should pray for the right person to come into their life. Meet people in appropriate places such as Church or Church functions and see where God leads you. Not a friend.

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.40
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

2 minutes ago, missmuffet said:

I think a person should let God do His work. A person should pray for the right person to come into their life. Meet people in appropriate places such as Church or Church functions and see where God leads you. Not a friend.

Sadly in even church groups the qualities that most speak of about a man or woman is carnal qualities .   worldy qualities.

I agree sister.   anyone who is freed to seek a wife or husband and freed as in WHAT GOD approves.  not adultery n remarriage , but truly free

they need not worry over it .   I think while some can agree that gay marriage is all wrong , a mass majority commit adultery by remarriage and seem to see it as gods plan.

Well,  THE GOD don't condone gay marriage,  but I assure us all he don't condone adultery either.    THUS live by JESUS sayings and love them .  amen.

3 minutes ago, frienduff thaylorde said:

Sadly in even church groups the qualities that most speak of about a man or woman is carnal qualities .   worldy qualities.

I agree sister.   anyone who is freed to seek a wife or husband and freed as in WHAT GOD approves.  not adultery n remarriage , but truly free

they need not worry over it .   I think while some can agree that gay marriage is all wrong , a mass majority commit adultery by remarriage and seem to see it as gods plan.

Well,  THE GOD don't condone gay marriage,  but I assure us all he don't condone adultery either.    THUS live by JESUS sayings and love them .  amen.

Even though a person meets someone at Church does not make them a safe choice. Just observing them for a very long time will tell the tale.

• This is Worthy 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  414
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  1,273
  • Content Per Day:  0.37
  • Days Won:  0

5 hours ago, missmuffet said:

Even though a person meets someone at Church does not make them a safe choice. Just observing them for a very long time will tell the tale.

true. my issue is people who as shown in the comic,try to pressure you to approach people you not interested in and try to make u feel guilty for not being interested. and as been past experience. they may not have wanted them for themselves 

2 minutes ago, creativemechanic said:

true. my issue is people who as shown in the comic,try to pressure you to approach people you not interested in and try to make u feel guilty for not being interested. and as been past experience. they may not have wanted them for themselves 

They are sometimes pushy controlling people.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  26
  • Topic Count:  35
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  6,734
  • Content Per Day:  2.80
  • Days Won:  21

17 hours ago, creativemechanic said:

I’ve had this happen way to often and it is indeed irritating. I’m not against a friend setting me up with someone they know and one who has the qualities I am seeking. But, unfortunately, many acquaintances seem to think they can just assume that because you’re single you’re seeking anyone and will push you to date someone you know isn’t right for you. 

Edited by TheAimes

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  940
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,412
  • Content Per Day:  5.02
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

18 hours ago, missmuffet said:

But, is that what we are shown in Bible history?

I don't think so!

-------

And as general response to the topic; NO I do not hate "match makers". What a absolutely ludicrous waste of my time that would be.

Instead I listen and pray when I hear of a need or desire in that arena. My own prayer will also include; "and if it is Your will instead Father then please give the strength of will to not burn with passion, allow them to be as Paul was."

I never dated around seeking to know someone for a long time either. The first love with a help mate lasted fifty years until death did part us. The second is a young relationship started out as "hello are you the one I'm looking for?", and almost immediately  resulted in marriage. The lead of God the Holy Spirit being felt strongly by both of us.

Today, we have no delusion that we will not have  typical marital discussion and maybe argument, but we both know we have the Holy Spirit indwelling and that God wills us to be helpmates. From there from that foundation we build our marriage. We aren't spending years prodding for flaws and then rejecting because we find em. We know from the getgo we will find them. We know we need God to resolve them as we go. And that is what we rely upon- God.

Edited by Neighbor

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  940
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,412
  • Content Per Day:  5.02
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

Matchmaker, Matchmaker
Matchmaker, matchmaker,
Make me a match,
Find me a find,
Catch me a catch
Matchmaker, matchmaker
Look through your book,
And make me a perfect match
Oh, matchmaker, matchmaker,......

...........Find me a find,
Catch me a catch,
Night after night in the dark I'm alone
So make me a match,
Of my own.
                    -From Fiddler  on The Roof.

5 hours ago, Neighbor said:

But, is that what we are shown in Bible history?

I don't think so!

-------

And as general response to the topic; NO I do not hate "match makers". What a absolutely ludicrous waste of my time that would be.

Instead I listen and pray when I hear of a need or desire in that arena. My own prayer will also include; "and if it is Your will instead Father then please give the strength of will to not burn with passion, allow them to be as Paul was."

I never dated around seeking to know someone for a long time either. The first love with a help mate lasted fifty years until death did part us. The second is a young relationship started out as "hello are you the one I'm looking for?", and almost immediately  resulted in marriage. The lead of God the Holy Spirit being felt strongly by both of us.

Today, we have no delusion that we will not have  typical marital discussion and maybe argument, but we both know we have the Holy Spirit indwelling and that God wills us to be helpmates. From there from that foundation we build our marriage. We aren't spending years prodding for flaws and then rejecting because we find em. We know from the getgo we will find them. We know we need God to resolve them as we go. And that is what we rely upon- God.

The Churches from the past and the Churches now are very different.