Jump to content
naominash

Women's Modesty: Pants Vs Skirts

Recommended Posts

24 minutes ago, Butero said:

Even in Bible times, you see people that would literally stop up their ears so they wouldn't have to hear the truth.  The crowd did that at the preaching of Stephen.  At Worthy, people just place people on ignore so they won't have to consider they may be wrong.  You don't need to have patience.  You just refuse to hear the opposing point of view.  The problem will come in the next life at the judgment.  Ignorance won't save you.  God will remind that person that they heard a warning from one of his servants and ignored it.  Saying they didn't believe isn't going to cut it.

There are so many sins in the church today, and people won't listen to God's Word or warnings from his messengers.  Just look at all the things Paul said will keep us from inheriting the Kingdom of God.  Look at sins like fornication.  You would be surprised how many Christians think sex outside of marriage is ok if they are in a monogamous and loving relationship, yet if they are not married, they will not inherit the Kingdom of God.  People are being destroyed for lack of knowledge as the Bible says.  

People are also being destroyed by Wolves in sheep clothing. 

Monkey see Monkey do

It is very sad 

 

  • Thumbs Up 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, IvyLynn said:

People are also being destroyed by Wolves in sheep clothing. 

Monkey see Monkey do

It is very sad 

 

You are right.  We tend to look at what those around us do, and if the majority are alright with something, it is ok.  Take this topic for instance.  Go back 100 years, and I am in the majority.  Today, I am clearly in the minority.  Today, I am in the majority among evangelicals that gay marriage is sinful.  Give that 100 years, and people that hold my view will likely be in the minority.  The longer the Lord tarries, the more wicked things will get.  That is, unless God sends a huge revival that leads to a new puritan type of movement.  Short of that, things will only get worse.  

  • Thumbs Up 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Butero said:

You are right.  We tend to look at what those around us do, and if the majority are alright with something, it is ok.  Take this topic for instance.  Go back 100 years, and I am in the majority.  Today, I am clearly in the minority.  Today, I am in the majority among evangelicals that gay marriage is sinful.  Give that 100 years, and people that hold my view will likely be in the minority.  The longer the Lord tarries, the more wicked things will get.  That is, unless God sends a huge revival that leads to a new puritan type of movement.  Short of that, things will only get worse.  

Things are gonna get worse

a whole lot worse

keep your heart and mind guarded 

 

  • Thumbs Up 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The other day, I wondered if I was just wearing skirts as some sort of works based righteousness type thing.

I don't believe in just following a lot of regulations in matters of conscience.

But modesty is not like that. After searching my heart and praying, I just found that wearing skirts to be modest came out of a desire to please God and live a holy life. 

I'm fortunate to work at a place now where I can wear skirts every day. 

The only teeny tiny drawback is that it's harder to look casual in a skirt without wearing my least favorite modest items: ankle length Jean skirts. 

There are ways around that, though.

Otherwise, I find that I get treated better in public, and have no issue.

  • Thumbs Up 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, naominash said:

The other day, I wondered if I was just wearing skirts as some sort of works based righteousness type thing.

It is OK to be righteous. God expects that of all His people. The sad fact of some is that they cannot understand James. James was hotly debated way back and nearly struck off the list. The 'works based' accusers are just wasting their time and confusing people. Do not even give 'doing the right thing' a second thought. You can be sure if it is not quite right that the Lord will make it quickly apparent. That is, if you listen daily to Him. If you don't then go about naked for all the difference that will (not) make.

  • Thumbs Up 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I thought this was about women in pants. Now I see we are on gay marriage, sex outside of marriage, and monkeys.  Is there a connection here?  Dose women wearing pants make you do all of that?:blink: Cause I wear pants and none of those things have ever happen to me. What happens if I wear shorts?  :o LOL! 

(ahhh this is funny:D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, LadyKay said:

I thought this was about women in pants. Now I see we are on gay marriage, sex outside of marriage, and monkeys.  Is there a connection here?  Dose women wearing pants make you do all of that?:blink: Cause I wear pants and none of those things have ever happen to me. What happens if I wear shorts?  :o LOL! 

(ahhh this is funny:D

From a Bible standpoint, it is a type of perversion, wearing clothing that pertains to the opposite sex.  As a man wearing a dress is effeminate, a woman in pants is dressing in a way that is masculine.  It is funny to me how nobody wants to be equally feminine, men and women, but everyone is striving to be masculine, like being feminine is bad.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, naominash said:

The other day, I wondered if I was just wearing skirts as some sort of works based righteousness type thing.

I don't believe in just following a lot of regulations in matters of conscience.

But modesty is not like that. After searching my heart and praying, I just found that wearing skirts to be modest came out of a desire to please God and live a holy life. 

I'm fortunate to work at a place now where I can wear skirts every day. 

The only teeny tiny drawback is that it's harder to look casual in a skirt without wearing my least favorite modest items: ankle length Jean skirts. 

There are ways around that, though.

Otherwise, I find that I get treated better in public, and have no issue.

Maybe you can explain. As I am not seeing how skirt wearing means modesty.  Or what is so immodest about a women wearing pants?  :confused:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Butero said:

As a man wearing a dress is effeminate, a woman in pants is dressing in a way that is masculine.

Oh I think we have been over this one with me explaining time and time again that women's pants are cut and made for women and are cut and made differently then men's pants. Which is why they are sold in the "women's department" of the store and men pants are sold in the "men's" department of the store.  There for women pants are clothing for women as under the Laws of the OT because women pants are clothing that  is for  a women.  Therefor a women wearing "women" pants sold from the "women's" section of the store are not in violation of the OT Law that you believe we must follow. 

Let me put it this way. Back in OT days everyone wore robes. Except some robes were cut to fit women and some robes were cut to fit men. Yet they were both robes. 

So.....this is why I have no issue with wearing pants.   Oh and by the way. I have never been mistaken for a men for wearing pants. :)

 

 

biblical-dress-1.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, LadyKay said:

Oh I think we have been over this one with me explaining time and time again that women's pants are cut and made for women and are cut and made differently then men's pants. Which is why they are sold in the "women's department" of the store and men pants are sold in the "men's" department of the store.  There for women pants are clothing for women as under the Laws of the OT because women pants are clothing that  is for  a women.  Therefor a women wearing "women" pants sold from the "women's" section of the store are not in violation of the OT Law that you believe we must follow. 

Let me put it this way. Back in OT days everyone wore robes. Except some robes were cut to fit women and some robes were cut to fit men. Yet they were both robes. 

So.....this is why I have no issue with wearing pants. 

 

 

biblical-dress-1.jpg

I have dealt with all those things too Lady Kay, in a very long post in this thread.  They are masculine style apparel, and I have seen a man wear pants he said belonged to his girlfriend, and they were even marketed to women, and I couldn't tell any difference from men's pants.  He said they fit him good.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Similar Content

    • By Sharnadeen
      I have observed quite a number of developing trends in our churches that beg the frightening question of who we are worshiping. Common among those trends are the tendency of persons to spend more time on their cell phones than they do in worship and the tendency to 'make an entrance' when entering the sanctuary. I can't help but ask myself - What kind of message are we sending to the world as Christians?
      I'll begin this discussion with an understanding of the word 'worship'.  Worship is derived from the Old English word 'Woerthship' which means to give worth to something. So when we worship God, we give worth to Him. Sadly, it appears that the saints are giving worth to other things in the house of the Lord. Here I will identify two obvious reasons that are rather disturbing to fathom but as it is a reality within the churches I will make mention of them today.
      The 'cellphone syndrome'
      We all need to communicate with others over the phone for different reasons. But I find it very disrespectful for the saints to perpetually excuse themselves from the sermon to be on the outside messaging and talking for an extensive period. Not that it is anybody's business to know the nature of these conversations, but when it happens more often than not I'm afraid that we are sending the wrong message to our unsaved visitors. Do we not show reverence to the Lord anymore? I especially observe this trend among our young people of which group I am a part. I fail to believe that our young people use their discretion for they excuse themselves in large numbers at once. It appears that the cellphones get the 'worth' that should have been given to God and therefore it automatically becomes the god that is worshiped.
      Our God has feelings too. I am more concerned about His feelings than I am with the reputation of the church. For many saints, the time spent in the house of the Lord is the longest and sometimes only time spent with God. If the latter is the case then all the more reason why He deserves our undivided attention. Let's face it, three hours of prayer and worship is the least we can give to God considering all that He does for us on a daily basis. The church needs to be careful not to provoke the Holy Spirit and not to send the wrong message to those who are lost and in need of our guidance.
      The problem with 'making an entrance'
      By now many of us would have realized that persons go to church for different reasons; to spectate, to see friends, to wear a nice suit and a few to seek God. There are many other reasons but these are the few I could think of today. Having said that, there are many within the church who perpetually make an entrance under the influence of a 'disruptive spirit' I suppose. This trend may not be very evident in the larger churches, but as my church is small the trend is becoming more noticeable. Saints are not only expected to be present for sermons but are expected to be there on time. It is very distasteful when visitors arrive in the sanctuary before the members do and to make matters worse, our visitors are distracted each time someone walks through the aisle to take a seat.  
      What about respecting the time of the Holy Spirit? I understand that anyone can be late but when the same persons have heads spinning each week, their actions shift from just being late to 'making an entrance'. Leaders are often times included and I don't just mean Pastors, Bishops, Deacons etc. I mean any person within the church body who demonstrates his leadership abilities in even the smallest possible way. Why are persons making an entrance? It is certainly not because of a desire to be noticed by God but rather 'god', who is seated somewhere in the sanctuary. 
      This is one of the reasons why it is increasingly harder to convince an unsaved or even a backslider to return to God. These groups of persons are understandably confused by the double standards that exist within the church. No wonder there is a growing number of non-denominational Christians in our societies today. The church has a voice and we want to be heard, but let us consider addressing some of the ongoing issues among ourselves before we advocate for modesty and decency anywhere else.
      These are two growing trends that I have observed in church. Have you observed any other?
    • By GoldenEagle
      I thought this was very interesting... I realize it's the end of the summer so the whole modesty buzz is probably not as hot of a topic. Still worth the read though.
       

×