MyLordsServant

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.41
  • Days Won:  20

"  As if a man did flee from a lion, and a bear met him; or went into the house, and leaned his hand on the wall, and a serpent bit him. "

Heaven bound ?  (Headed to Heaven?) :

"On the other hand we are warned by God's Word not to look for what is in it for us.."

Matthew 7:21-23 NKJV - I Never Knew You - “Not everyone who ...

I Never Knew You - “Not everyone who says to Me, 'Lord, Lord,' shall enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father in heaven.
  • Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  32
  • Topic Count:  471
  • Topics Per Day:  0.17
  • Content Count:  6,543
  • Content Per Day:  2.30
  • Days Won:  9

I think we fear death.  Because death is a curse. But we take it by faith that Christ at his coming will give us immortality. But if we die before that we know we have a place in heaven. Paul wanted to die and go there. But he seen heaven firsthand.  Weather in the body or the spirit he went to the third heaven. So we know it's better to die and be there then to live in the body and stay here. We know by Paul's word. I will be happy to go. By like Paul I have things to do before I am ready.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.26
  • Days Won:  115

20 minutes ago, Wayne222 said:

I think we fear death.  Because death is a curse. But we take it by faith that Christ at his coming will give us immortality. But if we die before that we know we have a place in heaven. Paul wanted to die and go there. But he seen heaven firsthand.  Weather in the body or the spirit he went to the third heaven. So we know it's better to die and be there then to live in the body and stay here. We know by Paul's word. I will be happy to go. By like Paul I have things to do before I am ready.

I don't fear death.  I fear a lot of pain.  Some deaths are very painful.  I can only hope mine is not.

• Thumbs Up 2

• Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  344
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,393
  • Content Per Day:  2.70
  • Days Won:  1

I echo Psalms37:4 statement.

However, while I'm still here on earth, I have to consider never again seeing my unsaved loved ones. That's a hard pill to swallow.

3 minutes ago, Dennis1209 said:

However, while I'm still here on earth, I have to consider never again seeing my unsaved loved ones. That's a hard pill to swallow.

I know most of my family is not saved. The ones who died were not. My daughter is not yet. She believes in God. But cannot understand the gospel . I am trying. The Lord will take away any sorrow or pain from this. 

• This is Worthy 1

• Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  344
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,393
  • Content Per Day:  2.70
  • Days Won:  1

9 hours ago, OneLight said:

I am excited to be with the Lord where ever He is.  I can't even imagine how perfect this will be to live with no temptation to sin, in a perfect world, away from everything not pleasing to God.

1 Corinthians 2:9

But as it is written:

“Eye has not seen, nor ear heard,
Nor have entered into the heart of man
The things which God has prepared for those who love Him.”

I find it so exciting the mind can't even conceive. Those that were called up, I.E. the Apostles Paul and John, etc., where forbidden to describe the heavenly realm and everything they saw. Another one of those mysteries we'll have to wait on and see. I hear speculation we may be able to see millions of other colors in the light spectrum and visually see song notes and hear flowers that sing!

We might see the holy spirit. 

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.26
  • Days Won:  115

1 hour ago, Dennis1209 said:

While on this earth, it will always be a hard pill to swallow.  Remember, Revelation 21:4 "And God will wipe away every tear from their eyes; there shall be no more death, nor sorrow, nor crying. There shall be no more pain, for the former things have passed away."

I believe the fulfillment of 1 Corinthians 13:12 will also take place at that time.  "For now we see in a mirror, dimly, but then face to face. Now I know in part, but then I shall know just as I also am known."  We will understand the true meaning of life and the choices that were made.

• Loved it! 1

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,989
  • Topics Per Day:  0.49
  • Content Count:  48,687
  • Content Per Day:  11.89
  • Days Won:  226

2 hours ago, Dennis1209 said:

All you can do is pray for them. Ask God to open their heart to Him. On earth it makes us sad but in heaven we will have no memory of those we loved who are not with us. There will be no sadness in heaven. But you never know who will ask God into their life. I do not believe in forcing God on anyone. We must show our faith to them in what we say and in what we do with kindness and respect.

• Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  185
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,204
  • Content Per Day:  3.35
  • Days Won:  30

Sometimes it reflects other beliefs that they have.  Some people think they are going to sleep in the grave before they get to see God.  Others think they will have to suffer in purgatory first.  Even to think they must be martyred first before Jesus comes is not something that one would really look forward to.  So those beliefs might color how they think about dying.  But those of us who think like Paul that to be absent from the body is to be present with the Lord are looking forward to being with Him.   

• Brilliant! 1