• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,990
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,688
  • Content Per Day:  11.84
  • Days Won:  226

42 minutes ago, Willa said:

Sometimes it reflects other beliefs that they have.  Some people think they are going to sleep in the grave before they get to see God.  Others think they will have to suffer in purgatory first.  Even to think they must be martyred first before Jesus comes is not something that one would really look forward to.  So those beliefs might color how they think about dying.  But those of us who think like Paul that to be absent from the body is to be present with the Lord are looking forward to being with Him.   

But are those beliefs biblical?

We as humans look at heaven in earthly terms so we do not really have a clue what our eternity will look like.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.36
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

19 hours ago, missmuffet said:

We as humans look at heaven in earthly terms so we do not really have a clue what our eternity will look like.

Miss muffet you praise the Lord dear sister.    We can taste , oh but what a day it will TRULY BE when we are absent from this bodies and present with HIM on HIS DAY.

OH what a day that will be.  In fact it gives me so much hope , I have hope every day right now and great peace and joy.   its the abundant life He promised.

And its focus IS ABOVE ON the ONE who gave it .    You are loved miss muffet.   Would it be too much to ask for baked chocolate chip and raisin cookies.    I see you like to bake.

but no troubles either way you are loved.  

• Loved it! 1

42 minutes ago, frienduff thaylorde said:

Miss muffet you praise the Lord dear sister.    We can taste , oh but what a day it will TRULY BE when we are absent from this bodies and present with HIM on HIS DAY.

OH what a day that will be.  In fact it gives me so much hope , I have hope every day right now and great peace and joy.   its the abundant life He promised.

And its focus IS ABOVE ON the ONE who gave it .    You are loved miss muffet.   Would it be too much to ask for baked chocolate chip and raisin cookies.    I see you like to bake.

but no troubles either way you are loved.  

A raisin in a cookie will never touch my lips.... YUCK!!! eating-cookie.gif

1 hour ago, missmuffet said:

A raisin in a cookie will never touch my lips.... YUCK!!! eating-cookie.gif

guess chocolate chip old fashioned will have to work.   

45 minutes ago, frienduff thaylorde said:

guess chocolate chip old fashioned will have to work.   

Here you go. ENJOY!

index.jpg

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  76
  • Content Count:  1,261
  • Content Per Day:  0.24
  • Days Won:  0

It's a short time we have here to bear our cross, it will not need to be born in the next life in heaven.

Luke 9:23-24  And he said to them all, If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross daily, and follow me.  (24)  For whosoever will save his life shall lose it: but whosoever will lose his life for my sake, the same shall save it.

Christ has given us His Word, and the lost hate us as we are not of the world. Consider as well, if the "world" loves us there is something wrong with our walk. The Lord Jesus Christ did not want us taken out of this world, but sends us into the world to testify His Truth of the Gospel of Jesus Christ, and His shed blood not only for our sins, but all who would repent and call upon His Name. When we speak His Truth, some will be won through our words of God's wisdom as we reach out with His glorious Gospel!

John 17:14-21  I have given them thy word; and the world hath hated them, because they are not of the world, even as I am not of the world.  (15)  I pray not that thou shouldest take them out of the world, but that thou shouldest keep them from the evil.  (16)  They are not of the world, even as I am not of the world.  (17)  Sanctify them through thy truth: thy word is truth.  (18)  As thou hast sent me into the world, even so have I also sent them into the world.  (19)  And for their sakes I sanctify myself, that they also might be sanctified through the truth.  (20)  Neither pray I for these alone, but for them also which shall believe on me through their word;  (21)  That they all may be one; as thou, Father, art in me, and I in thee, that they also may be one in us: that the world may believe that thou hast sent me.

Like Paul, all of us have a desire to depart and be with Christ in heaven. I know I do!
At the same time, there are things God has called us all to do while here for our short time, professing His Truths to a lost and dying world, and others, like Paul here encouraging the Body of Christ:

Philippians 1:20-26  According to my earnest expectation and my hope, that in nothing I shall be ashamed, but that with all boldness, as always, so now also Christ shall be magnified in my body, whether it be by life, or by death.  (21)  For to me to live is Christ, and to die is gain.  (22)  But if I live in the flesh, this is the fruit of my labour: yet what I shall choose I wot not.  (23)  For I am in a strait betwixt two, having a desire to depart, and to be with Christ; which is far better:  (24)  Nevertheless to abide in the flesh is more needful for you.  (25)  And having this confidence, I know that I shall abide and continue with you all for your furtherance and joy of faith;  (26)  That your rejoicing may be more abundant in Jesus Christ for me by my coming to you again.

One day soon, we will trade that cross for a crown. In the mean time, let us be about our Father's work!

• Thumbs Up 2

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  1,192
  • Content Per Day:  0.48
  • Birthday:  01/12/1957

Given that there are at least 10 dimensions to the known universe and we only experience 4 of them in this physical body, I don't think we can even begin to grasp what Heaven and eternity will be like.  But we will see Him as He is, because we will be like Him  (1 John 3:2).   While I would like to be with Him in Heaven right now, but I am also fully aware that so much remains to be done now.  So like Paul, I am torn between the longing to be with Yeshua and the need to remain here and work further on what needs to be done for Him here.

3 hours ago, OldCoot said:

Given that there are at least 10 dimensions to the known universe and we only experience 4 of them in this physical body, I don't think we can even begin to grasp what Heaven and eternity will be like.  But we will see Him as He is, because we will be like Him  (1 John 3:2).   While I would like to be with Him in Heaven right now, but I am also fully aware that so much remains to be done now.  So like Paul, I am torn between the longing to be with Yeshua and the need to remain here and work further on what needs to be done for Him here.

Here is something to ponder OL coot.   I almost hate saying old coot in case you are old , that just seems so disrectful.

But anyway back to what to consider .  HOW do you TRULY KNOW their are at least TEN dimensions to the kwown universe.     Who says this.  

and HOW do they TRULY KNOW .   a hint mans science is best guess.   just something to ponder .

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  1,192
  • Content Per Day:  0.48
  • Birthday:  01/12/1957

Nachmanides, a venerated Jewish sage of the 13th century, in his analysis of the text of Genesis 1, determined there are 10 dimensions to the creation. 4 are knowable and 6 are unknowable.

Billions of dollars spent on particle colliders and particle accelerators, and science has come to the same conclusion.  4 are knowable and 6 are curled to less than 10 to the negative 33rd centimeters.

Those extra dimensions are what many would say is the realm of the spirit world.  It would also explain how something like UFO’s can make full 90 degree turns at over 5000 mph, or move from a stop to over 20,000 mph in less than a second, and make similar stops.  

We are myopic to think the existence we live in is reality.  No, reality is so much more than we perceive.

Edited by OldCoot