Scared that the people I care about will go to Hell

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  45
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  124
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  0

Yup. The title says everything. Well, my family is Christian and they believe in Christ but they don't give it too much importance. Of course they go to the Church every Sunday and they pray. I'm scared they won't go to Heaven and I don't think telling them this thing will make them feel better. What can I do? Or will they go to Heaven?

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  69
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,453
  • Content Per Day:  0.54
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  09/23/1991

3 hours ago, mat007 said:

I'm scared they won't go to Heaven and I don't think telling them this thing will make them feel better.

I have had these feelings too, when we had friends and know some people, in our family or not, who still haven't accepted Christ and are blind.

3 hours ago, mat007 said:

What can I do?

It is not something we can do, only God. What we can do is to pray and just do what God lead us to.

And what we can do is to live as we were instructed by the Lord Jesus, by walking in His Spirit, avoiding evil.

People who are not saved look at Christians differently, and God can use it in some way to show them what great things He can do to people's lives if they turn and come to Him.

I remember when I was lost and while I was hearing a music which made me think: "Am I following Jesus?! Really, am I?! Then I came to the conclusion I was not.".

Then God used that to make me think about it. Then after that He convinced me of reading His Word so that I could know Him, then I could see He was right: I was not following Him.

And today I thank the Lord Jesus for opening my eyes and for healing me.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,989
  • Topics Per Day:  0.49
  • Content Count:  48,687
  • Content Per Day:  11.89
  • Days Won:  226

2 hours ago, mat007 said:

Yup. The title says everything. Well, my family is Christian and they believe in Christ but they don't give it too much importance. Of course they go to the Church every Sunday and they pray. I'm scared they won't go to Heaven and I don't think telling them this thing will make them feel better. What can I do? Or will they go to Heaven?

You have to pray for them and tell God your concerns for your family. Ask God to allow your family to search their hearts. I think you should be honest with them and tell them your concerns.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Loved it! 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  207
  • Content Per Day:  0.09

What are they doing wrong exactly? I don't think it's any worry as long as you don't see them doing outright sinful things with a loving embrace. I mean plenty of us here don't go to church every Sunday either, though prayer is very important. 

Also, telling them you're scared that they won't get into heaven is actually a sign of affection than anything else. 

Frankly even the most chivalrous, most charitable, and honesty person among us is not good enough to enter heaven on their own account so I don't think you or any of us can see the state they're in with regards to salvation, even if you see that they produce works, whose to say that they really embraced Christ? And if their lips say that they do? Only God knows and see's their heart, but I still think you have it better than most considering they have an active church and prayer life. I would say you have no reason to worry, in the state that this world is in you have it better than most.   

Lastly, I don't think you should always try to make them "feel better" for the sake of that feeling, you should really consider momentary discomfort of a harsh truth if it would help them get into heaven. Don't become a 'yes-man' and tell people what they want to hear, churches would be filled to the brim with hedonists if the churches only preached what made the crowd feel good.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.13
  • Days Won:  78

I think most of us have this worry, mat.  All we can do is speak to them and pray for them.  God is the only one who can draw them closer to Him.  I worry about two of my family members, atheists, and I realize that I can't bring them to the Lord.  But I CAN pray that He reaches out to them.  He only expects us to spread His word, not to force it on anyone. 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  1,000
  • Content Per Day:  0.37
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  12/08/1950

Hi Mat007

My heart breaks for my family.  However, MG is right.  God said that the sower went out to sow.  He threw the seed in four different places.  Some of it fell on good soil.  I often pray that my family have good soil in their hearts, that the seed of the Word of God might fall in there; be nurtured and spring up to yield thirty, sixty and a hundred fold.  Only God can cause the growth.  I pray fervently for them every day, and have to leave the rest up to our Master. God bless bro.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  470
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Birthday:  04/07/1946

On 11/21/2017 at 7:19 PM, mat007 said:

1. Nobody knows. 2. Better reserve from  criticism. Better talk about some definite sins neutrally in a form of opinion exchange without reference to any person.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 4 weeks later...

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  20
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  77
  • Content Per Day:  0.03

On 11/21/2017 at 10:19 AM, mat007 said:

they go to church every sunday.. and they pray? heaven forbid! lol. what do you expect Christians to do?

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  35
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Birthday:  02/19/1987

On 21/11/2017 at 2:19 PM, mat007 said:

The only best thing you should do is to love them and behave like Jesus. Let the fruits of the Spirit flow through you.

Are you able to read their mind or to see deep in their heart to know what they are feeling or if they have redemption?

let God do his work. Don't live by the fear of hell; keep announcing the reign of God ;)

• Thumbs Up 1