• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  151
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  3,146
  • Content Per Day:  1.06
  • Days Won:  0

http://www.exitsupportnetwork.com/recovery/testimony/lamb.htm

I have recently cut ties with a cult, with the Worldwide Church of God, after twenty years in its spiritual concentration camp. After surrendering twenty years of my early adulthood to this false church I am coming to terms with the expected regrets, repercussions and the inevitable journey of healing in Jesus. Thank you for being there for myself and others whose minds have ironically been opened by the rhetorical overtures being made by the WCG to pursue acceptance by mainstream Christianity.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Praise God! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  593
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  55,875
  • Content Per Day:  7.55
  • Days Won:  271

My wife and I left that church several years before Herbert died....   I know what you are going through...

• Thumbs Up 2

• Followers:  32
  • Topic Count:  471
  • Topics Per Day:  0.17
  • Content Count:  6,543
  • Content Per Day:  2.30
  • Days Won:  9

8 hours ago, existential mabel said:

http://www.exitsupportnetwork.com/recovery/testimony/lamb.htm

I have recently cut ties with a cult, with the Worldwide Church of God, after twenty years in its spiritual concentration camp. After surrendering twenty years of my early adulthood to this false church I am coming to terms with the expected regrets, repercussions and the inevitable journey of healing in Jesus. Thank you for being there for myself and others whose minds have ironically been opened by the rhetorical overtures being made by the WCG to pursue acceptance by mainstream Christianity.

I was a member a long time ago. I even went to the feast where Herbert gave a sermon in person. I don't believe in there theology any more for a long time. I meant a lot of good people there. But it's not lead by God's spirit. It's good your finish with it. Christ is our salvation through faith. 

• Thumbs Up 3

• Followers:  32
  • Topic Count:  471
  • Topics Per Day:  0.17
  • Content Count:  6,543
  • Content Per Day:  2.30
  • Days Won:  9

4 hours ago, other one said:

My wife and I left that church several years before Herbert died....   I know what you are going through...

I was in it in 197os  in New york.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  320
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  6,829
  • Content Per Day:  0.85
  • Days Won:  1

I was duped by this cult and spent ten years there. I nearly lost my family and my job because of its teachings which I obeyed thinking I was obeying God.

I had a fantastic job, very high income, the manager warned me several times that If I leave work at sundown again he would fire me. Naturally, believing what I was taught, I left at sundown Friday. The following Friday morning he called me into his office and told me that if I leave at sundown this evening, don't come back, you will be fired. I replied, "Well you may as well fire me now, because I will leave this afternoon at sundown.

He floored me with his reply. He said, "Get out of my office right now, I will pay you to stay home Friday evening to Saturday evening, just don't tell anyone."

God read my heart. God did protect me as He promises even though I have since learnt we can observe the Sabbath on any day.

I eventually left my employer after finding a far better job paying even more. I'm glad to be free of the WWCOG cult.

• Thumbs Up 2

• Followers:  52
  • Topic Count:  1,010
  • Topics Per Day:  0.15
  • Content Count:  12,206
  • Content Per Day:  1.79
  • Days Won:  92

I read several years ago that this cult is no more... the leadership realized that the founder meant well but  the founder was horribly wrong in his teachings!!   I can't recall their current name exactly but it has Grace in the church's name.

I stumbled upon a very good Christian message on their website....and was stunned to realize they were formerly WWC of God!

I was happy to hear the above...I had an aunt who was in it.

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  593
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  55,875
  • Content Per Day:  7.55
  • Days Won:  271

5 hours ago, Debp said:

I read several years ago that this cult is no more... the leadership realized that the founder meant well but  the founder was horribly wrong in his teachings!!   I can't recall their current name exactly but it has Grace in the church's name.

I stumbled upon a very good Christian message on their website....and was stunned to realize they were formerly WWC of God!

Grace Communion Church of God is the name of the core group of the World Wide Church of God leaders.

They did change the doctrine of the church however about half of the people in the church didn't go along with the changes and many of the local pastors....   so they split off from the core group and Herbert's teachings are alive and well still today.      The Restored Church of God, as I remember, is one of those groups.    So the cult teaching lives even though the cult leader died in 1986.

Many of the church members who did not like the change moved over to Garner Ted Armstrong's church that he set up when he and his father had a falling out....   that's a long sorted story about the direction they thought the church should take.

Both of them were masters at rooting out bits of Biblical truths and getting people to pay attention to them then taking the people back to full under the old law existence.    

19 hours ago, other one said:

hey otherone i should have made it clear that was a quote i took from the article. thank the Lord i havent experienced that...

9 hours ago, Debp said:

aye now what is that saying ah yes... the wonder of the web

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_road_to_hell_is_paved_with_good_intentions

The road to hell is paved with good intentions is a proverb or aphorism. An alternative form is "Hell is full of good meanings, but heaven is full of good works".[1]

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  940
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,416
  • Content Per Day:  5.02
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

Seems to me that most churches that follow the unique "reveals" and teachings of one individual man are cults. For they all deny jesus in some way, exalting themself instead as a  teacher with special reveal  and or as a prophet. If a church is not Christ Jesus' local body of saints it is likely not of Christ, for God is second to no man. Any man taking credit for special wisdom that is  the Holy Spirit's reveal  of the word to him alone is deluded in my own opinon. Even if they are of Christ, they are  misdirecting out of pride in their own name and are not humble in the name of our Lord Jesus.

Now there are gifted teachers and pastors, but those do not sell their name above Jesus name.

Edited by Neighbor
typo changed ot to to
  • Thumbs Up 1