• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  52
  • Topic Count:  1,014
  • Topics Per Day:  0.15
  • Content Count:  12,276
  • Content Per Day:  1.79
  • Days Won:  92

12 hours ago, other one said:

Grace Communion Church of God is the name of the core group of the World Wide Church of God leaders.

They did change the doctrine of the church however about half of the people in the church didn't go along with the changes and many of the local pastors....   so they split off from the core group and Herbert's teachings are alive and well still today.      The Restored Church of God, as I remember, is one of those groups.    So the cult teaching lives even though the cult leader died in 1986.

Many of the church members who did not like the change moved over to Garner Ted Armstrong's church that he set up when he and his father had a falling out....   that's a long sorted story about the direction they thought the church should take.

Both of them were masters at rooting out bits of Biblical truths and getting people to pay attention to them then taking the people back to full under the old law existence.    

Yes, I did wonder if some of the members rejected the leadership saying that the founder, Armstrong, had been wrong.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  32
  • Topic Count:  475
  • Topics Per Day:  0.17
  • Content Count:  6,556
  • Content Per Day:  2.29
  • Days Won:  9

There is a church called the restored church of God. Run by David Pack. It is a clone of the WWCG. He was my assistant pastor in New York back when. It has everything thing the same. But It is not of God.