• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  266
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,182
  • Content Per Day:  3.49
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

`He even exalts himself as high as the Prince of the host; and by him the daily sacrifices were taken away, and the place of his sanctuary was cast down. because of transgression, an army was given over to the horn to oppose the daily sacrifices, and he cast truth down to the ground. He did all this and prospered.

Then I heard a holy one speaking; and another holy one said to that certain one who was speaking, "How long will the vision be, concerning the daily sacrifices and the transgression of desolation, the giving of both the sanctuary and the sanctuary and the host to be trampled underfoot?"

And he said to me, "For two thousand and three hundred days (evening-mornings); then the sanctuary shall be cleansed."`  (Dan. 8: 11 - 14)

Interesting number - 2,300 days, (evening-mornings).

I believe they that is the time from the sacrifices in Israel beginning again, then through the time of the A/D (abomination of desolation) the sanctuary & host cast down and an image that talks set up, (Rev. 13: 15) through to the temple being cleansed, properly restored.

....I...(220 days).....X.................(2,300 days) ..............................I...>    (= 7 yrs) (X = sacrifices starting)

What are your thoughts?

Marilyn.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,957
  • Content Per Day:  0.56
  • Days Won:  0

The 2300 evenings and mornings are 1150 24 hour days

This will be during the second half of the coming tribulation period of 3.5 years

The little horn [antichrist] will invade Israel at the mid point of the 70th week, set up the abomination of desolation over 110 days and then rule over Israel for the next 1150 days 

3 hours ago, Daniel 11:36 said:

This will be during the second half of the coming tribulation period of 3.5 years

The little horn [antichrist] will invade Israel at the mid point of the 70th week, set up the abomination of desolation over 110 days and then rule over Israel for the next 1150 days 

Hi Daniel,

If we do the timeline with the 1,150 days in the last part of the trib, it cannot fulfil the requirements - sacrifices start, A/D and then the Temple cleansed. The A/D is in the middle of the trib, as you rightly say, but where are the other points  - sacrifices start, and finally the Temple cleansed?

....I..................................I..............(1,260 days)........................I......(1,290)........I...>

Peace treaty................................A/D................(1,150 days ?)...........................End of A/C...........Temple Cleansed.

I think you have not factored in these scriptures, bro. The sacrifices obviously start before the A/D and then the final point is the Temple cleansing. Two fixed points that are outside the 1,260 days of the rule of the A/C.

`And he (global leader) was given a mouth speaking great things and blasphemies, and he was given authority to continue for 42 months, (1,260 days).` (Rev. 13: 5)

`And from the time that the daily sacrifice is taken away and the abomination of desolation is set up, there shall be 1,290 days.` (Dan. 12: 11)

....I..................................I..............(1,260 days)........................I......(1,290)........I...>

Peace treaty.....(sacrifices).......A/D.................................................................End of A/C...........Temple Cleansed.

regards, Marilyn. 

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.35
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

4 hours ago, Daniel 11:36 said:

NO graphs from me.  but they are TWENTY THREE HUNDRED TWENTY FOUR HOUR DAYS.    day and night , morning and evening .  twenty four hours.  

• Thumbs Up 1

7 hours ago, Marilyn C said:

`He even exalts himself as high as the Prince of the host; and by him the daily sacrifices were taken away, and the place of his sanctuary was cast down. because of transgression, an army was given over to the horn to oppose the daily sacrifices, and he cast truth down to the ground. He did all this and prospered.

Then I heard a holy one speaking; and another holy one said to that certain one who was speaking, "How long will the vision be, concerning the daily sacrifices and the transgression of desolation, the giving of both the sanctuary and the sanctuary and the host to be trampled underfoot?"

And he said to me, "For two thousand and three hundred days (evening-mornings); then the sanctuary shall be cleansed."`  (Dan. 8: 11 - 14)

Interesting number - 2,300 days, (evening-mornings).

I believe they that is the time from the sacrifices in Israel beginning again, then through the time of the A/D (abomination of desolation) the sanctuary & host cast down and an image that talks set up, (Rev. 13: 15) through to the temple being cleansed, properly restored.

....I...(220 days).....X.................(2,300 days) ..............................I...>    (= 7 yrs) (X = sacrifices starting)

What are your thoughts?

Marilyn.

I have never followed grahps due to most men messed them up.  HOWEVER let me tell you what I learned  by just reading the bible by the grace of GOD

and see what  you ponder .    In revelations in  three places it says the equivilance of three and one half years.

as i read Daniel and i am not knowing this for sure , its speculation , but I notice it says a seven year treaty.  and if he breaks it midway, and that at THREE and one half years

.  I think it might be connected.   The beast is given power to continue three and a half years ,

i notice this ,  the two witnesses prophesy three and a half years, but are killed at its end.

I also notice a peace convenant in todays time concerning Israel. and it is about PEACE.  and something else that really hits home

This king divides the land for gain.   HE divides what land....................JERUSALEM.  now what is the main component in this peace deal  , DIVIDE JERUSALEM give part to the palestnes

etc.    THIS don't seem like coinincidence at all.     IT sounds like PROPHECY is nigh to get done .     I did long ago do the math

The exact middle of seven years is THREE years six months.   and i don't believe this is coinicidence either that he says he breaks the covenant mid week.  MID of seven years

is three and a half years.   

• Thumbs Up 1

OH i nearly forgot .  Happy thanksgiving to OUR Lord day.  SISTER you loved .   be blessed and praise the Lord.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  84
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  4,011
  • Content Per Day:  1.13
  • Days Won:  4

12 hours ago, Daniel 11:36 said:

9 hours ago, Marilyn C said:

Hi Daniel,

If we do the timeline with the 1,150 days in the last part of the trib, it cannot fulfil the requirements - sacrifices start, A/D and then the Temple cleansed. The A/D is in the middle of the trib, as you rightly say, but where are the other points  - sacrifices start, and finally the Temple cleansed?

Hello Daniel 11:36 and Marilyn,

That passage in Daniel 8 is widely interpreted to say the least.  While it may have had a historical fulfillment, the language also suggests a future fulfillment especially verses 23-26.

The focus of the prophecy is on the "regular sacrifice", referring specifically to the morning and evening sacrifices that were to be offered continually. (Exodus 29:38-41, Numbers 28:1-8)  Given that context, I also believe that it refers to 2300 sacrifices which would span 1150 days.  The word "days" is never used, only "evening - morning" in the singular.  So it reads 2300 evening morning, and since it concerns the regular sacrifice, 2300 sacrifices would span 1150 days.

In the context of the latter days, these verses say a lot:

• It grew up to the host of heaven and caused some of the host and some of the stars to fall to the earth, and it trampled them down.  It even magnified itself to be equal with the Commander of the host; and it removed the regular sacrifice from Him, and the place of His sanctuary was thrown down.  And on account of transgression the host will be given over to the horn along with the regular sacrifice; and it will fling truth to the ground and perform its will and prosper.  Daniel 8:11-12

Things to note:

• The "host" is not Israel.  The host fell to earth, and only some of the host did.
  • The horn removed the regular sacrifice from the Commander of the host and began receiving it himself.
  • This was due to the transgression of some of the host.

Daniel 8 is not about putting an end to sacrifice.  It is about the horn's ability to redirect the daily sacrifice from God to himself by causing some of the host to sin (as indicated by the bold text in the passage above).  This is speaking of the time when the AoD is set up and some believers (the place of His sanctuary) are deceived into committing the sin of worshiping the man of sin instead of God.  

It will take 1150 days for His sanctuary to be restored.  His sanctuary is properly restored when He is receiving the worship of the regular sacrifice from His host.  This restoration or cleansing is accomplished through the plagues.  Their main purpose is to call the deceived to repentance by displaying the power God has over His creation, and the man of sin's impotence to do anything about it.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,957
  • Content Per Day:  0.56
  • Days Won:  0

but where are the other points  - sacrifices start, and finally the Temple cleansed?"

Revelation 11:2

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  84
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  4,011
  • Content Per Day:  1.13
  • Days Won:  4

8 hours ago, Daniel 11:36 said:

but where are the other points  - sacrifices start, and finally the Temple cleansed?"

Revelation 11:2

• Therefore I urge you, brethren, by the mercies of God, to present your bodies a living and holy sacrifice, acceptable to God, which is your spiritual service of worship.  Romans 12:1
  • You also, as living stones, are being built up as a spiritual house for a holy priesthood, to offer up spiritual sacrifices acceptable to God through Jesus Christ. 1 Peter 2:5

Daniel 8 is not about a temple in Jerusalem where animals are sacrificed.  The new covenant has come and we are the temple of God, individually and collectively.

• Then there was given me a measuring rod like a staff; and someone said, “Get up and measure the temple of God and the altar, and those who worship in it.  Leave out the court which is outside the temple and do not measure it, for it has been given to the nations; and they will tread under foot the holy city for forty-two months.  Revelation 11:1-2

This is likewise speaking of the temple of God that's not made with hands.  It's speaking of an assessment of the spiritual condition of the body of Christ.  The great tribulation will accomplish the measuring.

22 hours ago, Last Daze said:
  • Therefore I urge you, brethren, by the mercies of God, to present your bodies a living and holy sacrifice, acceptable to God, which is your spiritual service of worship.  Romans 12:1
  • You also, as living stones, are being built up as a spiritual house for a holy priesthood, to offer up spiritual sacrifices acceptable to God through Jesus Christ. 1 Peter 2:5

Daniel 8 is not about a temple in Jerusalem where animals are sacrificed.  The new covenant has come and we are the temple of God, individually and collectively.

• Then there was given me a measuring rod like a staff; and someone said, “Get up and measure the temple of God and the altar, and those who worship in it.  Leave out the court which is outside the temple and do not measure it, for it has been given to the nations; and they will tread under foot the holy city for forty-two months.  Revelation 11:1-2

This is likewise speaking of the temple of God that's not made with hands.  It's speaking of an assessment of the spiritual condition of the body of Christ.  The great tribulation will accomplish the measuring.

Hi Last Daze,

Now you & I know very well that the Body of Christ revelation was NOT given till Paul received it after Christ rose from the dead. There is NO mention of the Body of Christ in the Old Testament writings. Thus the temple spoken about in Daniel and again by the Lord in Matthew is a temple, a building where the Jews worship God.

A big error over the years has been for people to put the Body of Christ at the centre of God`s word - it`s all about us, NO it isn`t, it`s all about the Lord, His character and His purposes. Get that right and everything starts to become clear.

regards, Marilyn.