• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  50
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,727
  • Content Per Day:  1.04
  • Days Won:  5

9 hours ago, The_Patriot2017 said:

I realize that, I apologize if you thought I was attacking you in anyway. I was just trying to explain my position on the matter.

While I personally don't see the point of addressing the person, I also don't see any problem with it, I didn't mean to make you feel like I was coming down on you in any way.

Never should there be a problem with sharing ones opinions. Everyone may not agree...but that's alright.

Hello again The_Patriot2017

That was very humble of you.  I can tell you have a good spirit inside you.  Thank you brother.  May you be forever blessed.

• Thumbs Up 2

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.11
  • Days Won:  78

55 minutes ago, Sister said:

Hello again MorningGlory

Ok, I will make this clear.  When I used my own expression "the book of the Damned", I picture it like this.

We know there is the Lambs book of life.  All who inherit the kingdom, their names will be recorded in this, ...then there's the final White Throne Judgement.  In this judgement they will be judged according to the books (plural).  There are many books containing all our deeds, nothing will be hidden or missed, so I see this as our own special books that we will be judged by, with all our own works recorded good and bad.  Now in this judgement, all our deeds will be weighed out and balanced.  If we are found wanting and the scales tip to the left, then our names go into another book - all the names reserved for the lake of fire.  This is the final list after judgement, and what I call the book of the damned.  There will definately be a list.  If the scale tips more to the right, then into the Lambs book of life their names will go.  In the end there are only two books that really matter, but there is a process in between where our own books will be presented and in this judgement we are judged out of that.

I'm taking it that this scenario is how you see it, and if you believe it then it's fine, but Scripture doesn't talk about any such thing.  I will go with what the Bible tells us.  I don't think it's a salvational issue since your scenario doesn't change the final result of judgment.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Content Count:  2,491
  • Content Per Day:  0.55
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  02/02/1971

10 hours ago, Yowm said:

Dear Sister,

I have nothing to say

Sincerely,

Yowm

Dear Yowm, 

I find your post most heart warming  I also learned in addressing you I always thought your username was Ywom.  So this has helped my spelling!

may God bless you, 

hmbld

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Content Count:  2,491
  • Content Per Day:  0.55
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  02/02/1971

6 hours ago, Sister said:

Dear Yowm

I said nothing about signing off with our name, but just with an initial greeting, ...like starting off the conversation with a little warmth and closeness.

Dear Sister,

this thread was a great idea. I also like Yowm’s suggestion, maybe not every time, if an exchange is ongoing. But for some, I have noticed who do sign off, it adds something. Something nice.

I’d like to add, the commentaries I read agree with what you said about “books” in rev 20:12, short of angels recording that is. 

God bless you,

hmbld

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  626
  • Content Per Day:  0.23
  • Days Won:  0

20 hours ago, Sister said:

Hi Patriot2017

I understand if the conversation goes on a bit, and saying "Hi so and so" every two minutes may get annoying, but I'm not talking about that kind of thing, but the initial greeting is showing brotherly love in my opinion, and a respectful invitation to engage in conversation.

I think forums are not that much different to letters, because for one, it gives us the opportunity to put into practice all the things Christ taught us starting from the basics on how to conduct ourselves with others.  Unbelievers are reading also, and watching for our souls on how we behave towards each other.  We need to set a good example, and I guess for me, it goes even deeper than just addressing someone's name.  We are sitting at a screen and no one can see our faces,..all they can see is what comes out of our heart through words typed onto a screen, ...these words reflect our spirit.  It is very easy to lose control on these forums and a perfect opportunity for the devil to come in and have fun with us.  Even though we cannot see each other's faces, we should appreciate that the internet is a good tool to have communication with just about anyone as if we were sitting in the same room looking at each other.  If I walked into a room where you are, I am sure we would both greet each other kindly before starting conversation.  We would show each other respect.  I don't see a forum as being any different.

I have been on several forums and I think for the most part people are fine with just making their statements and then moving on. I don't think it shows or doesn't show brotherly love if I use there name in the initial greeting. As another poster stated I also just quote the person and then if I feel like addressing their name in the response I will. Forums are this way not just here but just about everywhere. It is common place. 

Now if  a post is offensive or attacks someone then yes I would consider the brotherly love thing. But personally I don't use the usernames of people here just because I respond to the quotes. And I think for the most part people are fine with this type of forum etiquette. 

Just don't let it bother you if people in any forum don't greet you by your name or even your username. They are not being offensive nor does it mean that they are not being kind. This is really just how forums work and we as forum users have accepted this as the norm. :) 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.35
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

16 hours ago, MorningGlory said:

No idea what you're trying to say here.

It was the beauty of what Christ said.    you made mention of it .   

About not rejoicing that we have power over , but rather rejoicing that are names are wrote above.   

14 hours ago, hmbld said:

Dear Sister,

this thread was a great idea. I also like Yowm’s suggestion, maybe not every time, if an exchange is ongoing. But for some, I have noticed who do sign off, it adds something. Something nice.

I’d like to add, the commentaries I read agree with what you said about “books” in rev 20:12, short of angels recording that is. 

God bless you,

hmbld

Dear hmbld

Our Avatars show who's writing the post, but not to whom unless we quote them.  I think there's still a few on here that don't know how to use the quote function, so when they reply without addressing who they are speaking to, and without a quote, we don't get notification and it gets missed.  Can look like we are ignoring.  A little simple courtesy goes a long way.

Regarding "the books", it's clear there is more than one book, and it makes sense that it's our own personal book that we will be judged by, according to what's written in there of all our deeds, and if we are found in this particular judgement, it will not be nice.  Everything is recorded, things we may forget over time, or not realise, and shame will cover us when all comes to light, before the Judge and jurors.

I am glad you are pondering on the books also,

God bless you too brother.

12 hours ago, Jaydog1976 said:

I have been on several forums and I think for the most part people are fine with just making their statements and then moving on. I don't think it shows or doesn't show brotherly love if I use there name in the initial greeting. As another poster stated I also just quote the person and then if I feel like addressing their name in the response I will. Forums are this way not just here but just about everywhere. It is common place. 

Now if  a post is offensive or attacks someone then yes I would consider the brotherly love thing. But personally I don't use the usernames of people here just because I respond to the quotes. And I think for the most part people are fine with this type of forum etiquette. 

Just don't let it bother you if people in any forum don't greet you by your name or even your username. They are not being offensive nor does it mean that they are not being kind. This is really just how forums work and we as forum users have accepted this as the norm. :) 

Hi Jaydog1976

Thanks for your thoughts, I will not get offended and understand.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  65
  • Topic Count:  105
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  3,568
  • Content Per Day:  1.39
  • Days Won:  7

This has been an interesting thread to read through. Thank you Sister for starting it. And thank you all for your contribution to it.