listener24

An unprecedented event: would you join this?

"knock and the door will be opened to you."

Imagine this unprecedented event.
Christians, from all over the world, 
united physically in congregations,
united virtually through technology,
united spiritually in the Holy Ghost,
praying together with a clear, unified intention: shortening, hastening the Return of the Lord (Peter 3:12, 
Revelation 22:20, Matthew 6:5-13, Luke 18:1-8)
Wouldn’t the Lord be quick, in fulfilling their holy prayer?

“[…] And the Lord said, “Listen to what the unjust judge says. 
And will not God bring about justice for his chosen ones, who cry out to him day and night? Will he keep putting 
them off? I tell you, he will see that they get justice, and quickly. 
However, when the Son of Man comes, will he find faith on the earth?This is not happening yet, but we can make it happen.

SUMMARY (You can freely download the pdf)

1 - Brief history of the Church
2 – God wants men to cooperate his plans
3 – The importance of prayer and the Lord’s prayer
4 – The Last Day
5 – While in the world
6 – Warnings
7 – Avoid misconceptions
8 – An unprecedented event
9 – SOURCES

1 - Brief history of the Church

Along the history, many spiritual leaders did not listen to (Matthew 23:9-10)And do not call anyone on earth 'father,' for you have one Father, and he is in heaven.
Nor are you to be called instructors, for you have one Instructor, the Messiah.”

Therefore, it comes as no surprise that many false teachings did spread for centuries. Nor it is a surprise that 
true Christians come to a better understanding of some concepts through centuries, because luckily some of them 
are able to get rid of the false teachings they have received. Indeed, luckily some listened to Matthew 23:9-10. 

Moreover, Jesus said (John 16:12):I have much more to say to you, more than you can now bear.
But when he, the Spirit of truth, comes, he will guide you into all the truth. He will not speak on his own; he 
will speak only what he hears, and he will tell you what is yet to come.Thus, an increasing understanding, founded on the Gospels and never contradicting them, is to be expected 
through history.

2 – God wants men to cooperate his plans

Even though God could do everything alone, by not waiting his followers to align their will to His will, still 
he wants men to decide to cooperate with Him, to proceed in His salvation Plan. 
For those who knows the Scriptures, it’s not needed to quote the countless times in which God waited for men 
to turn to Him, and adhere His plan, before making things happen. Because being a loving Father, he doesn’t 
force His will upon men.

3 – The importance of prayer and the Lord’s prayer

Point 2 on cooperation between God and men, is one of the reasons why Jesus stressed so much the importance 
of prayer. To be short, we only quote some passages, but there are countless ones in the Gospels alone:
(Matthew 7:7) 
“Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you.”
(John 16:24)
“Until now you have not asked for anything in my name. Ask and you will receive, and your joy will be complete.”

Of course, we need to make prayers aligned with God’s will. But even if something is already in God’s will, 
it’s really important for us to pray for it, because the Lord don’t want to force his gifts upon us, but want 
us to desire Him. Otherwise, there wouldn’t be any need for any prayer whatsoever. 

Now, what’s the only prayer that the Lord directly taught us? The Lord’s prayer.
Let’s examine some passages:
“your kingdom come, your will be done, on earth as it is in heaven.”
[…]
“And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from the evil one.”

Now, let’s think about it, by knowing the Scriptures. When and how can the Lord completely fulfill these 
requests? Could they be fulfilled while we are still on earth?

4 – The Last Day

It doesn’t take a leap of imagination, to realize that the Lord’s prayer promises will be fully fulfilled only 
with the Rapture and His Second Coming.
[Even the only apparently not messianic request about the “bread”, is translated somewhere as “the bread of 
tomorrow”, thus indicating the bread of the Kingdom.]

Now, it’s not a purpose of this work to choose which interpretation of the Second Coming is more Scriptural. 
Whatever it is, pre/post/multi/anti/tribulation,this is not the point here.

The point is that only in the Last Day, the Lord will fully fulfill the Lord’s prayer requests. 

Now, are we aware of this? Are we, most Christians, praying that prayer with full intention and awareness, 
with the awareness that we are asking the Lord, according to His will, to shorten the days of His coming?

It doesn’t seem like this awareness has been fully reached so far, but now the times may be arrived. 
Now this intention can be shared to Christians all over the earth. 

And it’s nothing new, it’s something fully Scriptural (Peter 3:12, Revelation 22:20, Matthew 6:13), 
it’s just a better understanding of the power of our prayer in the name of Jesus. 

We are not predicting the day or the hour, and we’ll never try to do it.

There is no needing of knowing the day nor the our, to ask the Lord to come quick, according to His will. 

How powerful would be this prayer, shouted by all His elects?

What if some wise pastors could be able to share this intention to Christians all over the world, and all 
together we could pray “Come”, and “Deliver us from evil”, with the full understanding that we are asking for 
the Rapture, instead of passively waiting for it? 

This would be an unprecedented event in History, since so far most Christians have passively waited for it

5 – While in the world

Asking for the rapture, doesn’t cut off any obligation for a true Christian life.
Before Jesus returns, we’ll still have the obligation to love everyone, serve other people, improve the 
society, improve ourself, spread the Gospel. All of these commandments are in the Gospel and are immutable. 
At the same time, with this prayer, we clarify our intention to God, we tell Him that we are ready, and it 
is now time for our plans to align with His plans, and that we fully want and responsibly request His return 
for the elects.

6 – Warnings

Unfortunately, there will always be some Christians who don’t really want the Lord to come soon. They are 
not excited at all about Heaven. Exactly like in these Parables:

(Luke 14:15-20)
“When one of those at the table with him heard this, he said to Jesus, “Blessed is the one who will eat 
at the feast in the kingdom of God.”
Jesus replied: “A certain man was preparing a great banquet and invited many guests. At the time of the 
banquet he sent his servant to tell those who had been invited, ‘Come, for everything is now ready.’ “But they 
all alike began to make excuses. The first said, ‘I have just bought a field, and I must go and see it. Please 
excuse me.’ “Another said, ‘I have just bought five yoke of oxen, and I’m on my way to try them out. Please 
excuse me.’ “Still another said, ‘I just got married, so I can’t come.’

(Luke 19:14)
"But his subjects hated him and sent a delegation after him to say, 'We don't want this man to be our king.'

(John 12:43)
“For they loved the praise of men more than the praise of God.”

But other Christians who aspire to Heaven, would have no reason to not pray this prayer. In the worst case, 
it will have no effect. In the best case, how glad we will be, to see the Lord coming quickly for us.

7 – Avoid misconceptions

Q: “Does praying the Lord to come quickly mean that we don’t trust His promise that He will come?”
A: “Absolutely not. The Lord knew the future. He knew about the prayers from His elects, and that he wouldn’t 
wait to fulfill them. Exactly as in countless other situations, in which the Lord has waited for men to ask Him 
for what is good. (Matthew 15:21-28). We are sure that His promise will be fulfilled, but we want to be among the 
ones that have aligned with His will and asked Him to fulfill it quickly.”

Q: “Are we forcing the Lord to do something not in His will? Doesn’t He know the Right Time?”
A: “He knows the Right Time, and we don’t know according to which criteria He has decided it. 
But according to the prayer He taught, when He decided it, part of the weight for the decision, 
came from considering the prayers of His elects (Peter 3:12, Revelation 22:20, Matthew 6:13, Luke 18:1-8). 
Exactly as in other situations, He gave importance and weight to the will of his disciples and 
prophets, when aligned to His will”

Q: “Are Christians praying this prayer exempt to contribute to society, and to spend their lives serving 
others until the Lord come?”
A: “Absolutely not. A real Christian will follow all Jesus words,not only ones about prayer,respect the 
laws of his country, and will spend His life helping other people, so that when the Lord will come, he 
will find him ready.” (Matthew 24:45-51)
“Who then is a faithful and wise servant, whom his lord hath made ruler over his household, to give them 
meat in due season?Blessed is that servant, whom his lord when he cometh shall find so doing.
Verily I say unto you, That he shall make him ruler over all his goods.
But and if that evil servant shall say in his heart, My lord delayeth his coming;
And shall begin to smite his fellowservants, and to eat and drink with the drunken;
The lord of that servant shall come in a day when he looketh not for him, and in an hour that he is not 
aware of,And shall cut him asunder, and appoint him his portion with the hypocrites: there shall be weeping 
and gnashing of teeth.”

Q: “Will shortening the return of the Lord prevent some people from salvation?”
A: “First off, remember that there will never be a moment on earth in which everyone will be Christian, 
before the rapture. It is not written anywhere. On the contrary, it is written about an increasingly 
diminishing of faith. Moreover, people who haven’t met Christ but are seeking for the Truth in their hearts, 
and are loving their brothers, will be likely raptured too. 
Exactly as some other righteous people like Socrates, will be raised in the last day, while evil people who 
are not seeking for repentance because they don’t have the seed of repentance in their hearts, will be left. 
Therefore, there is no such risk in shortening the day. Otherwise, the Lord wouldn’t have taught us this prayer.”

Q:”What about theological and philosophical implications of this event Why someone is taken and someone 
else left?”
A: “These are not treated here. They will be treated in other works, and some wise pastors will be able 
to answer this, by following the Scriptures”

8 – An unprecedented event

If most Christian living today will share this intention, and pray together for it, this will be an 
unprecedented even in the history of the world.
If the rapture happened centuries ago, it would have likely remained unexplained and not testified everywhere. 
But nowadays, thanks to technologies and to the Gospel spread everywhere, it will be testified to people of 
all nations, and everyone will know what happened. 

Now, our hope is that some wise Christian, who spent their lifes in the hope of Jesus’ Return, will actively spread 
this prayer and this intention among other pastors and Christians, so that all of us may be reunited under 
the Lord’s prayer, and pray together, with full intention and understanding and without the usual countless 
distractions and desires:

Our Father, who art in heaven,
hallowed be thy Name, 
thy kingdom come, 
thy will be done, 
on earth as it is in heaven. 

Give us this day the bread of the Day that is coming. 
And forgive us our trespasses, 
as we forgive those
who trespass against us. 

And lead us not into temptation, 
but deliver us from evil. 

Maranatha. 
Our Lord, come!

9 - SOURCES:

http://learnbibleprophecy.blogspot.it/2010/12/come-lord-jesus-maranatha.html

https://www.oneplace.com/ministries/love-worth-finding/read/articles/can-we-hasten-the-second-coming-of-christ-15204.html

http://www.whatsaiththescripture.com/Timeline/Hastening.Lords.Return.html

http://christianteaching.org.uk/blog/eschatology/hastening-the-return-of-christ/#comment-32538

http://folkslisten.blogspot.it/2010/06/can-i-speed-up-return-of-jesus.html

https://nathanaelflock.wordpress.com/2013/06/17/scriptural-conviction-hastening-the-day-of-the-lord/

http://quailandmanna.com/god-justice/

https://peteenns.com/why-jesus-hasnt-come-back-yet-according-to-the-new-testament/

http://ifollowjesusnow.tk/hastening-ready-day-lord/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RIdjGyMTAds

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bM67orv8VkYF

PDF:

maranatha.pdf

Hello and Welcome.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, listener24 said:

"knock and the door will be opened to you."

Imagine this unprecedented event.
Christians, from all over the world, 
united physically in congregations,
united virtually through technology,
united spiritually in the Holy Ghost,
praying together with a clear, unified intention: shortening, hastening the Return of the Lord (Peter 3:12, 
Revelation 22:20, Matthew 6:13)
Wouldn’t the Lord be quick, in fulfilling their holy prayer?

No, he would not.   The day of the Lord's return is a set time.  God always operates his schedule, not ours.  If you read the Bible, the Lord's return has to be preceded by the Mark of the Beast, the reign of the Anti-Christ/beast and false prophets, the death and resurrection of the two witnesses, the sealing of the 144,000 evangelists from the 12 tribes, seven trumpet judgments, seven bowl judgments, the martyrdom of the saints saved during the tribulation. 

The Lord is not going to return sooner than He has planned no matter how hard anyone prays or how much unity there is.

• Thumbs Up 3

46 minutes ago, shiloh357 said:

No, he would not.   The day of the Lord's return is a set time.  God always operates his schedule, not ours.  If you read the Bible, the Lord's return has to be preceded by the Mark of the Beast, the reign of the Anti-Christ/beast and false prophets, the death and resurrection of the two witnesses, the sealing of the 144,000 evangelists from the 12 tribes, seven trumpet judgments, seven bowl judgments, the martyrdom of the saints saved during the tribulation. 

The Lord is not going to return sooner than He has planned no matter how hard anyone prays or how much unity there is.

Agree.

• Looking for and hastening the coming of the day of God.  2 Peter 3:12

This is more of an expression of desire (Looking for and longing for . . .).  The timing is fixed by God's own authority. Acts 1:7

4 hours ago, listener24 said:

Unfortunately, there will always be some Christians who don’t really want the Lord to come soon. They are not excited at all about Heaven.

And these people need to repent and wake up as soon as possible. If they do not want the Lord to come is because their focus is not on Him.

"But if that evil servant says in his heart, ‘My master is delaying his coming,’
and begins to beat his fellow servants, and to eat and drink with the drunkards,
the master of that servant will come on a day when he is not looking for him and at an hour that he is not aware of,
and will cut him in two and appoint him his portion with the hypocrites. There shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth." - Matthew 24:48-51

The world and our flesh has nothing good to offer or that deserve our utmost attention.

"For whoever desires to save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life for My sake will save it.
For what profit is it to a man if he gains the whole world, and is himself destroyed or lost?" - Luke 9:24-25

Because every second we dedicate to our flesh is a second lost, a second we will not want to remember. And every second we spent with the Lord is a second well spent, that we all will want to remember; and will be attached to eternity.

"My sheep hear My voice, and I know them, and they follow Me." - John 10:27

• Loved it! 1

It is that time of year when children begin to say "I want","I want","I want".

Instead of only thinking of yourself and what you want and when you want it,why don't you try to understand what God had already decided long,long ago,long before you decided what you want and when you want it.

• Thumbs Up 1

20 minutes ago, Shilohsfoal said:

Instead of only thinking of yourself and what you want and when you want it

Hi brother, thanks for your reply. Actually, I was thinking about Christians persecuted all over the world, when really wishing the Rapture to happen soon, it wasn't only a selfish consideration.  

Though, I admit that the personal desire to be with the Lord as soon as possible plays a role too. I hope I'll be forgiven for this desire, though I can imagine worse "sins" than this :)

Peace. Maranatha.

1 hour ago, 4LdKHVCzRDj2 said:

Because every second we dedicate to our flesh is a second lost, a second we will not want to remember. And every second we spent with the Lord is a second well spent, that we all will want to remember; and will be attached to eternity.

"My sheep hear My voice, and I know them, and they follow Me." - John 10:27

Beautifully said, 3LdKHVCzRDj2 :)

To all the brothers who answered that everything has been decided by God (true) regardless our prayers (I doubt about this), I have just a simple question: why this should be true only for this prayer that seems so ugly to you, and not for any other of your prayers? Didn't the Lord decide all the other things you are asking for too?

So following this logic, shouldn't we discard half of the Gospel, who preach about the importance of asking and of the prayers? As well as the Lord's prayer. And any other prayer.

And in case you want to bring the hypothesis that prayers are more for us spiritually than for an effective result, of course, one point of the prayer is for us to align to God's will, but it's not the only point: "ask AND you will receive, seek AND you will find, knock AND it will be opened to you" are famous words from the Gospel.

Thank you very much for your attention! 

"And when you pray, do not keep on babbling like pagans, for they think they will be heard because of their many words."

Edited by listener24

13 minutes ago, listener24 said:

Hi brother, thanks for your reply. Actually, I was thinking about Christians persecuted all over the world, when really wishing the Rapture to happen soon, it wasn't only a selfish consideration.  

Though, I admit that the personal desire to be with the Lord as soon as possible plays a role too. I hope I'll be forgiven for this desire, though I can imagine worse "sins" than this :)

Peace. Maranatha.

Beautifully said, 3LdKHVCzRDj2 :)

To all the brothers who answered that everything has been decided by God (true) regardless our prayers (I doubt about this), I have just a simple question: why this should be true only for this prayer that seems so ugly to you, and not for any other of your prayers? Didn't the Lord decide all the other things you are asking for too?

So following this logic, shouldn't we discard half of the Gospel, who preach about the importance of asking and of the prayers? As well as the Lord's prayer. And any other prayer.

And in case you want to bring the hypothesis that prayers are more for us spiritually than for an effective result, of course, one point of the prayer is for us to align to God's will, but it's not the only point: "ask AND you will receive, seek AND you will find, knock AND it will be opened to you" are famous words from the Gospel.

Thank you very much for your attention! 

"And when you pray, do not keep on babbling like pagans, for they think they will be heard because of their many words."

I sought God and I found God.I asked for God and I received God.

I knocked and the door was opened.

Perhaps you should seek God with your heart instead of asking the world to find him for you.

http://biblehub.com/luke/11-13.htm

And if you want to understand what Jesus is talking about,keep it in context.

Edited by Shilohsfoal

3 minutes ago, Shilohsfoal said:

I asked for God and I received God

I'm happy for you, and I received Him too, and can never forget the moment my life changed.

I already rejoice in Him and his Word every day.

1 hour ago, Last Daze said:

Agree.

• Looking for and hastening the coming of the day of God.  2 Peter 3:12

This is more of an expression of desire (Looking for and longing for . . .).  The timing is fixed by God's own authority. Acts 1:7

However, at worse, I share this same desire of Peter, if it's only a desire as Last Daze said. I don't think I've nothing to lose from that. While, at best...you do the math.

• Similar Content

• By Brother Duke
      Here is a study I have been working on.

Woe, Woe, woe.

Revelation uses woes as markers or time stamps. The trumpets, seals and bowls are grouped within the 3 woes. The word Alas is translated from the same word in the Greek that is Woe. I have also noticed the great earthquake is always around the resurrection. There was a great earthquake when Christ was resurrected and there was an earthquake when the two witness were brought back to life.

Revelation 8:13 And I beheld, and heard an angel flying through the midst of heaven, saying with a loud voice, Woe, woe, woe, to the inhabiters of the earth by reason of the other voices of the trumpet of the three angels, which are yet to sound!

1st woe devil is cast out and tribulation starts.

Revelation 9:1 And the fifth angel sounded, and I saw a star fall from heaven unto the earth: and to him was given the key of the bottomless pit.

Revelation 12:12 Therefore rejoice, ye heavens, and ye that dwell in them. Woe to the inhabiters of the earth and of the sea! for the devil is come down unto you, having great wrath, because he knoweth that he hath but a short time.

Matthew 24:9 Then shall they deliver you up to be afflicted, and shall kill you: and ye shall be hated of all nations for my name's sake. 

Matthew 24:21 For then shall be great tribulation, such as was not since the beginning of the world to this time, no, nor ever shall be.

2nd woe resurrection/rapture. Babylon is judged.

Matthew 24:29 Immediately after the tribulation of those days shall the sun be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, and the stars shall fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken: 30 And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory. 31 And he shall send his angels with a great sound of a trumpet, and they shall gather together his elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other.

Revelation 9:12 One woe is past; and, behold, there come two woes more hereafter.

Revelation 11:14 The second woe is past; and, behold, the third woe cometh quickly.

Revelation 11:13 And the same hour was there a great earthquake, and the tenth part of the city fell, and in the earthquake were slain of men seven thousand: and the remnant were affrighted, and gave glory to the God of heaven.

Revelation 16:18 And there were voices, and thunders, and lightnings; and there was a great earthquake, such as was not since men were upon the earth, so mighty an earthquake, and so great.

Revelation 6:12 And I beheld when he had opened the sixth seal, and, lo, there was a great earthquake; and the sun became black as sackcloth of hair, and the moon became as blood; 

Revelation 9:13 And the sixth angel sounded, and I heard a voice from the four horns of the golden altar which is before God,

Revelation 11:11 And after three days and an half the Spirit of life from God entered into them, and they stood upon their feet; and great fear fell upon them which saw them.

Revelation 18:10 Standing afar off for the fear of her torment, saying, Alas, alas, that great city Babylon, that mighty city! for in one hour is thy judgment come.

Revelation 18:16 And saying, Alas, alas, that great city, that was clothed in fine linen, and purple, and scarlet, and decked with gold, and precious stones, and pearls! 

Revelation 18:19 And they cast dust on their heads, and cried, weeping and wailing, saying, Alas, alas, that great city, wherein were made rich all that had ships in the sea by reason of her costliness! for in one hour is she made desolate.

Revelation 14:8 And there followed another angel, saying, Babylon is fallen, is fallen, that great city, because she made all nations drink of the wine of the wrath of her fornication.

Revelation 6:9 And when he had opened the fifth seal, I saw under the altar the souls of them that were slain for the word of God, and for the testimony which they held

3rd woe God's wrath

Revelation 11:15 And the seventh angel sounded; and there were great voices in heaven, saying, The kingdoms of this world are become the kingdoms of our Lord, and of his Christ; and he shall reign for ever and ever. 

Revelation 11:18 And the nations were angry, and thy wrath is come, and the time of the dead, that they should be judged, and that thou shouldest give reward unto thy servants the prophets, and to the saints, and them that fear thy name, small and great; and shouldest destroy them which destroy the earth.

Revelation 6::17 For the great day of his wrath is come; and who shall be able to stand?
    • By cbear87
      Hello, everyone! 
      I am new to this forum and just seeking help in a certain area of my life. It's been a trying year, and
      1) I guess I am struggling in general with when I ask G*d for guidance/clarity/next steps to be made clear and I don't feel like I get an answer 
      2) I got majorly scammed by someone I had hired and I have been seeking an answer from G*d as to how I should handle the situation. It has been very frustrating because I feel like I have not gotten an answer from G*d (this happened about 1.5 months ago, and it is somewhat time-sensitive due to bank guidelines and so forth).  (details- I basically signed up a business coaching program with this "scammer" person who had been recommended to me by someone I trusted-- the program was WAY overpriced with little substance, not to mention the scammer blew off our calls and removed my access to things I had paid for, that were included with the coaching program.)
      So far, I have asked for a refund from the scammer (they said no) but I have not officially hired a lawyer or taken other action against them. I am basically out A LOT of money (over $10k that I did not have to begin with, and I am now in quite a bit of debt.) I originally hired this person to help me grow my small business in property management. 
      anyway, would love some advice!

• By Bell
      I’m new here, but I had to share my excitement as a Frank Paretti book that I’ve just finished simply blows me away. 
      I didn’t think of the spiritual realm like this before until I read his book. It’s kinda freaking me out as well to know that it so real and exists all around us. I know the bible says that it does, but it wasn’t until I read this book that I really thought about it in this context and the battle that we face. Don't get me wrong,  its not scaring me it's just a new way of looking at it for me.
      Anyway, I just finished the book called This Present Darkness and my friend has lent me Paretti’s other one called Piercing The Darkness. I read the first one in 2 days as I couldn’t put it down. Has anyone else experienced this with Paretti’s books, I find it absolutely amazing and simply can’t get it out of my head?
      I’m going to start reading Piercing The Darkness tonight… and I can’t wait!
    • By omharris
      I primarily use the NASB, but occasionally I find it deficient; I will insert other translations if they can clarify the context. Those translations will be duly noted.
      Chapter one was an appropriate greeting, but chapter two stands alone and begins to immediately address fears that have come as the result of some false teaching.
      This theme was not a new to Paul as he had written to the Christ-followers in Thessalonica on a previous occasion.
      1 Thessalonians 4:13-17 NASB 13) But we do not want you to be uninformed, brethren, about those who are asleep, so that you will not grieve as do the rest who have no hope. 14) For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so God will bring with Him those who have fallen asleep in Jesus. 15) For this we say to you by the word of the Lord, that we who are alive and remain until the coming of the Lord, will not precede those who have fallen asleep. 16) For the Lord, Himself will descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel and with the trumpet of God, and the dead in Christ will rise first. 17) Then we who are alive and remain will be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air, and so we shall always be with the Lord.
      Considering the years between these two letters, the new members that had been added to the church body, and the addition of some false teachings, the fear has had a chance to creep in. I see the effects of false teachings frequently in the church bodies I have had dealings with, as people espouse things they know so little about; all the while continuing to cloud the issue.
      So let's dissect the passages and see if we can understand all that Paul is trying to say.
      2 Thessalonians 2:1-2 NASB 1) Now we request you, brethren, with regard to the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ and our gathering together to Him, 2) that you not be quickly shaken from your composure or be disturbed either by a spirit or a message or a letter as if from us, to the effect that the day of the Lord has come.
      “with regard to the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ and our gathering together to Him,”
      Coming – is the Greek word parousia; a being near, that is, advent (often, return; specifically of Christ to punish Jerusalem, or finally the wicked.) Strong's concordance.
      In the explanation above I see two distinctly different things.
      One being Jehovah's return in the clouds to catch His church away. This catching away is called the harpazo, but it is also known as the advent or return.
      The second possible understanding is this idea of the punishment of Jerusalem or the wicked. This concept pertains to the wrath of God being poured out. One of the keys to understanding the difference between Jesus return for His church and His coming as the conquering Messiah hangs on this phrase - " the day of the Lord.” Using the NASB concordance, the expression shows up in 22 verses. 18 of those references are found in the Old Testament. Since the Tenach is designed for a Jewish audience then the language and references are expressly Jewish; that means that the phrase – the day of the Lord, is almost exclusively about the return of the Messiah.
      Of the four verses left and found in the New Testament, three of them are exclusively about the catching away of the church. This catching away is that time when Jesus comes back in the clouds for His church, and they will be caught up to meet Him in the air. 2Peter 3:10 leans more toward the time of the end, as it tells us that, “the heavens will pass away with a roar and the elements will be destroyed with intense heat, and the earth and its works will be burned up.” While all of these things are a part of the seven-year period the implications are that this will happen almost all at once when Jesus returns to the earth for the final time. You see, this is one of those areas that are not that black and white.
      So, let's see if the context of the passage answers the question about when this event will happen.
      While I understand that Paul was addressing the body of believers in Thessalonica (a primarily Jewish audience,) these words also apply to us. I do not hear this complaint or question anymore, but I am aware that many do believe that Christ has already returned. If that is the case, what are we doing and why are we wasting our time?
      But Christ has not already returned. How do I know that? Well there are markers, or some might think of them as guideposts along the way, and Paul spells them out.
      2 Thessalonians 2:3-4 NASB 3) Let no one in any way deceive you, for it will not come unless the apostasy comes first, and the man of lawlessness is revealed, the son of destruction, 4) who opposes and exalts himself above every so-called god or object of worship, so that he takes his seat in the temple of God, displaying himself as being God.
      “The apostasy comes first.”
      Since apostasy means a falling away, I ask you, has that happened? Absolutely, and at an exponential rate.
      “and the man of lawlessness is revealed,”
      I want to show you some alternate readings.
      This second selection is from the Complete Jewish Bible, and it translates this passage entirely different from anyone else. Why is this significant? Because even the Muslims have prophecies, and one of them describes such a man;
      2 Thessalonians 2:3 Darby Let not any one deceive you in any manner, because it will not be unless the apostasy have first come, and the man of sin have been revealed, the son of perdition;
      2 Thessalonians 2:3 CJB Don't let anyone deceive you in any way. For the Day will not come until after the Apostasy has come and the man who separates himself from Torah has been revealed, the one destined for doom.
      A man who is a descendant of Aaron –
      The priests were to come from the lineage of Aaron. Since we know that the temple will be rebuilt, then practically every preparation would have to be made at this point, for a high priest to be installed. He then would be the one to enter the Holy of Holies and sprinkle the blood of the lamb.
      The Muslim prophecies tell us that this Jew will reject the Torah, pay homage to the Mahdi, and follow him.
      Do you grasp the depth of this action? Many who have esteemed this Jew enough to appoint him as the high priest over the new temple will be deceived, turn from the true God, and follow his actions as they too will bow to the Mahdi in worship. This Mahdi appears to be the Islamic religious leader that will soon be saying peace peace. Most of this takes place 1260 days into the time of wrath upon the earth.
      I am always concerned that people will see my words as unbelievable.
      If, you are a follower of Jesus Christ, then, you are under a mandate to study to show not only, yourself, to be approved by God, but to judge the words being said to you, as to whether they are true or not. You are not doing this type of study to bash people, although I sometimes think that many should shut their mouths, but you are studying these things so that you can know what is right.
      Let me show you an example: I believe in the pre-tribulation rapture, regardless of the poor choice of words we traditionally use. Although there is a voluminous amount of those in opposition to this understanding, I did my homework and became even more thoroughly convinced that Jesus is coming back for His church that is waiting for Him, and, He is going to do so before God's wrath is poured out upon the earth.
      Specific reasons why I believe in a pre-wrath rapture.
      Matthew 3:7 NASB But when he saw many of the Pharisees and Sadducees coming for baptism, he said to them, "You brood of vipers, who warned you to flee from the wrath to come?
      The obvious thing I see here is that Jesus just acknowledged that it is purposeful to flee from the wrath, and, that there is wrath coming.
      Luke 21:23 NASB ... for there will be great distress upon the land and wrath to this people;
      Here we can see that the intended target is the land and these people. Now the statement, "o this people" is relatively generic and needs some clarity. Luke 21:24 NASB tells us that “they will fall by the edge of the sword, and will be led captive into all the nations;”
      It is easy enough to see that a part of this fulfillment comes upon Israel and it's people, the Jews. However, pay attention, and you can see one other group, the Gentiles. The Gentiles and the nations are the same. If you are not a Jew, and you are a follower of Christ, then you have been engrafted into the vine and no longer fall under the category of being a Gentile in God's eyes.
      Those with a veil over their eyes will not get this concept. Since we are “in Christ” then we are part of the church and not subject to this wrath.
      Romans 1:18 NASB For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men who suppress the truth in unrighteousness,
      What is evident to me is the terminology, the wrath of God. Pay attention to the words being used and upon whom they are directed. Romans 1:18 can be taken as a somewhat broad spectrum statement.
      An example of this broad spectrum idea – I know a man who came to church for a time and did all the appropriate things. He came down front, cried his eyes out, made sorrowful and repentant statements. Why he even got baptized in a swimming pool as a symbol of this new and changed life he wanted to live. That didn't last long. Does he belong to God and is therefore not going to be subject to this wrath because he is part of the church. I do not know, because any fruit he produces is rotten and stinks before it falls off the tree. This pattern has been going on for years.
      Ephesians 2:3 NASB Among them we too all formerly lived in the lusts of our flesh, indulging the desires of the flesh and of the mind, and were by nature children of wrath, even as the rest.
      The Apostle Paul taught that we were formerly children of wrath, and no longer subject to the “wrath of God.”
      1 Thessalonians 1:10 NASB 10) and to wait for His Son from heaven, whom He raised from the dead, that is Jesus, who rescues us from the wrath to come.
      1 Thessalonians 1:10 is one of the most specific examples that Paul gave us. Since we are in Christ, Jesus has rescued us from the wrath that is to come.
      1 Thessalonians 5:9 NASB 9) For God has not destined us for wrath, but for obtaining salvation through our Lord Jesus Christ,
      Many think that we deserve punishment. Well, that might have been true, but as followers of Christ, we are of those who have agreed to and accepted His salvation. You see, you need to have a firm grasp on what Jesus did. I am continually trying to remind people that all sins were forgiven – past, present, and future. Then what are people being punished for? Look at what Colossians 3:5-6 tells us,
      Therefore consider the members of your earthly body as dead to immorality, impurity, passion, evil desire, and greed, which amounts to idolatry. 6) For it is because of these things that the wrath of God will come upon the sons of disobedience, NASB
      Simply put, you either follow Jesus, or you follow the god of this world, Satan. He will go to an eternal punishment, as will all those who choose to follow him. This punishment, as many want to believe, is not the end-all statement, as God is a merciful God beyond everything else; ask Jonah. And that is why we have the sheep and goats of Matthew 25. Take the time to study that.
      Revelation 6:14-17 NASB 14) The sky was split apart like a scroll when it is rolled up, and every mountain and island were moved out of their places. 15) Then the kings of the earth and the great men and the commanders and the rich and the strong and every slave and free man hid themselves in the caves and among the rocks of the mountains; 16) and they *said to the mountains and to the rocks, "Fall on us and hide us from the presence of Him who sits on the throne, and from the wrath of the Lamb; 17) for the great day of their wrath has come, and who is able to stand?"
      There are three things I want you to see here. Verse 15 gives us a description of some of the people affected by what is happening: kings of the earth; great men; commanders; the rich and strong, and every slave and free man. No one upon the earth is left unscathed by what is coming.
      In verse 16 we see them crying out to be hid from the presence of “Him who sits on the throne, AND from the wrath of the Lamb. This lamb is Jesus Christ. Since I used an example from the Revelation, let me point something out to you. This entire book is a Revelation of Jesus Christ. Even the rich, in this scenario, understood that God played a hand in this, and at the same time, they are acknowledging Jesus. It's all about Jesus.
      And the last thing, although I have already intimated it, is that this wrath is coming from God/Jesus.
      Since we are going to be like Bereans, a people who had enough sense to verify that what Paul was teaching was right, what then do we use as a basis for what is true? Keep in mind, that the Bereans did not have Bibles, they had some scrolls. Those scrolls were so valued that only a limited number of priests could handle them, and so the Torah and Tanakh were read aloud. This idea of scrolls changes the whole idea of Bible study. The Bereans had no New Testament, it was being spoken in their ears by Paul and lived out right in front of them. I, on the other hand, have over thirty translations of the Bible on my computer, and over forty commentaries that I can glean from. I have no excuses.
      The answer to the question is The Word of God. Now, since we know that there are errors across translations, is it wise to merely open the NIV for example, read it, and then say, “this is how that is supposed to be understood!” NO, because, as I said, there are errors. (Do not for a moment think that these errors are on God's part, as God's wisdom has been substantiated by His ability to get His message across plainly to those who choose to pursue this wisdom.)
      So, what am I saying to you? Be open but alert; trust the Holy Spirit to guide you; judge everything against the word of God, and, remove yourself, if you can, from false teachers. They will corrupt you with the simplest of things, such as David conquering Goliath when David was only four foot tall. That is not even close to the terminology used in the descriptions of David. King Saul, who knew David well for David was his ARMOR bearer, called him a youth. But what does that mean? Are these things critical to the story? NO, but if you are willing to build false images about the nature and character of David, what else will a false teacher do with God and His word.
      I can tell you what some will do, for I have experienced this first hand. These false teachers send everyone that comes to the Great White throne judgment to hell. There is nothing about that scenario that definitively points to that happening; these same teachers refuse to see that Matthew 25 and the story of the sheep and the goats, is just another picture of the Great White Throne. In other words, they will twist the gospel so tightly that in time, you will not be able to understand what is true.

• By Zera
      Please pray for a friend of mine whose name is Bernard.  He has been very sick for three weeks doctor's not sure what's wrong.  He has been to church 3-4 weeks + before that but has not accepted Christ as his saviour to my knowledge.  Please pray for his healing and salvation.
       Elise, a friend of my daughters, needs prayer job, housing, and salvation.

Thanks for your prayers!