IGNORED

An unprecedented event: would you join this?

listener24

• Group:  Servant
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  275
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  5,208
  • Content Per Day:  1.00
  • Days Won:  0

On 11/25/2017 at 8:08 PM, MyLordsServant said:

I didn't say that you said Jesus will do it. I said you worded it in that way.

You have a bitter heart to be making such claims. Assuming what I know and don't know. 

If I didn't know what is written in Zachariah, I wouldn't have asked you. I would have searched it myself.

Please refrain from making comments such as this in the future, it can and will result in removal from threads.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  479
  • Content Per Day:  0.20

1 hour ago, listener24 said:

Yes brother...these are points in which I guess it's normal that there is disagreement, and it's useful to consider the various point of views and the various Scriptures. Hoping to come closer to the Truth together.

God bless you 

He doesn't understand that he is part of the prophecy and Christians aren't supposed to sit around and wait for everything to happen.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  153
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  5,881
  • Content Per Day:  2.48
  • Days Won:  1

4 hours ago, MyLordsServant said:

He doesn't understand that he is part of the prophecy and Christians aren't supposed to sit around and wait for everything to happen.

Not really.Although I knew Trump would win the election by how he is described,i didn't take part in the prophecy.I didn't vote at all.

I also will not be taking part In the rest of the chapter but I will be watching it.

Edited by Shilohsfoal

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  479
  • Content Per Day:  0.20

38 minutes ago, Shilohsfoal said:

Not really.Although I knew Trump would win the election by how he is described,i didn't take part in the prophecy.I didn't vote at all.

I also will not be taking part In the rest of the chapter but I will be watching it.

Everyone has their place. The fact you're not Trump doesn't make you less involved. If anything the opposite, as you're a Christian and your duty is to spread the gospel. 

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  153
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  5,881
  • Content Per Day:  2.48

11 hours ago, MyLordsServant said:

Everyone has their place. The fact you're not Trump doesn't make you less involved. If anything the opposite, as you're a Christian and your duty is to spread the gospel. 

I'm not involved in the prophecies that im watching.Im,told to watch and I am.I need not be involved in them as I'm not instructed to.

Edited by Shilohsfoal
  • Oy Vey! 1

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  43
  • Topic Count:  43
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  650
  • Content Per Day:  0.28

13 hours ago, MyLordsServant said:

Everyone has their place.

Exactly, of course as Christians we want to take part to prophecies by standings on the Good side.

We want to be the ones about whom it is written:

"And will not God bring about justice for his chosen ones, who cry out to him day and night? Will he keep putting them off? 8 I tell you, he will see that they get justice, and quickly. However, when the Son of Man comes, will he find faith on the earth?"

And we want to be among the ones that make this happen:

"And this gospel of the kingdom will be preached in the whole world as a testimony to all nations, and then the end will come."

• Brilliant! 1

10 minutes ago, Yowm said:

You have referred to the Lord 'predicting ' the future a number of times. To me, prediction  is something man does being finite. I see the Lord proclaiming what will be rather than predict. Predict almost sounds that there is  an element of uncertainty or God is a fortune teller of sorts.

Can you clarify? 

Good question!

The predictions are for us, I'm referring to the prophecies that He let us know. 

But you are right, He chooses the events of course.

The only other thing to take into account is our free will. He knows what we'll do with our free will, and He makes his decisions by taking into account this too, but He doesn't completely overcome our free will.

For instance, if someone will decide to not accept Him, it won't be because of a God's decision but because of what that person will do with his free will. This is not uncertain to God, God knows already His decision, but it's not being decided by God either, the person decided to not accept Him. God in this case only decided to respect His free will.

And, btw, that answer with the timeline is only for people who believe that God knows and has disposed of the future.

For those who don't even believe this, there are even less thing to explain about the influence of prayers.

Edited by listener24

Just now, Yowm said:

I believe when we start dabbling into the eternal realm we have gone one realm too far. Our finite minds want to comprehend the infinite and will come up with all sort of contrivances and formulas to do so but it isn't going to happen this side of eternity except for what clearly God has revealed in the Incarnate God. We know there is an interplay between the personal infinite and the non and personal finite but how that all works out in detail, we don't know.

I agree with you!

Indeed, the proposal of the starting topic is only based on Scriptures.

If we just trust Scriptures, we can make that prayer.

But since some here tried to answer and stop this intention by a human reasoning on that realm "they said: since God knows and has decided the future, then our prayer have no influence". That reasoning is already disproved by the Scriptures, but I've demonstrated that it's even refuted in its own human realm.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  40
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  6,576
  • Content Per Day:  1.07
  • Birthday:  10/28/1957

On 11/27/2017 at 5:54 AM, Shilohsfoal said:

I didn't say anything about who will or will not be saved.I only said there is a certain time God will send Christ.An appointed time.

There is much written about what it to take place before that teirrible day of the Lord come and God is no lier.

Everything that has been prophecies that shall happen will happen and there's nothing anyone of us can,do to change that.All the praying in the world is not going to change what is written.And what is written is there is an appointed time for the resurrection.

Shalom, Shilohsfoal.

I didn't say you did! I was saying that thinking that these "appointed times" give only ONE possible event on the timeline is LIKE the "certainly" that God has DETERMINED who will be "saved" and who won't be "saved."

Don't put God in a box of ANY size! If He wants to change the "appointed time" when He will send the Messiah back to earth, that's HIS business!

Let me ask you a simple question: Do you believe that God answers prayer?

There's no special "magic" to a particular date in the future (even when we don't know when exactly it will be). God keeps that date to HIMSELF. And, NO ONE KNOWS how much our current and future prayers to God for His longsuffering and covenant keeping will affect/have affected His choice for that date from the Beginning of Creation! But, I have absolutely NO DOUBT that God hears our prayers and answers them positively because we are His children, however that "positively" works out in reality. Some simplistically say that God answers , "Yes," "No," or "Wait a while," but I believe His answers are "Yes" and "Yes"; we just don't know how that "yes" will come across in the present. Remember: "The Spirit itself intercedes for us with groanings which cannot be uttered," and it is HIS interpretation of our prayers upon which God the Father acts.

But, it was promised,...

1 John 3:13-24
13 Marvel not, my brethren, if the world hate you.
14 We know that we have passed from death unto life, because we love the brethren. He that loveth not his brother abideth in death.
15 Whosoever hateth his brother is a murderer: and ye know that no murderer hath eternal life abiding in him.
16 Hereby perceive we the love of God, because he laid down his life for us: and we ought to lay down our lives for the brethren.
17 But whoso hath this world's good, and seeth his brother have need, and shutteth up his bowels of compassion from him, how dwelleth the love of God in him?
18 My little children, let us not love in word, neither in tongue; but in deed and in truth.
19 And hereby we know that we are of the truth, and shall assure our hearts before him.
20 For if our heart condemn us, God is greater than our heart, and knoweth all things.
21 Beloved, if our heart condemn us not, then have we confidence toward God.
22 And whatsoever we ask, we receive of him, because we keep his commandments, and do those things that are pleasing in his sight.
23 And this is his commandment, That we should believe on the name of his Son Jesus Christ, and love one another, as he gave us commandment.
24 And he that keepeth his commandments dwelleth in him, and he in him. And hereby we know that he abideth in us, by the Spirit which he hath given us.
KJV

Later in the same book, Yochannan (John) said,

1 John 5:10-15
10 He that believeth on the Son of God hath the witness in himself: he that believeth not God hath made him a liar; because he believeth not the record that God gave of his Son.
11 And this is the record, that God hath given to us eternal life, and this life is in his Son.
12 He that hath the Son hath life; and he that hath not the Son of God hath not life.
13 These things have I written unto you that believe on the name of the Son of God; that ye may know that ye have eternal life, and that ye may believe on the name of the Son of God.
14 And this is the confidence that we have in him, that, if we ask any thing according to his will, he heareth us:
15 And if we know that he hear us, whatsoever we ask, we know that we have the petitions that we desired of him.
KJV

So, when one is "on the same page" with God, he or she may ask ANYTHING, and it will be done! Why? It's simply because we're thinking IN TUNE with God's thinking!

Yeshua` Himself gave us this promise:

John 15:4-7
4 Abide in me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, except it abide in the vine; no more can ye, except ye abide in me.
5 I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing.
6 If a man abide not in me, he is cast forth as a branch, and is withered; and men gather them, and cast them into the fire, and they are burned.
7 If ye abide in me, and my words abide in you, ye shall ask what ye will, and it shall be done unto you.
KJV

and...

John 16:20-27
20 Verily, verily, I say unto you, That ye shall weep and lament, but the world shall rejoice: and ye shall be sorrowful, but your sorrow shall be turned into joy.
21 A woman when she is in travail hath sorrow, because her hour is come: but as soon as she is delivered of the child, she remembereth no more the anguish, for joy that a man is born into the world.
22 And ye now therefore have sorrow: but I will see you again, and your heart shall rejoice, and your joy no man taketh from you.
23 And in that day ye shall ask me nothing. Verily, verily, I say unto you, Whatsoever ye shall ask the Father in my name, he will give it you.
24 Hitherto have ye asked nothing in my name: ask, and ye shall receive, that your joy may be full.
25 These things have I spoken unto you in proverbs: but the time cometh, when I shall no more speak unto you in proverbs, but I shall shew you plainly of the Father.
26 At that day ye shall ask in my name: and I say not unto you, that I will pray the Father for you:
27 For the Father himself loveth you, because ye have loved me, and have believed that I came out from God.
KJV

So, it's not impossible to pray to God regarding His Son returning sooner than He might otherwise have been sent the Second Time. We don't know the "appointed time."

• Brilliant! 1