IGNORED

An unprecedented event: would you join this?

listener24

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  40
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  6,539
  • Content Per Day:  1.07
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  10/28/1957

23 hours ago, Last Daze said:

If God has fixed the times and seasons concerning His kingdom by His own authority, aren't they fixed?

• So when they had come together, they were asking Him, saying, “Lord, is it at this time You are restoring the kingdom to Israel?”  He said to them, “It is not for you to know times or epochs which the Father has fixed by His own authority."  Acts 1:6-7

Shalom, Last Daze.

Yes, they ARE fixed; that is, they ARE "written in stone!" However, again, like I told Cletus above, God doesn't SHARE the "WHEN" with us! From our perspective, while we know that those times are indeed "fixed," we don't know WHEN they are coming! So, from our perspective, the timing is FLEXIBLE, because WE are flexible! Since we can't see the future and don't even know how the future events will fit into the situations we have today, for us, those events are VARIABLE! We won't know WHEN they're "fixed" until they are in our PAST! Even then, we may not recognize that they have been fulfilled if we're not watching for them!

• 2 weeks later...

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  43
  • Topic Count:  43
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  650
  • Content Per Day:  0.28
  • Days Won:  0

On 5/29/2018 at 9:35 AM, Last Daze said:

There's certainly no harm done in praying for and eagerly anticipating His return.

•  

Agree brother.

Do you think that this awareness is spread all over churches?

Do you think anything can be done to spread it?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  84
  • Content Count:  3,986
  • Content Per Day:  1.13
  • Days Won:  4

31 minutes ago, listener24 said:

Agree brother.

Do you think that this awareness is spread all over churches?

Do you think anything can be done to spread it?

A timely question.  Just yesterday I received a box of flyers that I had printed that I plan to distribute.  I would recommend others to take similar measures that encourage the body of Christ to be vigilant and active in knowing and doing God's will because spiritual regime change is quickly approaching.

• Praise God! 1

On 6/7/2018 at 6:43 AM, Last Daze said:

A timely question.  Just yesterday I received a box of flyers that I had printed that I plan to distribute.  I would recommend others to take similar measures that encourage the body of Christ to be vigilant and active in knowing and doing God's will because spiritual regime change is quickly approaching.

Glad to hear! God' s timing!

I'm noticing encouraging sings of the Spirit at work as well.

And on the topic of this thread, you can notice a lot of links with sources talking about this specific prayer, as never in other historical periods except for the early first century. 

We can contribute to get the bride ready for Her bridegroom, praying for Him to rescue Her soon

Edited by listener24
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, listener24 said:

Glad to hear! God' s timing!

I'm noticing encouraging sings of the Spirit at work as well.

And on the topic of this thread, you can notice a lot of links with sources talking about this specific prayer, as never in other historical periods except for the early first century. 

We can contribute to get the bride ready for Her bridegroom, praying for Him to rescue Her soon

Yes, may we all remain vigilant as we look for and eagerly await the return of our Lord.

On 6/9/2018 at 7:38 PM, Last Daze said:

Yes, may we all remain vigilant as we look for and eagerly await the return of our Lord.

amen!

And don't be afraid to use the word "speed up", which is the more likely correct translation of 2Peter 3:12.

Other parts of the Scriptures demonstrate that God speeds up His plan based on human cooperation and prayer.

For instance:

Matthew 24:20 "Pray that your flight will not take place in winter or on the Sabbath."

And many others, above all Luke 18:1-8

Edited by listener24
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, listener24 said:

amen!

And don't be afraid to use the word "speed up", which is the more likely correct translation of 2Peter 3:12.

Other parts of the Scriptures demonstrate that God speeds up His plan based on human cooperation and prayer.

For instance:

Matthew 24:20 "Pray that your flight will not take place in winter or on the Sabbath."

And many others, above all Luke 18:1-8

Good point!

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 1

• 1 month later...

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  165
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  3,997
  • Content Per Day:  1.58
  • Days Won:  15

@listener24 I shall begin by addressing points 2 and 4 of your post. 

2. The Lord indeed wants to cooperate with us because He lives inside of us (Colossians 2:17, 1 John 4:15, 1 Corinthians 3:16). We are His bride (Revelation 19:4-7) and He is the Bridegroom. Spouses work in cooperation and so we are called to work in tandem with the Holy Trinity. 

4. We are called to pray the Lord Jesus Christ come quickly:

”I, Jesus, have sent my angel to give you this message for the churches. I am both the source of David and the heir to his throne. I am the bright morning star.”

17 The Spirit and the bride say, “Come.” Let anyone who hears this say, “Come.” Let anyone who is thirsty come. Let anyone who desires drink freely from the water of life. 18 And I solemnly declare to everyone who hears the words of prophecy written in this book: If anyone adds anything to what is written here, God will add to that person the plagues described in this book. 19 And if anyone removes any of the words from this book of prophecy, God will remove that person’s share in the tree of life and in the holy city that are described in this book.

20 He who is the faithful witness to all these things says, “Yes, I am coming soon!”

Amen! Come, Lord Jesus!“ (Revelation 22:16-20). 

It is clear tht we the bride are to say Come! (Revelation 22:17) To pray “Come, Lord Jesus!” 

• This is Worthy 1

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  165
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  3,997
  • Content Per Day:  1.58
  • Days Won:  15

@listener24 I just had a Revelation reading your point 3, on The Our Father Prayer: 

3. I see that you are taking the “Kingdom Come,” of the Pater Noster (Our Father Prayer) to be synonymous with “come quickly Lord Jesus.” (REVELATION 22:17-20) which changes how we see the Our Father Prayer! It no longer is just a hierarchy of needs prayer but literally do call the Lord Jesus and His Kingdom (Revelation 20:4-9, Revelation 21:1-53) to come! Woah! The prayer just changed for me! ????✝️

• Loved it! 1

Just now, Fidei Defensor said:

@listener24 I just had a Revelation reading your point 3, on The Our Father Prayer: 

3. I see that you are taking the “Kingdom Come,” of the Pater Noster (Our Father Prayer) to be synonymous with “come quickly Lord Jesus.” (REVELATION 22:17-20) which changes how we see the Our Father Prayer! It no longer is just a hierarchy of needs prayer but literally do call the Lord Jesus and His Kingdom (Revelation 20:4-9, Revelation 21:1-53) to come! Woah! The prayer just changed for me! ????✝️

Woooow!!!

I can't praise the Lord enough for this revelation you just got!

Just to confirm that it's all about it, let's remember the last request: "deliver us from the Evil One"

When will we be delivered from the Evil One?

"When the Son of Man comes in his glory, and all the angels with him, he will sit on his glorious throne. 32 All the nations will be gathered before him, and he will separate the people one from another as a shepherd separates the sheep from the goats."

"And the devil, who deceived them, was thrown into the lake of burning sulfur, where the beast and the false prophet had been thrown."

And then of course Luke 18: 1-8....

I am also thankful to the Lord that not only you understood this, but you understood that it is a BIG DEAL!

Our understanding is so important, otherwise our prayers become "vain repetition".

So if we pray the Lord prayer to just get worldly things, we are basically asking the opposite of what the prayer teaches...Then we become similar to those described in Matthew 22:1-14.

I know you put a lot of importance on understanding, as your name "Fidei Defensor" says :)